1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

P0100 and p0110 code with no cell

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by Stout890, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Dec 18, 2011 at 3:16 PM
    Stout890

Stout890 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Palmdale ca
    Vehicle:
    99 prerunner sr5
    10" sub, OME881 on Bilstein's, 3" all-pro leaf springs with billies in the back, JBA UCA's, bed cover with custom LED lighting, k&n intake and DT headers, OEM E-locker in the rear. 32" BFG KO2 on steel D window wheels, suicide knob. rebuilt 3RZ w/ stage 1 cam and balance shaft delete . big 3 mod, all new suspension and body mount bushings. cat back magnaflow exhaust.
    So I got my scan gauge today as an early Christmas gift from the girl friend and I got it all hooked up nice and found out I have a p0100 and p0110 code. The p0110 is a bad IAT sensor and the p0100 is a mass airflow malfunction. I don't have a cel popping up and truck runs fine except iv always felt it lacks power and it has bad mpg. I get about 15.4 mpg regularly. It's a 99 automatic with the 3rz
    Anyone had this symptom and fixed it? Or anyone have ideas as I'll be trouble shooting it. Thanks

2. Dec 18, 2011 at 4:20 PM
    AlaskanTaco

AlaskanTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Anchorage Alaska
    Vehicle:
    09 sr5 acc cab tacoma
    Sounds like it was unplugged at one point and someone started the vehicle. Make sure it is plugged in, clear the code, and if it comes back, then deal with it. EVERyONE has horrible mpg because of winter gas. That's all

3. Dec 18, 2011 at 5:27 PM
    Stout890

Stout890 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Palmdale ca
    Vehicle:
    99 prerunner sr5
    10" sub, OME881 on Bilstein's, 3" all-pro leaf springs with billies in the back, JBA UCA's, bed cover with custom LED lighting, k&n intake and DT headers, OEM E-locker in the rear. 32" BFG KO2 on steel D window wheels, suicide knob. rebuilt 3RZ w/ stage 1 cam and balance shaft delete . big 3 mod, all new suspension and body mount bushings. cat back magnaflow exhaust.
    no my gas is always horrible lol and so cal doesn't get winter gas mixes im pretty sure.

but yes i did recently unplug and clean the maf but i didnt start the vehicle but i reset the codes and drove a quarter tank of gas so far and no code again...so i will drive for another few days and update this thread with what happens

but in the meantime what would the bad inlet air temp code be cause from? or is that sensor built into the MAF also?

4. Dec 18, 2011 at 5:57 PM
    AlaskanTaco

Member:
    Anchorage Alaska
    Vehicle:
    09 sr5 acc cab tacoma
    If you look at your mac sensor, it is a 5 wire. 3 for maf (power ground and low ref) and 2 for iat. (power low reference). They should be built into each other.

5. Dec 19, 2011 at 10:44 AM
    AlaskanTaco

Member:
    Anchorage Alaska
    Vehicle:
    09 sr5 acc cab tacoma
    *maf. Damn iPhones.

6. Dec 29, 2011 at 4:44 AM
    SandStorm

SandStorm New Member

Member:
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    97 Taco 4x4 3RZ
    Hooptie Status
    I had the same codes on my '97 with no CEL.

Turns out I had some damaged wires between the MAF/IAT and the main engine harness. PO had a ghetto intake system that I was replacing and I found the wires melted from being too close to the exhaust manifold (which was cracked and didn't have a heat shield). The engine ran like crap when it was warm due to the adjusted timing and fuel pressure from the ECM not having the correct MAF/IAT readings. After the wires were repaired it runs smooth as hell, warm or cold.

You might try cleaning the MAF assy first and then checking continuity of the wiring from the MAF connector to ECM.

Products Discussed in

To Top