Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

The 2.7L Single Cab Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-04-2013, 09:22 AM   #2581
hickorylarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedhickorylarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedhickorylarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedhickorylarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedhickorylarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedhickorylarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedhickorylarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedhickorylarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedhickorylarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedhickorylarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedhickorylarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
hickorylarge's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFalco50 View Post
Here is mine!! I love it, wish we had more exhaust options tho!!
Truck looks real good! Same as mine. I'm thinking about getting those tires too. Is that the stock size? How are they on the beach?
Old 04-04-2013, 12:56 PM   #2582
1stgenpre has much to be proud of1stgenpre has much to be proud of1stgenpre has much to be proud of1stgenpre has much to be proud of1stgenpre has much to be proud of1stgenpre has much to be proud of1stgenpre has much to be proud of1stgenpre has much to be proud of
Law Enforcement:
1stgenpre's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T@co_Pr3runn3r View Post
Got my Gentex 341 off ebay. Already had amber lighting on compass/temp to match oem dash lighting. I hated not having the ovh console for the garage door opener but the homelink solves that for me. The one I got has auto dimming/homelink/compass/temp/map lights and came with harness and temp probe. I just used 2 add-a-circuits in the fuse panel in rr dr lock for unswitched pwr since reg cabs don't has rr doors and used rr pwr window fuse for switched pwr since reg cabs don't has rr pwr windows.

They have different models with different amount of features. Just search Gentex mirror on ebay. Some will even change the display colors from turquoise to amber.

Here's a 453 already amber with auto dimming/homelink/compass with wiring and cheaper than what I paid with the temp and maplights. It is wedge mount which is what you want for our trucks........

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gentex-453-H...88edd4&vxp=mtr

There are also ones with the display if you want to hook up rr camera.
Thanks for the info, I googled them but there was so many to look through. I will definitely check that out, looks like a great addition for the truck. I really like the one you have, that would suit my needs perfectly.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:05 PM   #2583
1stgenpre has much to be proud of1stgenpre has much to be proud of1stgenpre has much to be proud of1stgenpre has much to be proud of1stgenpre has much to be proud of1stgenpre has much to be proud of1stgenpre has much to be proud of1stgenpre has much to be proud of
Law Enforcement:
1stgenpre's Tacoma Gallery
When I bought my reg cab it came with the tailgate camera already on it. Of course it doesn't have the mirror or wiring to make it work so I was wondering if this came standard or did the PO put this on? I've double checked the mirror and tailgate and there's no wiring harness. Would a mirror capable of the camera display and wiring harness be all I need to make this work?
Old 04-05-2013, 10:14 AM   #2584
B DIRT is on a distinguished road

Name: John
B DIRT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagen View Post
That's not standard. I don't know how easy a mirror would be to hook it up but its pretty easy to do with an aftermarket stereo.
1stgen, are you sure it actualy has the camera? I know on my '13 it has what looks like a camera (salesman actualy thought it was one also), but it is just a plastic piece where the actual camera would go. It also does not have any of the wiring, etc.

Like Hagen said, it might be easier w/ an aftermarket stereo.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:33 AM   #2585

B DIRT's Tacoma Gallery
'13 RC 4x4 Auto

Hagen, what is your set up/lift you are using?

I would like to add the SCS Stealth 17" wheels with some Duratracks in the 265/70/17 size.

For now I would like to use B-5100's set at 1.75, and a 1.5 AAL, and keep the stock coils and UCA.

It seems like most are using 16" wheels, I could always go w/ the F-5's, but the 17" Stealth-6 seems like it would fit using the 5100's w/ an AAL. Any thoughts on this? Thanks in advance, I just want to make sure this will work w/ my truck. Most guys have Ddb or access cabs.

Goodyear Wrangler DuraTracLT265/70R17E1 121Q B
Old 04-05-2013, 10:53 AM   #2586
ortlie09 is a glorious beacon of lightortlie09 is a glorious beacon of lightortlie09 is a glorious beacon of lightortlie09 is a glorious beacon of lightortlie09 is a glorious beacon of lightortlie09 is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Eric
ortlie09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by B DIRT View Post
Hagen, what is your set up/lift you are using?

I would like to add the SCS Stealth 17" wheels with some Duratracks in the 265/70/17 size.

For now I would like to use B-5100's set at 1.75, and a 1.5 AAL, and keep the stock coils and UCA.

It seems like most are using 16" wheels, I could always go w/ the F-5's, but the 17" Stealth-6 seems like it would fit using the 5100's w/ an AAL. Any thoughts on this? Thanks in advance, I just want to make sure this will work w/ my truck. Most guys have Ddb or access cabs.

Goodyear Wrangler DuraTracLT265/70R17E1 121Q B
That setup would work just fine.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:00 AM   #2587

B DIRT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ortlie09 View Post
That setup would work just fine.
Thanks, that was my thinking, it just seems like most go with the 16" wheels. Now to wait for Vin for the 17's...
Old 04-05-2013, 11:03 AM   #2588
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
The 1.75 will get you level . The 1.5" aal will set you 1.5" a bit stink bug .
Old 04-05-2013, 12:39 PM   #2589

B DIRT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
The 1.75 will get you level . The 1.5" aal will set you 1.5" a bit stink bug .
Stink bug, I like that. I'm guessing A$$ high, if so that is not want I need/want. So set them all at 1.75 and ditch the AAL. I will have to check out the bugs closer next time, I just step on them, but I'm pretty sure they are nose low.

