Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

CALIFORNIANS - 2nd air filter

Old 11-17-2011, 04:07 AM   #1
xENSLAVE is on a distinguished road

Name: Perry
xENSLAVE's Tacoma Gallery
CALIFORNIANS - 2nd air filter

With California having strict air regulations, has anybody from here had any repercussions from removing their secondary air filter?? I'm planning on removing mine and am inquiring on what to expect when it comes time to smog it and how hard would it be to put back in (if deemed necessary)
Old 11-17-2011, 09:43 AM   #2
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
What filter are you speaking of?
Old 11-17-2011, 09:46 AM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Plenty of people in CA have. CA only does visual inspections now for newer vehicles but the don't open intakes. Take it out and don't think twice about it.

live via
Old 11-17-2011, 09:48 AM   #4
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Plenty out people in CA have. CA only does visual inspections now for newer vehicles but the don't open intakes. Take it out and don't think twice about it.

live via
Beat me to it lol...^this
Old 11-17-2011, 11:33 AM   #5
Landscape Photographer
harleyg has a spectacular aura aboutharleyg has a spectacular aura aboutharleyg has a spectacular aura about

Name: Harley
harleyg's Tacoma Gallery
If you do remove it, please post the results, i.e. did you get a noticeable improvement in MPG.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:39 AM   #6
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyg View Post
If you do remove it, please post the results, i.e. did you get a noticeable improvement in MPG.
The 4 bangers benefit from removal but MPG isn't one of them or the change is too small to make a difference.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:36 AM   #7
xENSLAVE is on a distinguished road

Name: Perry
xENSLAVE's Tacoma Gallery
I'm gonna take the dancing weenie's advice. I'll prolly take it out over thanksgiving vacation. I hope I don't screw it up.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:53 PM   #8
patpatpat has a spectacular aura aboutpatpatpat has a spectacular aura aboutpatpatpat has a spectacular aura about
patpatpat's Tacoma Gallery
where is it in the engine bay?
Old 11-22-2011, 09:13 PM   #9
blatant is on a distinguished road
blatant's Tacoma Gallery
take it out, don't over complicate it. mine came out with a needle nose pliers. they're fairly brittle. just pinch and tweak, and out it'll come and it'll barely be noticable that it was once there
Old 11-27-2011, 08:42 PM   #10
emacpgh will become famous soon enough

Name: eric
emacpgh's Tacoma Gallery
I noticed a change in power when I removed mine. Also put in the pro dry s filter at the same time, so it was prob a combo of both factors. I put the OEM filter back in when cleaning the pro dry, it feels very choked off compared to the pro dry. Pro dry is best bang for the buck in my opinion. Been using it for for over 40k miles now.