Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

LCE 2.7 Header Install

Old 11-12-2011, 07:05 PM   #1
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
LCE 2.7 Header Install

Had the pleasure of installing an LCE header on my 2.7 reg cab today. Scored from member here. Thanks again. Anyway, soaked the bolts and removed the complete air box & plenum to make room. Figured the extra time to remove some extra stuff would make things go easier. Also loosened up AC line brackets....

The goods...

disassembly....

All out......

Went back together all nicelike...not a scratch, busted knuckle, rounded bolt/nut, or stripped anything.......

Looking forward to the ecu getting past the drive cycle and settle in. Redisabled the seat belt chime, went for test drive, all good no leaks, idles 600 rpm then 700 when AC compressor runs. Hoping for a coupla more mpgs. No louder than stock. Also put a clean K&N drop-in in while the aFe dry flow gets a bath and dries.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:14 PM   #2
toycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoycar18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
toycar18's Tacoma Gallery
Adding a Cold Air Intake will increase power a bunch.

I have had the LCE header and intake for 5 years and love it.
Old 11-13-2011, 04:19 AM   #3
Tepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: NY STATE POLICE-Investigator (RET)
Name: Ted
Tepidy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toycar18 View Post
Adding a Cold Air Intake will increase power a bunch.

I have had the LCE header and intake for 5 years and love it.
He already has a Cold Air Intake (stock intake) Just remove the secondary air filter and the resonator and replace the filter with a afe pro dry.
Old 11-13-2011, 06:58 AM   #4
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I already have the secondary pulled and have a dirty aFe that got replaced with the K&N that I also had until I clean & dry the aFe. Just haven't pulled the resonator. Also have a line on a K&N series 63 intake. Hopefully that will play out pretty soon as well.
Old 11-13-2011, 07:42 AM   #5
Tepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: NY STATE POLICE-Investigator (RET)
Name: Ted
Tepidy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
I already have the secondary pulled and have a dirty aFe that got replaced with the K&N that I also had until I clean & dry the aFe. Just haven't pulled the resonator. Also have a line on a K&N series 63 intake. Hopefully that will play out pretty soon as well.
I would not expect much from an aftermarket cai. They look cool as hell and they sound great although many times they will make you loose power. Just my two cents. If you want a great boost in acceration and power Re-Gear
Old 11-13-2011, 11:03 AM   #6
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tepidy View Post
I would not expect much from an aftermarket cai. They look cool as hell and they sound great although many times they will make you loose power. Just my two cents. If you want a great boost in acceration and power Re-Gear
Old 11-13-2011, 11:11 AM   #7
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Been thru this on other vehicles guys. I really don't see the K&N intake being bargain enough to not just remove resonator and stay with K&N/aFe drop-ins. I honestly would only be interested in a smoother pipe to go from plenum to airbox vs. the accordion that is there. I know it needs movement but still could be smoother for flow IMO. Tires are only 30" and will not be regearing. It's a daily driver prerunner plaything.
Old 11-13-2011, 04:32 PM   #8
eeberleeber has much to be proud ofeeberleeber has much to be proud ofeeberleeber has much to be proud ofeeberleeber has much to be proud ofeeberleeber has much to be proud ofeeberleeber has much to be proud ofeeberleeber has much to be proud ofeeberleeber has much to be proud ofeeberleeber has much to be proud of
eeberleeber's Tacoma Gallery
that's one clean 2.7l! notice any gains in regard to low rpm pull?
Old 11-13-2011, 05:55 PM   #9
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeberleeber View Post
that's one clean 2.7l! notice any gains in regard to low rpm pull?
Thanks. Not sure really on the low end, butt dyno may be on the fritz. It still probably hasn't finished it drive cycle after having battery undone. I have only gone on a coupla test drives around the neighborhood and another awhile ago to recycle 3 gallons of motor oil after doing wife's car, my car & this afternoon the truck's oil. Does seem to go easier and smoother especially after the oil change. Doesn't seem to need as much pedal to go. Tried to get some fresh plugs at 2 different places but no luck, one place had 2 denso iridiums and other had none. Not puttin anything else in it except factory spec denso iridiums. May go ahead and pull the resonator from the fender well whenever I do the plugs and just leave it alone and drive it.....after I do the URD short shifter kit that's hangin out in a drawer in the tool box....and the cb......and the hitch since I left that on the 05......yeah, I'll never be done so scratch that. There's always somethin to do, lol.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:36 AM   #10
dustball is on a distinguished road
dustball's Tacoma Gallery
am going to pull my secondary filter as soon as my AFE comes in. Where and what is this resonator?
Old 12-01-2011, 09:53 AM   #11
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Big ole plastic box inside the passenger side fender. You have to pull the fender liner to get to it. You can also see where the filter box connects to it thru hole in engine compartment behind passenger headlight.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:22 PM   #12
tacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alex
tacomalex's Tacoma Gallery
I'm putting my LCE Headers on right now So far the install seems pretty straightforward. Having a write up always keep me a bit more confident when I install new things on my truck, so thanks for this

You said the sound didn't change? I have a Volant CAI so mine might play out different. Any updates from the butt dyno?
Old 01-11-2012, 01:55 AM   #13
671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

671taco's Tacoma Gallery
stock muffler? how does it sound?
Old 01-11-2012, 04:25 AM   #14
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sounds almost no different. With the back window open you can tell and when it's backed into the garage you can definitely hear the low throatier sound just off idle if you tap the pedal barely. It would speak up with a catback I'm sure.