Thanks for the tip!!! Now to call DSM or Wheelers, seems like most call DSM, I might need to throw some love a little farther north.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:04 AM   #2590

B DIRT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have the Ironman 2 inch lift without the front spacers. I'll be putting those in when I get 33's here in a few months and that will take me from 2.5inches to 3 inches of lift.

I have F5's wrapped in Treadwright guard dogs in 265/75.

As others have said that set up would work just fine.
Thanks Hagen, I like the stance of your truck, and figured you didn't have it cranked up to high. I ordered the 5100's last night from DSM, and will have to wait another 2 weeks for the Stealth's to arrive. After I install the shocks I will have to see what tire will fit/look the best on the 17" wheels. I really like the Duratracks, but if I can go 265/75 might have to go that route.

This is my DD, and with only 175 miles on it I don't want to go 3" yet and deal with all the fun that can bring. Plus, I need something to look forward to for Christmas! Then I can justify a much more aggressive system.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:17 AM   #2591
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have the Ironman 2 inch lift without the front spacers. I'll be putting those in when I get 33's here in a few months and that will take me from 2.5inches to 3 inches of lift.

I have F5's wrapped in Treadwright guard dogs in 265/75.

As others have said that set up would work just fine.
Happy with your Treadwrights so far? Seriously thinking about getting a set.

Fink
Old 04-06-2013, 07:17 AM   #2592
cphelps is on a distinguished road
Army:
cphelps's Tacoma Gallery
got my new shoes in yeaterday from tirerack. they showed up in three days impressed with tire racks service. she's a work in progress but this is it thus far. I plan on tinting the windows and black door handles somehow.....
Attached Thumbnails
The 2.7L Single Cab Thread-img_2369.jpg   The 2.7L Single Cab Thread-img_2368.jpg   The 2.7L Single Cab Thread-img_2367.jpg   The 2.7L Single Cab Thread-img_2366.jpg   The 2.7L Single Cab Thread-img_2365.jpg  

The 2.7L Single Cab Thread-img_2363.jpg  
Old 04-06-2013, 07:29 AM   #2593
Motorboatin' SOB
Fink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shedFink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Former FF/EMT
Name: Chris
Fink's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cphelps View Post
got my new shoes in yeaterday from tirerack. they showed up in three days impressed with tire racks service. she's a work in progress but this is it thus far. I plan on tinting the windows and black door handles somehow.....
Looks great man!!

Fink
Old 04-07-2013, 06:02 PM   #2594
RaleighTaco has a brilliant futureRaleighTaco has a brilliant futureRaleighTaco has a brilliant futureRaleighTaco has a brilliant futureRaleighTaco has a brilliant futureRaleighTaco has a brilliant futureRaleighTaco has a brilliant futureRaleighTaco has a brilliant futureRaleighTaco has a brilliant futureRaleighTaco has a brilliant futureRaleighTaco has a brilliant future

Name: Jonathon
RaleighTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Put the lift on today finally thanks to sandman614

Old 04-08-2013, 06:02 PM   #2595
redelvis is on a distinguished road
Name: Bob Loblaw
redelvis's Tacoma Gallery
Got an ARE MX topper a little while ago and used it on my spring break trip to Utah.

Old 04-08-2013, 09:23 PM   #2596
SuazoYota is on a distinguished road

Name: Spencer
SuazoYota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighTaco View Post
Put the lift on today finally thanks to sandman614

That lift on your truck looks PERFECT on there! Real Nice job, is that OME?
Old 04-09-2013, 07:49 AM   #2597
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Looks great. Dig the red with black combo. +2 on the door handles & might I suggest trying to score a sliding rr window and vent guards. Those things make the reg cab much better having more ventilation options IMO.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:56 AM   #2598
I'll be your huckleberry!
Millertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMillertime187 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Iraq vet
Name: David
Millertime187's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

looks good!!

The door handles look to be a stick on crome, should be able to pull them off, use a heat gun to WARM the glue behind them, then pull off.
Old 04-09-2013, 09:24 AM   #2599
DBWrecks is one of the sharper tools in the shedDBWrecks is one of the sharper tools in the shedDBWrecks is one of the sharper tools in the shedDBWrecks is one of the sharper tools in the shedDBWrecks is one of the sharper tools in the shedDBWrecks is one of the sharper tools in the shedDBWrecks is one of the sharper tools in the shedDBWrecks is one of the sharper tools in the shedDBWrecks is one of the sharper tools in the shedDBWrecks is one of the sharper tools in the shedDBWrecks is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alex
DBWrecks's Tacoma Gallery
Same there are some nice trucks here.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:33 PM   #2600
eight08 will become famous soon enough
eight08's Tacoma Gallery
new stuff

Just got a bunch of random accessories installed.

Bakflip Fibermax (pretty good)
Keeper cargo bars (good)
Hitchmate divider bar (solid but doesn't quite fit Keeper bar)
DeeZee bedmat (awesome)
Weathertech digital floorliner (awesome)

Products Discussed in this Thread