Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Cold Starts

Old 11-09-2011, 04:35 PM   #1
Redneck Ron is on a distinguished road

Name: Ron
Redneck Ron's Tacoma Gallery
Question Cold Starts

Hey guys. I was wondering whats the coldest you ever started your 4 cylinder. I havent had mine long enough to see real cold as i got it last week. Im asking brcause i go up fishing every january for steel head in upstate ny. it has been as cold as -17 when im up there. The v8 f150 had no problem will the tacoma. My truck is a base model 2012 2wd 2.7 4 cylinder.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:51 PM   #2
vstrom is on a distinguished road
vstrom's Tacoma Gallery
Cold soaked at -40.

She wasn't happy.. and I'm sure it wasn't good for her, but she did start.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:03 PM   #3
tacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomathom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, Cutterman
Name: Tom
tacomathom's Tacoma Gallery
So far the coldest I've seen is +18F and the valves were clacking for a minute or so, but otherwise no problems. Just scraped the windshield & headed off.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:06 PM   #4
Big things have small beginnings
staticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Commo: You can talk about us, but you can't talk without us!
Name: Steve
staticsquelch's Tacoma Gallery
-10 in Germany, almost everyday during winter months, for two years. No issues.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:18 PM   #5
Alaskan Assassin
907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed907taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bobby
907taco's Tacoma Gallery
second winter with my truck, last winter minus 20's with no block heater> no real problems although i am contemplating a block heater soon. I am going to see how the optima holds up. i might just get the magnetic oil pan heater as i have plans to move to florida so i might not want the block heater. you should be fine with those temps.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:20 PM   #6
Redneck Ron is on a distinguished road

Name: Ron
Redneck Ron's Tacoma Gallery
-40 dam thats cold. Well atleast i know now my truck will start in that cold of weather.