Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

2.7l TRD It does exist!

Old 12-08-2011, 10:03 AM   #21
too old is on a distinguished road
too old's Tacoma Gallery
JMHO, but why bother with the 2.7L? My GF's V6 2WD 4Runner gets better mileage than my 2WD 2.7L Tacoma double cab!

My Tacoma has the automatic with a 3.73 open differential.

Also, lots of other 2.7L owners have a strange cold start up noise. I also have the same issue and have been trying to figure it out for a couple of years now. It doesn't seem to affect the motor, just annoying.

I guess it is possible. I once bought a brand new Camaro with the Z28 package and a plain Jane body.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:07 AM   #22
facemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shedfacemob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chase
facemob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Specalt View Post
It also says it is a 4 spd auto in the add.. It is odd to have a 5 speed trans gear shift sticking out of the floor in the pics. I think he should have it looked at. That truck is a tranformer

Good eye. There are some holes in this
Old 12-08-2011, 10:16 AM   #23
TacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jackson
TacomaJack09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by too old View Post
JMHO, but why bother with the 2.7L? My GF's V6 2WD 4Runner gets better mileage than my 2WD 2.7L Tacoma double cab!

My Tacoma has the automatic with a 3.73 open differential.

Also, lots of other 2.7L owners have a strange cold start up noise. I also have the same issue and have been trying to figure it out for a couple of years now. It doesn't seem to affect the motor, just annoying.

I guess it is possible. I once bought a brand new Camaro with the Z28 package and a plain Jane body.
I was just curious about the truck, I'm not dead set on getting a 2.7l. I just thought a found a rare gem and thought I would post it. I'm just looking for TRD tacomas within 2001 - 2004 and came acrossed this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by facemob View Post
Good eye. There are some holes in this
True, the actual Ad is wrong on a few details, but the pics and Factory spec sheet seem in line.

As for it being a "big deal" its just very unheard of a 2.7l having a TRD package with a locking Diff straight from the dealership i guess.
Old 12-08-2011, 10:18 AM   #24
aznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shedaznutx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

aznutx's Tacoma Gallery
bigger question is it's a 2001, if it's retailed more than a year , is it new? or used cus 22k+ aint cheap

edit: never mind i didnt click the link., i'd buy it if a tiny bit cheaper
Old 12-09-2011, 04:03 AM   #25
ecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shedecoterragaia is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ecoterragaia's Tacoma Gallery
This might help:

http://www.decodethis.com/Default.as...WM72N31Z720314
Old 12-09-2011, 10:08 AM   #26
too old is on a distinguished road
too old's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Heretic View Post
the engine will idle higher until it has reached a certain temperature, you might be hearing noises from the engine at higher RPMs that would usually be lost with road noise.
Not to hijack this thread, but I do have another thread about my situation:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...ans-noise.html

The noise is sometimes very loud and sometimes just a slight ticking.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:51 PM   #27
Understand the Voice Within
91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold91r100gs is a splendid one to behold

Name: Dan
91r100gs's Tacoma Gallery

Sort of a low price for a V6
Old 12-09-2011, 03:20 PM   #28
TW's Official anti body-lift pundit
TacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoMX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Jonathan
TacoMX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaJack09 View Post
http://www.trdoffroad.com/articles/pdf/01_tacoma.pdf

According to this PDF, the 3.42 is used in the manuals and 4.10 was used in automatics for the 4cy

v6 has 3.91 for both manual and auto....
my 1997 2.7L 5-speed 4wd has 4.10's

And guys, anything is possible if someone special ordered what they wanted from Toyota. I had a buddy that special ordered a 2.7L 5-speed in a double cab w/ a locker....wish I knew what happened to that truck....that was years ago.
Old 12-09-2011, 03:25 PM   #29
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaJack09 View Post
http://www.trdoffroad.com/articles/pdf/01_tacoma.pdf

According to this PDF, the 3.42 is used in the manuals and 4.10 was used in automatics for the 4cy

v6 has 3.91 for both manual and auto....
My v6 5 speed has 4.10's. It is not TRD though.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:52 AM   #30
MrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to behold

Name: Angie
MrsPib's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45acp View Post
IIRC, V6 TRDs have 4.10 ratios...

3.42 seems kinda low? My 2.7L 4x4 has 4.30s...
factory 4.0L TRD O/R has 3.73, factory 2.7L has 4.10. 3.42 would be goofy-low on either vehicle, IMO.

This is for 2nd gen however, which may make this moot. Gear ratios for 2nd gen are the same whether it's auto or standard.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:20 PM   #31
Fly rod in one hand, hockey stick in the other
fgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfgcutaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
fgcutaco's Tacoma Gallery
So I've just read through all the posts in this thread... Has the jury reached a verdict? What's the call? Engine pics?
Old 02-03-2013, 10:35 AM   #32
alwaysfaded is on a distinguished road

Name: Adam
alwaysfaded's Tacoma Gallery
What ever happened to this?