Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

tires to big?

Old 10-09-2011, 02:29 PM   #1
yota pride is on a distinguished road

Name: rob
yota pride's Tacoma Gallery
tires to big?

i have a 92 Toyota regular cab, its got a 7 inch lift, i have 38's on it, and it shows no sign of struggle, accelerates fine and no bad vibrations, i have the 4 cylinder in it, just wondering if they're to big?
Old 10-09-2011, 02:31 PM   #2
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Holy shit. Are you geard?
Old 10-09-2011, 02:32 PM   #4

i have 5:29's in the rear and 410's in the front, but my front drivshaft is out being extended right now.

haven't gotten around to changing the front yet
Old 10-09-2011, 02:37 PM   #5
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

98_Mud_bug's Tacoma Gallery
match the gears before you blow your diff. up. and I wouldnt see why it would be too big, i know a few guys running 44's on old model 22re's but they are geared to hell.
Old 10-09-2011, 02:40 PM   #6

what are they geared at?
Old 10-09-2011, 02:44 PM   #8
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i think one is runnin 6 somethins but it's sittin on dana 70 front and a dana 60 rear
Old 10-09-2011, 02:46 PM   #9
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed
worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yota pride View Post
i have a 92 Toyota regular cab, its got a 7 inch lift, i have 38's on it, and it shows no sign of struggle, accelerates fine and no bad vibrations, i have the 4 cylinder in it, just wondering if they're to big?
No they are not.
Old 10-09-2011, 02:48 PM   #11

sorry about no pics, my dad regeared the rear axle for me, what do I need to buy for the regearing of the front axle for 5:29's?
Old 10-09-2011, 02:53 PM   #12
98_mud_bug

call east coast gear supply, they can set you up. is it still independent suspension?
Old 10-09-2011, 02:56 PM   #13

straight axle
Old 10-09-2011, 03:02 PM   #14
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
what kinda axles
Old 10-09-2011, 03:09 PM   #15
TACOMANATOR
TRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
TRDBandit's Tacoma Gallery
Dont you need the same gears front and rear? Otherwise your 4 wheel drive is working at different paces. When I broke my axle in my old jeep they put 3.73 in the front and it was supposed to be 4.10. Went wheeling. Popped it in 4x4 and my back wasnt working with the front. My front was spinning at a diff pace causing it to drag the rear. Did not work off road.
Old 10-09-2011, 03:23 PM   #16
You're my boy blue
Blue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlue is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Dylan
Blue's Tacoma Gallery
correct
Old 10-09-2011, 03:25 PM   #17
cummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cummins6speed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDBandit View Post
Dont you need the same gears front and rear? Otherwise your 4 wheel drive is working at different paces. When I broke my axle in my old jeep they put 3.73 in the front and it was supposed to be 4.10. Went wheeling. Popped it in 4x4 and my back wasnt working with the front. My front was spinning at a diff pace causing it to drag the rear. Did not work off road.
He said he doesn't have a front driveshaft and I assume he will change the front before he uses 4wd
Old 10-09-2011, 03:37 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by cummins6speed View Post
He said he doesn't have a front driveshaft and I assume he will change the front before he uses 4wd
yeah i only have the transfer case as far as 4wd goes, the drivshaft is out, and the lever for the 4wd is out also, so i won't be using for a while, is it safe to drive for the time being?
Old 10-09-2011, 03:48 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98_Mud_bug View Post
yea.
yeah its safe?