Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

should I stuff 35's or stick with 33's?

Old 11-12-2011, 07:53 PM   #1
Master Jedi Member I am...
chad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chad
chad68's Tacoma Gallery
should I stuff 35's or stick with 33's?

I'm kinda torn...

I've found a good deal on Mud Grapplers in either 305/70/16 (33's) or 315/75/16's (35's). Not tax or shipping, plus a low price to boot.

I want to buy either size and put them away because by the end of next year I will be replacing my 305/70/16 Kumho MT's I have on now, because they will be worn enough by then.

The Kumho's are awesome but I want something different this time, louder and more shitty/truck like (I'm being serious here).

I'm on 3" lift (coilovers) and I have never hit the body mount but of course that would change with 35's and I will chop and probablly plate the body mounts. If I do 35's I am going with 3:88 gears. My truck will be paid off at the end of next year (over a year early) and I will drive around with stock gears for a couple months, no biggie.

For front fenders, what I'm planing on 'trying' is getting 2WD Tacoma fenders and cutting them out larger, so they would be similar to fiberglass, without the fiberglass mail order, fit bad, no place for antenna BS. By using the 2WD fenders, I don't have to deal with the squares holes left behind from the flares the 4x4 and pre's have. The rear fenders I would leave stock. I think I can shave enough off the flares to make it work without removing them.

I don't wheel the crap out of it but mud the crap out of it.

Or I could make my life easier and just stay with 33's but where's the adventure in that?
Old 11-12-2011, 07:57 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
All the 35s on 3" I've seen have aftermarket front bumpers.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:11 PM   #3
Master Jedi Member I am...
chad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chad
chad68's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
All the 35s on 3" I've seen have aftermarket front bumpers.

I 'think' I can make the factory bumper and 2WD fenders work but I have to take it apart and see what exactly all the differences are between the two fender styles. If I can't make them work, then I will go that route.

I know Nittos run big but judging by the room/lack of/etc. I have now, I 'might' be able to use the stock fenders with the flares, without hacking the crap out of them and maintain a factory look..
Old 11-13-2011, 04:08 AM   #7
MMMMM Taco's
Taco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco-NB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Taco-NB's Tacoma Gallery
33's
Old 11-15-2011, 08:42 PM   #9
Street glide or die
yotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
yotamikez's Tacoma Gallery
Throw on some 37"s.
Old 11-15-2011, 08:44 PM   #11
Banned
IndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndianTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
IndianTaco's Tacoma Gallery
35s
Old 11-15-2011, 09:14 PM   #13
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
stick w/ 33's...go bigger, you get more problems.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:19 PM   #15
I think I'm getting the Fear.
MY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shedMY50cal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53-E Crewchief/Mechanic, HMH-464
Name: Mojo
MY50cal's Tacoma Gallery
33's, less problems and you wont lose all your stopping power
Old 11-15-2011, 09:30 PM   #16
GatorComa has a spectacular aura aboutGatorComa has a spectacular aura aboutGatorComa has a spectacular aura about

Name: Robby
GatorComa's Tacoma Gallery
Stuff the 35s. I'm planning on doing it eventually. I think with some chopping they will fit in there (especially with the 2wd fenders, etc) and look BADASS! They probably won't fully stuff, but it sounds like you're like me... I do more mudding type offroad than really flexing my truck out, so I don't have as much of a need to fully stuff those tires all the time. The one thing I would say though is going with a skinnier 35 would probably help you out (I would think). I really like the look of a 35x10.50, but that's just my preference. Good luck!
Old 11-17-2011, 09:51 AM   #18
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
The larger your tires, the more stress you add to your suspension and wheel components. For DD and just looks 35's would be fine. For offroading, you want the lightest functional wheel tire combo for max clearance and wheel travel.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:04 PM   #19
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
35's!
Old 11-17-2011, 12:06 PM   #20
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Mud grapplers run bigger than they claim.