Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Bilstein 5100 question

Old 10-07-2011, 01:09 PM   #1
Hayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brandon
Hayes's Tacoma Gallery
Bilstein 5100 question

I have some question about the Bilstein 5100 shocks.
1) 1) Do they improve the ride of the truck? I am not looking for a lift right now, just smoother ride. I wouldn’t be upset if it improved the flex.
2) 2) I saw two different versions. One with no lift and one with some lift, is that how you are obtaining the lift? Or is the lifted version in relation to how much spring lift you have?
I appreciate any information that I can get on these. I searched and looked through the majority of the 41 threads that come up in this section when you search Bilstein and came up with nothing.

Brandon
Old 10-07-2011, 01:11 PM   #2
Banned
raswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rick
raswank's Tacoma Gallery
search 5100's this has been discussed a million times. The fronts are height adjustable from 0 to 2.5 with your stock springs
Old 10-07-2011, 01:23 PM   #3
Hayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Hayes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by raswank View Post
search 5100's this has been discussed a million times. The fronts are height adjustable from 0 to 2.5 with your stock springs
Searching 5100 brings up 28 threads with no real good answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcqueen280 View Post
1. yes
2. they all same. you can crank them short or long though, but yeah its mostly springs that lift. iirc 5100s give some lift from stock even cranked to zero though.

Thank you.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:50 PM   #4
Hayes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmcqueen280 View Post
no problem. give bilstein or toytec a call if you want to double check/ get more specific info
I didn't even think about calling toytec, they are local to me and I have a friend that works there... Guess I'll have to hit him up and ask all my questions.
Old 10-26-2011, 01:08 AM   #5
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayes View Post
I didn't even think about calling toytec, they are local to me and I have a friend that works there... Guess I'll have to hit him up and ask all my questions.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:36 AM   #6
Hayes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
Sometimes with the Internet I forget that real people work places... Ha ha.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:44 PM   #7
STxTaco is on a distinguished road
STxTaco's Tacoma Gallery
So....what did you find out?
Old 11-06-2011, 10:18 PM   #9
Hayes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by STxTaco View Post
So....what did you find out?
I have been too busy to call, but when I get a chance I will get a price.