LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Lifting the 4 cylinder

Old 11-14-2011, 10:56 AM   #1
alexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud of
Name: Eric
alexander323bc's Tacoma Gallery
Lifting the 4 cylinder

I did search this but couldn't find the exact answer I was looking for. Because of the weight difference between the 4 cylinder and V6 does is there a lift that is actually better for the truck because of the difference? I had read all the info about about OME VS ULTIMATE but all those guys seem to be running the V6. Just want to make sure I dont get coils that are to heavy for the truck if I got ome This may sound silly but just want to cover my ass.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:59 AM   #2
YellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

YellowDog01's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander323bc View Post
I did search this but couldn't find the exact answer I was looking for. Because of the weight difference between the 4 cylinder and V6 does is there a lift that is actually better for the truck because of the difference? I had read all the info about about OME VS ULTIMATE but all those guys seem to be running the V6. Just want to make sure I dont get coils that are to heavy for the truck if I got ome This may sound silly but just want to cover my ass.

You can choose which OME springs you want to get. I have a 1st gen. and I have 881 coils from OME. For your truck, you should look into the 884s. You might get a more stiff ride without the extra weight of the v6 but it shouldn't be too bad if you pick the right coils. Are you 4x4?

It all depends on how much lift you actually want. If it were me, I'd look into the 884s. You won't be disappointed with Old Man Emu
Old 11-14-2011, 11:00 AM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Any lift is bad for any truck when you think about it.

If you are 5 lug then you are limited in what you can do. Spacer lift and LT(not a lift) are your choices. There is also a body lift option but body lifts and spacers are crap.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:07 AM   #4
alexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud ofalexander323bc has much to be proud of
I have a 4x4 4cylinder 2011 Ya I am looking at EMU just for the cost difference. I dont think the ride quality would be much different. Just want a lift that will let me do some offroading now and again with a solid 3 inch lift. I saw posts in here it seemed like people got some wrong coils and due the weight the front of the truck was lifted. Just trying to make sure this doesn't happen to me.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:11 AM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Well since you have a 4 banger I believe the lightest coils will be fine for you but I'm not sure.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:12 AM   #6
YellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Check out Moose's regular cab. He has 885s I believe

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...ines-pics.html
Old 11-14-2011, 11:44 AM   #7
Whipper yes the 884 are the lightest coils. Yellow i like at his post he did a good job! thanks for the info and answering the question. Toytec doesnt have a weight advantage compared to EMU apparently thanks for all the help guys. Do you guys know if I need longer break lines? I just read he put them in his lift.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:49 AM   #8
Banned
No brake lines since you are not changing the amount of travel of the suspension.

live via
Old 11-14-2011, 11:51 AM   #9
Captain
Juggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Juggernaut's Tacoma Gallery
883's will fit too, but provide less lift.
Old 11-14-2011, 11:59 AM   #10
Ya i spelled brake wrong. Thanks for all the help guys you answered all my questions. best forum on the planet!!!!!
Old 11-14-2011, 12:06 PM   #11
tacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alex
tacomalex's Tacoma Gallery
I have the OME lift on my I4 access cab. The weight of the coils didn't affect anything really. It's the bigger heavier tires that will change things.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:26 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
No brake lines since you are not changing the amount of travel of the suspension.

live via

I put extended brake lines on my truck...Might not be a bad idea if you are flexing the rear.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:31 PM   #13
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
OME 885s & Dakars on my '11 4Banger Access Cab. 3" lift front & rear. Trim packer but no spacers. Rides great on & off road.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:16 PM   #14
Tepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: NY STATE POLICE-Investigator (RET)
Name: Ted
Tepidy's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 2.7ltr and intalled the toytec ultimate lift. IMO its a perfect lift for the truck. Not too harsh not too soft. Great off road. Only thing is if youre going to go this route and want to do it right the first time then purchase after market UCA's.

Old 11-15-2011, 04:31 AM   #15
Tepidy on the toytec site you can get the light racing uca with that lift. Is that what you are running?
Old 11-15-2011, 10:24 AM   #16
Gun Toting Gearhead
0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed0uTkAsT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
0uTkAsT's Tacoma Gallery
The LR UCAs will work fine.

I opted to stick with a 2.5" lift in the front to avoid needing adjustable UCAs and brake lines by using Eibach coils and 5100s set at .85". I have 5100s and a Deaver high arch AAL in the back for 3" lift. The truck sits pretty level, I'm running 33x11.5" Mud Terrains with no rub even at full stuff / full droop, have a decently compliant ride in town, and plenty of travel without the sway bar. It doesn't do so well wash running but that's not going to be an issue for you in NY.

Old 11-15-2011, 10:55 AM   #17
OUTKAST I am exactly sure what wash running is so i am pretty sure it wont effect me hahaha. Thanks for all info glad you put the numbers in there for detail really helps out! thanks man
Old 11-15-2011, 11:44 AM   #18
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
If I had it to do over OME on the reg cab, and I wanted full 3" lift, I'd go 884 springs with 1/2" top plate spacer instead of 885 springs.

That would trade a little less up travel for a little more down travel, once you went to an aftermarket UCA.

That suspension is designed to carry weight. You'll like the ride better if you add weight to the truck.

I've probably added 400lbs in tools, gas cans, sliders, winch, receiver mounts, etc...

Still rides firm. No one would mistake it for plush.
Old 11-15-2011, 11:57 AM   #19
Tepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shedTepidy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: NY STATE POLICE-Investigator (RET)
Name: Ted
Tepidy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander323bc View Post
Tepidy on the toytec site you can get the light racing uca with that lift. Is that what you are running?
Yes you can use Light racing although I went with the UCA's designed by Down South Motorsports, they are made by desert products and are rock solid. Give Sonny a call at DSM and he will hook you up.