Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

clicking from engine

Old 12-12-2011, 03:35 PM   #1
We can't stop here, this is bat country.
dayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
dayNnite4's Tacoma Gallery
clicking from engine

today was the first time in a while that ive been outside my truck with the engine running and i noticed a clicking noise. it sounds like its coming from the block. its a light, high frequency clicking that im thinking might something involving the valves/lifters/camshaft. it just went in for its 5k mile oil change on sat so idk if i should see if it gets worse or take it in now.. wat do u guys think about it? thanks
Old 12-12-2011, 03:37 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
You ate probably hearing the injectors.

live via
Old 12-12-2011, 03:41 PM   #4
DrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DrewH's Tacoma Gallery
Yup... the Tacoma Tick, it's normal, get use to it cause it doesn't go away.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:42 PM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewH View Post
Yup... the Tacoma Tick, it's normal, get use to it cause it doesn't go away.
The Taco tick is mostly on the V6. OP has a 4 banger.

live via
Old 12-12-2011, 03:44 PM   #6
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post

live via
Exactly, my 4banger ticked, but it wasn't nearly as loud as my V6.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:44 PM   #7
DrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewH is one of the sharper tools in the shed
DrewH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post

live via
Shit, didn't even notice he was a 4 banger..... mine sounds like its got a sewing machine under the hood.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:48 PM   #8
Banned
Quote:
Shit, didn't even notice he was a 4 banger..... mine sounds like its got a sewing machine under the hood.
Lol. I'm sewing as I drive. Lol. My friends are surprised about all the noise too.

live via
Old 12-12-2011, 04:13 PM   #9
We can't stop here, this is bat country.
dayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddayNnite4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
dayNnite4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
haha thats exactly wat it sounds like!!! thanks for all the help. i didnt think i noticed it ever b4 but then again its not that often that im outside the truck while its running
Old 12-12-2011, 04:15 PM   #10
brett1586 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brett
brett1586's Tacoma Gallery
Haha I was coming on here to to a search about a click from my block and saw this in the new threads! Thanks!
Old 12-13-2011, 03:50 AM   #11
jsutter has a spectacular aura aboutjsutter has a spectacular aura about
Name: Jim
jsutter's Tacoma Gallery
I get the same sound at acceleration during warmup in cold weather. I goes away by the time I get out of my neighborhood.