LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

2.7 volant w/scoop

Old 11-04-2008, 06:14 PM   #1
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Willie
vtragweed's Tacoma Gallery
2.7 volant w/scoop

im looking at the volant intake for the 08' 2.7 with the scoop has anyone tried this yet? if so, what kinda increase did you see and any MPG difference
Old 11-07-2008, 01:26 AM   #2
Zebra is on a distinguished road

Zebra's Tacoma Gallery

the truck will rev like a champ and will turn heads. get about 1-2 mpg extra. and i have never found any water in the box from driving in the rain, snow and some mud
Old 11-07-2008, 02:50 AM   #3
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
is there a large difference in noticable power
Old 11-07-2008, 10:25 AM   #4

Zebra's Tacoma Gallery
it feels like it has more get up and go but as for dyno gains i have no clue
Old 11-07-2008, 03:45 PM   #6

Zebra's Tacoma Gallery
i think it was about 350 total. it was the first thing i bought for the truck
Old 11-07-2008, 03:57 PM   #7
Beef Slut

Firefighter:
i wonder if theres any way to make a "homemade" scoop
Old 11-07-2008, 04:01 PM   #8
pucksniper is a glorious beacon of lightpucksniper is a glorious beacon of lightpucksniper is a glorious beacon of lightpucksniper is a glorious beacon of lightpucksniper is a glorious beacon of light

Army: 11b infantry
Name: Mike
pucksniper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtragweed View Post
im looking at the volant intake for the 08' 2.7 with the scoop has anyone tried this yet? if so, what kinda increase did you see and any MPG difference
i have it on my 4.0 ................... IMHO.i like it.. i do not have any numbers BUT i feel a noticeable difference !!
Old 11-17-2008, 08:50 AM   #9
"Mark It Zero"
Agent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent475 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sergeant, 0261
Agent475's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtragweed View Post
i wonder if theres any way to make a "homemade" scoop
There was a thread out there where a guy had one fabricated... I think it was from another site - maybe TTORA... not sure - it's been a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
i think it was about 350 total. it was the first thing i bought for the truck
Thanks... looks great!

Products Discussed in this Thread