Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

100k Mile Maintenance Questions

Old 10-17-2011, 03:56 PM   #1
JTacoma will become famous soon enough

JTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
100k Mile Maintenance Questions

I just hit 100,000 miles last weekend while hunting. It's a 95 3rz and I was wondering what I need to replace. I heard I should replace the timing chain. Do I need to? What about spark plugs or fuel filter? I know I need to replace the shocks and struts beacuse of the ride and not the age. Is there anything I need to be concerned about? Thanks for the help.

Old 10-17-2011, 04:10 PM   #2
BakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedBakoTruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Herbie Hancock
BakoTruck's Tacoma Gallery
Break out the manual, it will be in there.

Spark plugs should be changed every 20k-25k, fuel filter (everyone has own opinion) every 15k-20k...or every 25k is fine. Stand on the rear bumper, jump off and if the truck bounces up and down more than 2 times, than it's time to change. They say the shocks and struts should be changed every 50k-60k, but you can go a lot longer than that.

I would also recommend you clean the MAF sensor, the throttle body. Run some seafoam fuel cleaner through too.

Hope that helps.
Old 10-18-2011, 12:40 AM   #3
saugus is on a distinguished road
saugus's Tacoma Gallery
shocks, trans fluid, coolant, brake fluid, power steering fluid.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:27 PM   #4
JTacoma will become famous soon enough

JTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
The manual that came with the truck is for the first series 1995 Toyota, not the Tacoma. Thanks for the help and suggestions.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:31 PM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
The timing chain lasts for the life of the engine.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:37 PM   #6
friction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shed

friction's Tacoma Gallery
With the VIN you can grab the manual here:

http://www.toyota.com/owners/

Cool truck, BTW.
Old 10-30-2011, 08:14 AM   #8
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
^werd and probably belts and hoses if they are crispy
Old 02-29-2012, 11:52 AM   #9
Muscles is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Load Master
Name: Kyle
Muscles's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YodasYota View Post
All the above and to top it all off with sea foam.
What does sea foam do? I was looking at the product and not sure what it does lol sorry I dont know anything about trucks.

My 05 is almost at 100,000 has like 99,300. I bought it at 86,000 miles and it didnt come with a service manual. Not sure what I should do when I get to the 100,000 mile club lol it needs a oil change, and dunno what else i should be changing
Old 02-29-2012, 11:55 AM   #10
friction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscles View Post
My 05 is almost at 100,000 has like 99,300. I bought it at 86,000 miles and it didnt come with a service manual. Not sure what I should do when I get to the 100,000 mile club lol it needs a oil change, and dunno what else i should be changing
You can download the manual here for free:

http://www.toyota.com/owners/web/pages/home
Old 02-29-2012, 11:58 AM   #11
Muscles is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Load Master
Name: Kyle
Muscles's Tacoma Gallery
ok sweet thanks
Old 02-29-2012, 12:00 PM   #12

Bought my truck used and was in the same boat.