1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

1st Gen, 4cyl aftermarket Diff lockers?

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by Corey T, Oct 28, 2011.

1. Oct 28, 2011 at 2:31 PM
    Corey T

Corey T [OP] That guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    Pauper's Drop
    So I love my 2.7L 2003 Prerunner, I just have the sole misfortune of running an open diff in the rear. I would really like a selectable locker if possible. I've done some shopping, and I got 3 options from the shops in the area.
    1. ARB Air Locker. More than 2K installed, compressor is extra, too high end for me.
    2. Eaton auto locker. Total locker, but will eat up tires on slower turns from a stop, and not selectable.
    3. Eaton LSD. Best of the 3 for me, not a total locker, but I'm mostly on-road anyway. Not selectable though, of course.

So what I'm getting at is this. Does anyone know of any other diff upgrades, preferably selectable, for a 1st gen 4cylinder?

2. Oct 28, 2011 at 4:49 PM
    Corey T

Corey T [OP] That guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    Pauper's Drop
    Snow and foul weather in the hills. I know a LSD would seem like an obvious choice, but i'm wondering about selectable types.
    ...and not yet. I'm checking the links now. Thanks for those.

3. Oct 28, 2011 at 4:58 PM
    Corey T

Corey T [OP] That guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Corey
    Pauper's Drop
    Thanks for the links, unfortunitly no matches for my application it looks like. And no hits it looks like for selectable lockers anywhere, except the top dollar ARB. I'm starting to lean towards settling for the Eaton LSD. Selectable anything is kind of just lots of extra points for me.

Products Discussed in

To Top