Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

MPG Hauling my quad and dirtbike 400 miles

Old 12-12-2011, 03:39 AM   #1
taco king
snoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shed
snoozeworm's Tacoma Gallery
MPG Hauling my quad and dirtbike 400 miles

I am leaving here in an hour or so for a 400+ mile round trip. The truck will have me (230 lbs) my wife (120 lbs) my honda rancher (550 lbs) and her crf70 dirtbike (140 lbs) and a bunch of straps, clothes, cooler, and other stuff.

I will be driving at 63 mph the entire time
(my speedo is off by 3 so when it sais 60 im actually at 63)

This will be my first trip since i had my flowmaster muffler welded on and the k&N filter put in. I'm running 285/70/17's (basically 33's) on my 5 speed single cab 2004 tacoma.

I am shooting for a minimum of 23 mpg, ill update this tomorrow night when i am home.

Old 12-12-2011, 04:09 AM   #2
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck snooze and have fun.

I wish I was getting 23 with just my fat ass in it!
Old 12-12-2011, 08:10 AM   #3
A-TRAC Equipped
speedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
speedydave's Tacoma Gallery
Good luck, I got 15-17mpg towing my trailer w/4 wheeler to WV for my hunting trip.
Old 12-13-2011, 02:25 PM   #4
taco king
snoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnoozeworm is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Well the mpg was not as good as expected, and when i post some pics of the truck all loaded up you will see why!.It was packed full! I also gave up driving slow and did 65-70 for the most of the way. I got a hair over 19mpg round trip and i am pleased with that considering the way i drove and the amount of stuff in the truck.

BTW It gets 24.5 empty on the highway and 21 city with me driving. I am usually a very conservative driver
Old 12-13-2011, 02:27 PM   #5
Atomic Punk
Apple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud ofApple X C0re has much to be proud of

Name: Josh
Apple X C0re's Tacoma Gallery
I get 18-19 when I'm hauling or towing heavy stuff.
Old 12-13-2011, 02:30 PM   #6
taco king

Old 12-16-2011, 06:35 AM   #7
A-TRAC Equipped
speedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
speedydave's Tacoma Gallery
So, how did you do?
Old 12-16-2011, 05:43 PM   #8
taco king
19 mpg lol