Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Purchasing soon, let me know what you think

Old 03-27-2012, 10:35 PM   #41
steffy is on a distinguished road
Name: steffy
steffy's Tacoma Gallery
I'm wanting to purchase a 2012 Prerunner, 2WD access cab, 4 cyl, automatic. None have been shipped into my state, and I'm unable to go out of state to purchase. None of my local dealers are interested in helping me except for one who said they "might" be able to do a dealer trade but that I might have a long wait. Do many dealers do "out of state trades," and if so, how much extra shuld I expect to pay?
Old 03-28-2012, 05:43 AM   #42
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed

worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steffy View Post
I'm wanting to purchase a 2012 Prerunner, 2WD access cab, 4 cyl, automatic. None have been shipped into my state, and I'm unable to go out of state to purchase. None of my local dealers are interested in helping me except for one who said they "might" be able to do a dealer trade but that I might have a long wait. Do many dealers do "out of state trades," and if so, how much extra shuld I expect to pay?
Dealers trade all the time, no bid deal, that's how I got my 5-lug and I paid $200 over invoice.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:15 AM   #43
19thHole is on a distinguished road

19thHole's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steffy View Post
My experience was such that I bought at a dealer in Fayetteville, AR and actually sourced the vehicle from Jackson, MS. Granted, I wound up purchasing from a dealer that was a part of a gigantic network of dealers (Penske).

Otherwise them finding the vehicle should not add extra value, it is just more of a hassle for them to call around and check. You can do it for yourself actually by simply going to each dealers site, saying they have this truck, and telling your dealer you would rather buy from them. This is how my girlfriend did it when she bought from a family dealership for her '11 Jeep Cherokee.

Edit: I should also say that she bought from Dallas, TX and sourced hers from Oklahoma City, OK.