1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

newbi needs help with brackets, suggestion would be appricatied

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by slickvick, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Oct 11, 2011 at 10:28 AM
    slickvick

slickvick [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    victor
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    97 toyo, 4 banger, 3 inch suspention lift
    3 inch suspension lift, K&N intake, 40 serise flow master, downey headers, new used transmission with new torque convertor, and regreared differential pumpkin
    hi everyone, this is my first time being on this forum, so i have this direr problem with my toyo tacoma 1997, the bracket that connects to the lower ball joint to the suspension keeps on breaking on both sides of the driver and passenger side of my truck. my truck has a 3'' suspension lift and has 275/70/15 size tires with spacers. i think the reason why the brackets keep on breaking cause of the lift and it adds more tension to the brackets but i got the lift almost 8 years ago, so why break now?. so the question is why are my brackets breaking now, this often, i dont go off roading anymore and they still break. i know my shocks (bilstien) are done but they are not that bad out of shape. can anybody help me with this problem im having. i dont wanna trash my first truck and i wanna keep her as long as i possibly can.

2. Oct 11, 2011 at 11:16 AM
    slickvick

slickvick [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    victor
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    97 toyo, 4 banger, 3 inch suspention lift
    3 inch suspension lift, K&N intake, 40 serise flow master, downey headers, new used transmission with new torque convertor, and regreared differential pumpkin
    here are some pics pof my truck before and after i fixed it and also the bracket that keeps on breaking

IMG_20110808_134826.jpg
    IMG_20110808_134838.jpg
    IMG_20110912_155152.jpg
    IMG_20110927_143333.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top