Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Regular cab bucket seats?

Old 11-07-2008, 10:14 AM   #1
stro1965 is on a distinguished road

Army: Infantry
stro1965's Tacoma Gallery
Regular cab bucket seats?

What bucket seats will bolt right in to my regular cab truck? I'm not liking the bench seat very much.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:17 AM   #2
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
The only bucket seats the somewhat *bolt right in* are ones from the same generation tacoma. Or seats off of summit that have a bracket for the tacoma.I custom made brackets for my 60/40 split bench that I had laying around
Old 11-07-2008, 04:22 PM   #3
EnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedEnolaGaia is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EnolaGaia's Tacoma Gallery
Higher-end aftermarket seats (e.g., Recaro, Corbeau) can be purchased with Tacoma-specific brackets / mounts from the vendor.

Or you can check with Wedge Engineering (Long Beach CA), who specialize in seat mounting brackets.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:13 PM   #4
Synapse is on a distinguished road

Synapse's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stro1965 View Post
What bucket seats will bolt right in to my regular cab truck? I'm not liking the bench seat very much.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ket-seats.html

Ive been wondering also
Old 11-10-2008, 08:10 PM   #5
350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

350TacoZilla's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 350TacoZilla
4 runner buckets may bolt in...not sure
Old 11-11-2008, 10:10 AM   #6
hashemg has a spectacular aura abouthashemg has a spectacular aura about

hashemg's Tacoma Gallery
Worst idea toyota ever thought of was getting rid of the bucket seats in an sr5 regular cab for 2009.

I love my bucket seats

Old 11-11-2008, 10:56 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashemg View Post
Worst idea toyota ever thought of was getting rid of the bucket seats in an sr5 regular cab for 2009.

I love my bucket seats

I'm new to Toyota. Are you saying that there were buckets available in a regular cab in '08? As far as I know, there were no changes and those would bolt right in (or be pretty close).
Old 11-11-2008, 11:04 AM   #8
hashemg has a spectacular aura abouthashemg has a spectacular aura about

hashemg's Tacoma Gallery
There was a big change on the reg cabs between the 08 and 09 model...and that is that reg cab will only come with a bench seat.

from 05-08....if you get the sr5 package on a reg cab..it would come with bucket seats

i should say from 1985-2008 because an SR5 usually meant bucket seats

Quote:
I'm new to Toyota. Are you saying that there were buckets available in a regular cab in '08? As far as I know, there were no changes and those would bolt right in (or be pretty close).
Old 11-11-2008, 12:01 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashemg View Post
There was a big change on the reg cabs between the 08 and 09 model...and that is that reg cab will only come with a bench seat.

from 05-08....if you get the sr5 package on a reg cab..it would come with bucket seats

i should say from 1985-2008 because an SR5 usually meant bucket seats
So they might fit pretty good then? I realize that the mounting holes probably won't line up.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:51 PM   #10
Synapse is on a distinguished road

Synapse's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes, I remember looking at a singlecab pre-run with buckets.
Old 11-11-2008, 04:06 PM   #11
350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed350TacoZilla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

350TacoZilla's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 350TacoZilla
my ex gf's 99 tacoma reg cab has buckets and center console in it... on my 96 and 97 the holes were there for buckets carpet just wasnt cut out around them
Old 12-25-2008, 11:41 AM   #12
JonO81 is on a distinguished road
JonO81's Tacoma Gallery
Thats a Good topic , because I feel the sameway!! I hate that bench seat!!! SO keep us updated so I know what i need to use when I switch mine out!!! tHANKS
Old 01-03-2009, 11:17 AM   #13

crazieN8's Tacoma Gallery
my 95 had a bench, i went down to pickNpull and sat in a couple dozen cars untill i found ones that were comfortable, ended up gettin a pair out of a brand new (totalled) pontiac, i had to make brackets all the way around. They do sit a little high so im going to look for another pair but it didnt take long to fab and you cant beat $35...
Old 01-03-2009, 11:26 AM   #14
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 350TacoZilla View Post
my ex gf's 99 tacoma reg cab has buckets and center console in it... on my 96 and 97 the holes were there for buckets carpet just wasnt cut out around them
My 96 Extended cab had the bench seat when I bought it. I put 95.5 tacoma bucket seats and the center console from the same vehicle.

The center console didn't have the same contour as the 'hump' in the floor. I was able to bolt it in, but it kinda rocked a bit. I didn't care....
The buckest RULED!!!

Sold the bench seat on ebay.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:39 PM   #15
biz_19 is on a distinguished road
biz_19's Tacoma Gallery
2001 Tacoma reg cab

Does anyone know what bucket seats may fit into a 2001 tacoma reg cab? I am looking to get rid of my bench seat and fit in buckets and a console. I've read through the previous threads and it seems it's possible to do in mid-90's models, I didn't see anything on early 2000 models.
Old 10-12-2009, 12:47 PM   #16
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by biz_19 View Post
Does anyone know what bucket seats may fit into a 2001 tacoma reg cab? I am looking to get rid of my bench seat and fit in buckets and a console. I've read through the previous threads and it seems it's possible to do in mid-90's models, I didn't see anything on early 2000 models.
Any bucket seats from 95.5 thru 2004 will bolt right in, no problems. I put buckets from a 2004 into my 97 and everything lined up perfect. All I had to change were the seatbelt recievers.
Old 10-12-2009, 05:09 PM   #17
biz_19 is on a distinguished road
biz_19's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtacomaguy View Post
Any bucket seats from 95.5 thru 2004 will bolt right in, no problems. I put buckets from a 2004 into my 97 and everything lined up perfect. All I had to change were the seatbelt recievers.
Thanks Dave! I'll look in to the buckets from those years.
Old 10-12-2009, 05:55 PM   #18
senile member
Tacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Ex Navy. subs
Tacoyota's Tacoma Gallery
DUHH! dang me !! I want to do a cover for the back area of my base/reg..... Think ill price an sr5 cab liner like in the photo. Wonder what the $$ is for that ... then bucket seats.
Old 10-14-2009, 03:05 AM   #20
My Truck is Cuter than Yours
Kelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shedKelson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelson
Kelson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad68 View Post
LOL I must be the only person who likes their bench seats.
nah i like it...not as supportive but the seating position is more comfortable imho...they sit a tad bit higher than the buckets.

whoever's in the passenger's seat however, hates the bench....lol

i sit pretty close up