Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Perhaps a fuel problem?

Old 11-11-2011, 09:41 PM   #1
Scott Woolf is on a distinguished road
Name: Scotty
Scott Woolf's Tacoma Gallery
Perhaps a fuel problem?

I was recently driving my 98 4cyl tacoma home when all the sudden it started acting like it was stalling and throwing me back and forth as I drove down the street. Also the lights and gadgets in the cab were dimming and brightening as it did this. I got a couple miles while it was doing this with a few complete stalls then it stalled and would no longer go. I can start it, and it will run for a minute or so and then die. It will not drive whatsoever. I already checked the alternator and it is fine. I think it may be a fuel issue.

So first off does anyone know how and where to access the fuel line so to test the fuel pressure in this model of Tacoma? I see one tube coming out of the front of the fuel rail, but I was having a hard time loosening it, and I did not want to tear it. I was having a hard time seeing things at the back of the fuel rail. Does anyone know just where it is, and if there is a valve or if I have to detach a tube to test the pressure?

Thanks.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:43 PM   #2
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
You have to disconnect the line to test the fuel pressure.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:49 PM   #3
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery