Notices

My '12 is "on the truck."

Old 10-20-2011, 06:29 PM   #1
Comptroller
Icewatersteam is on a distinguished road

Army: Convoy gunner, OIF III
Icewatersteam's Tacoma Gallery
Smile My '12 is "on the truck."

I'm about ready to pee myself with excitement, and it'll take at least 'til Wednesday, prob'ly longer, 'cause the wheels. Reg cab 4x4 manual wif de bronze 16"ers. Thing is, they called me, asked "you wanna buy another vehicle?" And I was all "hell, no!" But they made a trade in offer that worked. Lot had big ones gathering dust, and not a little 4-banger to be seen. Still behind from the tsunami. Thought about going access cab with or without the v6, but I'd miss the tight little wheelbase. Can't wait. Going to be a long week.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:56 PM   #3
Comptroller

Pyrite Mica. Fremont... I think. Stoked about the bed extender. Thinking it will serve as a mileage extender, as well.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:06 PM   #5
Comptroller

Mod? I want to get a supertop, a top gun customz stealth rear bumper, and a buckstop baja front bumper. I'd wanted to add some, but not too much weight (especially in back), and I noticed the access cab 4 banger is around 500lbs. heavier than the reg cab. So, I figure 400lbs over stock bumper weight would be do-able.
I want to get a tonneau as well, but need to find one that won't interfere w/the supertop.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:13 PM   #7
Comptroller

Right on!
Old 10-20-2011, 10:21 PM   #8
Manual Transmission Enthusiast
TacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
TacomaBuzz's Tacoma Gallery
Yep, the 2.7L won't disappoint!! You will love the MPG's. I once had a 4.0 L V6 Tacoma and I can honestly say that the 2.7 L is often overlooked and downplayed by the v6 guys. it really is one capable, powerful workhorse. true it's not as fast, but trucks aren't built to be race cars.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:31 AM   #9
Benched is on a distinguished road
Name: John
Benched's Tacoma Gallery
Congratulations on your new truck. I wish my dealers had some regular cab 4x4 in stock... I'm still debating on the Pyrite or Spruce. The regular cabs must be the last to ship to the dealers, I know most guys want the Dbl. cabs.

Enjoy her when she arrives.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:34 AM   #10
Banned
raswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rick
raswank's Tacoma Gallery
Bed extender will do nothing for mpg's. Tonneau pretty much does nothing. And remember the more weight you add, the more you go against your mpg's
Old 10-21-2011, 04:45 PM   #11
Comptroller

Heard a figure: Average loss of 4% per two hundred pounds. Don't know their formula. That little mother has enough zip to get you in trouble. I love it. I just hope they sell my old one to somebody far away. If I saw somebody driving it all stupid, it'd break my heart.
Old 10-21-2011, 05:47 PM   #12
Zombie Killer!
705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dean
705 Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benched View Post
Congratulations on your new truck. I wish my dealers had some regular cab 4x4 in stock... I'm still debating on the Pyrite or Spruce. The regular cabs must be the last to ship to the dealers, I know most guys want the Dbl. cabs.

Enjoy her when she arrives.
At least you can get one. Still no reg cabs or Prerunners in Canada. I likely would have got a reg cab. My 96 was cool.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:01 AM   #13
Banned
monster38 is on a distinguished road
Name: Michael
monster38's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icewatersteam View Post
Pyrite Mica. Fremont... I think. Stoked about the bed extender. Thinking it will serve as a mileage extender, as well.
Fremont (NUMMI)??? Can't be. That factory is shut down. Its either coming from Tijuana or San Antonio (most likely).
Old 10-24-2011, 09:00 AM   #15
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icewatersteam View Post
I noticed the access cab 4 banger is around 500lbs. heavier than the reg cab. So, I figure 400lbs over stock bumper weight would be do-able.
I want to get a tonneau as well, but need to find one that won't interfere w/the supertop.
The difference is 290 lbs. Make sure you are comparing apples-to-apples (i.e. don't compare a 4x2 with 4x4). Weight makes a difference in city MPG, not so much highway MPG. Highway MPG is influenced by frontal area (truck height and tire width). Put a popular 3" lift and 285 tires on the truck and expect MPG to suffer a bit.

Weight in the back is preferable to weight in the front. Helps with traction and appearance. The stock truck has a bit of rake; more weight in the front will exasperate it.
Old 10-24-2011, 04:15 PM   #16
Comptroller

Yes, sir. I don't reckon on lifting it at all, just camping it out. Roger on Fremont. I was under the impression NUMMI closed, but Toyota still operated another factory, strictly Toyota. But I have no idea, to tell the truth. Was proud my '09 is(was) one of the last NUMMIs.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:18 AM   #19
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaBuzz View Post
Yep, the 2.7L won't disappoint!! You will love the MPG's. I once had a 4.0 L V6 Tacoma and I can honestly say that the 2.7 L is often overlooked and downplayed by the v6 guys. it really is one capable, powerful workhorse. true it's not as fast, but trucks aren't built to be race cars.
I never even considered the V6. I'm now on my 3rd & 4th 4Banger Toys.
I kept the 3rd so I wouldn't have to use the new one to cut & haul firewood.
'11 4x4 AC Taco & '95 2wd PreTaco