The 2.7L Single Cab Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-19-2013, 01:58 PM   #2561
RSMick is on a distinguished road
Name: Mick
RSMick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacokid09 View Post
i know your 09 had a bench, what about the 12s?
The '12 has buckets because I bought the automatic trans. Two of the big reasons I traded the "09 for the '12. The last one was MGM too. Some people didn't even know they were different trucks.
Old 06-19-2013, 02:01 PM   #2562
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blang
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSMick View Post
The '12 has buckets because I bought the automatic trans. Two of the big reasons I traded the "09 for the '12. The last one was MGM too. Some people didn't even know they were different trucks.
yeah, i cant wait to get the bench outta mine.
Old 06-19-2013, 02:03 PM   #2563
RSMick is on a distinguished road
Name: Mick
RSMick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacokid09 View Post
yeah, i cant wait to get the bench outta mine.
A lot more comfortable. Worth giving up the middle seat. I don't think you'd regret changing it out.
Old 06-19-2013, 02:07 PM   #2564
electrcguy is on a distinguished road
Name: Dan
electrcguy's Tacoma Gallery
Talking Nice, but

Quote:
Originally Posted by stunt man hans View Post
mine 2010 regular cab 4x4.
BUT good gosh that thing looks too pretty to take out where all the aftermarket stuff will let it go!

JK love it!
Old 06-19-2013, 02:08 PM   #2565
MightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Gabriel
MightyMouse-SCT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
Rear body lift removal= finished Attachment 218730
Why not put in a claim on your insurance and fix the body smash .
Old 06-19-2013, 02:10 PM   #2566
This is my truck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banger4 View Post
I'm new to this forum, as this is my 1st Tacoma. I love it thus far and look forward to joining the community. I've posted a few pics below.
This is the same truck I have, color and all (but I painted my wheels black) and wanted a black soft top for it. Now I know how it looks, and can't wait!
Old 06-19-2013, 02:12 PM   #2567
MightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shedMightyMouse-SCT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Are you guys quoting old posts ? Or am I not seeing them .
Old 06-19-2013, 02:13 PM   #2568
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Are you guys quoting old posts ? Or am I not seeing them .
Yes, old
Old 06-19-2013, 02:15 PM   #2569
Kk . That was 2 in a row and I was like stunt man , didn't he sell like 8 months ago .
Old 06-19-2013, 02:20 PM   #2570
Quote:
Because it was my fault and itll proly happen again once i start wheeling again. Got quotes around ~3k to fix it sooo just gonna wait till i have some spare change saved up one day and get it fixed.
So I guess making a claim and driving a 4x4 at 19 your rates will skyrocket ? Because you can just pay your deductible right .
Old 06-20-2013, 06:02 AM   #2571
jtye is just really nicejtye is just really nicejtye is just really nicejtye is just really nicejtye is just really nice

Name: John
jtye's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagen View Post
About 10 miles from my place. Just messing around .

You've got one of my favorite set ups man, sick pictures.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:28 PM   #2572
SuazoYota is on a distinguished road

Name: Spencer
SuazoYota's Tacoma Gallery
ARB air locker in Reg. Cab Prerunner??

Extremely off topic but its been buggin me because i wanna do it to my truck. Has anyone put an ARB air locker in the reg. cab prerunner? I got an 09 with that AUTO LSD and its been so-so and swapping the entire axle for an e-locker seems to be more work with more electrical work. From what i've learned on TW is that just about the majority of people on here recommend putting in the ARB locker. Would it be the same for us reg. cab prerunners? Has anyone see it done on the reg cab thats not 4x4?
Old 06-21-2013, 07:29 AM   #2573
All right. I believe ya. But my Tommy Gun don't!
disc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

disc0monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuazoYota View Post
Extremely off topic but its been buggin me because i wanna do it to my truck. Has anyone put an ARB air locker in the reg. cab prerunner? I got an 09 with that AUTO LSD and its been so-so and swapping the entire axle for an e-locker seems to be more work with more electrical work. From what i've learned on TW is that just about the majority of people on here recommend putting in the ARB locker. Would it be the same for us reg. cab prerunners? Has anyone see it done on the reg cab thats not 4x4?
Here is one on a 5lug. shouldn't be too different, besides actual part numbers.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...per-build.html
Old 06-21-2013, 07:53 AM   #2574
Banned
Phil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Your Mom
Phil Dammit's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by disc0monkey View Post
Dam how hell did you do 265s with the stock gears
Like a champ
Old 06-21-2013, 08:47 AM   #2575
Grab your helmet, this shits about to get retarded
BlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
BlackSeven's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuazoYota View Post

Installing an ARB is not easy (I have one in my rear). It requires a skill set, and some tools that most mechanics don't have. Getting the e-locker to work would be trivial compared to installing an ARB.

I'm also sure you can find a junkyard elocker rear diff for less then the cost of an Air locker as well.

It was an easier decision for me because I was also re-gearing at the same time I put the ARB in, but had I not been doing that I think an elocker would've been the easier route.
Old 06-21-2013, 09:28 AM   #2576
Banned
Phil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Your Mom
Phil Dammit's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Finalllllyyy removed the dumbass body lift Attachment 219150
It's not gay anymore, goodjob
Old 06-21-2013, 10:23 AM   #2577
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blang
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Lol thanks. Turns out it wasnt as difficult of a job as i had assumed it would be. But it was a major PITA still. So much little shit that has to be modified.
was it worth it?
Old 06-21-2013, 11:06 AM   #2578
All right. I believe ya. But my Tommy Gun don't!
disc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

disc0monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Finalllllyyy removed the dumbass body lift
Old 06-21-2013, 11:29 AM   #2579
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fink View Post
Need some advice fellow single cabbers...

I want new tires but I cannot decide between finding a Load Range C tire or going with the more readily available Load Range D. I had Load Range E on my TRD Sport double cab years ago and while I loved them and they muscled through everything I threw at them...the ride quality was shit.

I am leaning towards Load Range C, just to preserve the awesome factory ride while still getting beefier tires than the Dunlops that come from Toyota, but the idea of having an even beefier tire is appealing.

I need opinions from those of you more experienced with the single cabs, please.

Fink
^ ^ ...I'm just going to leave this here... ^ ^

Fink
Old 06-21-2013, 12:51 PM   #2580
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Meh. I had grapplers (E load) and didnt mind the ride at all. Its a truck, not a cadillac.
Thank God it's not a Cadillac, too.

Thanks for the feedback!

Fink

Products Discussed in this Thread