Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

AFR or MAF calibrator

Old 11-07-2008, 02:42 PM   #1
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Willie
vtragweed's Tacoma Gallery
AFR or MAF calibrator

i was on URD's site today and looking to purchase one of these to help the power somewhat and i dont know which one to get, i know this sounds crazy but can someone please help me choose what i need
Old 11-07-2008, 02:51 PM   #2
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtragweed View Post
i was on URD's site today and looking to purchase one of these to help the power somewhat and i dont know which one to get, i know this sounds crazy but can someone please help me choose what i need
We need to get Gadget in here... I will PM him and ask him about it.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:33 PM   #3
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
sounds good. i would be interested to know about this as well for my 4 cyl
Old 11-07-2008, 03:39 PM   #4
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
For 1st Gen, its a MAF Calibrator hands down. Pretty sure it is the same for Gen 2 also
Old 11-07-2008, 03:43 PM   #5
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
what has to be done with this MAF calibrator im not exactly sure how this thing works
Old 11-07-2008, 03:46 PM   #6
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dually's Tacoma Gallery
You have to splice wires into your ecu. Then hook a laptop up and start tuning.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:48 PM   #7
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
If supercharged, you need the AFR calibrator. If NA, you need the MAF calibrator.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:49 PM   #8
Beef Slut

Firefighter:
what has to be done with this MAF calibrator im not exactly sure how this thing works
Old 11-07-2008, 03:49 PM   #9
Beef Slut

Firefighter:
are these simple to tune
Old 11-07-2008, 03:52 PM   #11
Low and slow

dually's Tacoma Gallery
That wont work. He has a 2.7 4cyl.
Old 11-07-2008, 03:55 PM   #12
Beef Slut

Firefighter:
i believe thats the one for 4.0 im trying to find the 2.7, thanks for the try though
Old 11-07-2008, 04:09 PM   #13
Beef Slut

Firefighter:
is there some kind of computer program you have to put on here to tune it
Old 11-07-2008, 04:10 PM   #14
Low and slow

dually's Tacoma Gallery
Yeh, it comes with the calibrator
Old 11-07-2008, 04:11 PM   #15
Beef Slut

Firefighter:
this should be interesting
Old 11-07-2008, 04:12 PM   #16
Low and slow

dually's Tacoma Gallery
do you even have any performance mods?
Old 11-07-2008, 04:17 PM   #17
Beef Slut

Firefighter:
exhaust, high flow filter w/secondary filter removed thats it
Old 11-07-2008, 04:18 PM   #18
Beef Slut

Firefighter:
i was wondering if i should get a CAI in place of high flow filter
Old 11-07-2008, 05:06 PM   #19
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtragweed View Post
i was wondering if i should get a CAI in place of high flow filter
Ok maybe I can help, somewhat...

I have Intake, Headers, Cat Back, Y-pipe. Puchased the MAF Cali for 229.00, came out to a little over 500.00 with plug and play harness. Did not want to Solder any wires. Yesterday I received my LM 2 scan tool w/wide band sensor. About 350.00 after I had some welding and an O2 bung welded to my header.

Point is if you are willing to spend the above said amount of cash, and put in some trial and error for tuning, which is layed out pretty easy per Gadgets PDF instructions: http://www.gadgetonline.com/U-Tune.pdf

then this mod is a good choice. If not keep it simple. As far as a Cold air intake, the stock intake is already designed that way. So unless, you are looking for a more agressive look and sound, I'd invest elsewhere for now.

By the way, I will post a before and after comparison of my tuning results, and let you all know how easy or not it really is. Tell you what, if I can get it done; there should be no doubt it's easy LOL!
Old 11-07-2008, 05:42 PM   #20
Beef Slut

Firefighter:
do i really need the scan tool and bung