Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

The 2.7L Single Cab Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-25-2013, 03:46 PM   #2621
spaulding88 is a splendid one to beholdspaulding88 is a splendid one to beholdspaulding88 is a splendid one to beholdspaulding88 is a splendid one to beholdspaulding88 is a splendid one to beholdspaulding88 is a splendid one to beholdspaulding88 is a splendid one to behold

Army: 3/8 CAV 1CD
Name: Sam
spaulding88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HombreSteven View Post
I think it would look badass if you bought the bumper and fenders in white and do a reg. cab Storm trooper build. I've always liked those.
Yeah that would be pretty savage!
Old 06-25-2013, 03:56 PM   #2622
josh843 is on a distinguished road
Name: Josh
josh843's Tacoma Gallery
Hmmm... never seen one of those
Old 06-25-2013, 03:56 PM   #2623
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Agreed that a 4x4 regular cab can go a lot of places but you will still get into those 2wheel dance situations here and there with the kinda short wheelbase and limited flex . I'd recommend a rear locker for sure .
Old 06-25-2013, 03:58 PM   #2624
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
I think I just seen the guy from Arizona with one of the first regular cabs on here . It's silver with a tube bumper front and back with black and chrome wheels and the punisher logo on the tailgate . The middle of his hood is also blacked out . Can't think of his name right now .
Old 06-25-2013, 04:02 PM   #2625
josh843's Tacoma Gallery
Found a few more

[url=http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/337311/cat/500]
Old 06-25-2013, 04:13 PM   #2626
cdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shedcdthiker is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tim
cdthiker's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Agreed that a 4x4 regular cab can go a lot of places but you will still get into those 2wheel dance situations here and there with the kinda short wheelbase and limited flex . I'd recommend a rear locker for sure .
for sure....

I think a lot of it comes down to what are you really useing your truck for?
I live three miles off the closest paved road in north idaho we get a lot of snow. I bought the yota because of the clearance. I dont weel per say but I use 4x4 allllll the time, just to get through the mountains to my house. lifts and mud tires are not my game, chains and deep snow is what I am used too

so finding my self middle of nowhere high dessert in utah on that stupidly steep trail was a bit of a shock
what can i say I got lost and the options were back down or find a spot to turn around and keep going up

there were only a few times when i did the two wheel dance, aint pretty but was able to make it work. I am not saying that a locker would not have been nice, I am saying that I was impressed by what it was able to tackle, when I did not really have an option.
Old 06-25-2013, 04:23 PM   #2627
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
OutKast
Yah ! That's him . I swear it was him . I think he was in the market of swelling his truck though . He had a shaved head .
Old 06-25-2013, 05:41 PM   #2628
Maineiack is on a distinguished road

Maineiack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdthiker View Post
lot of talk about lifts and such in this bad ass thred
but here is some food for thought

Recently I found my self a bit turned around in the La Sal Mountain range in utah
( near moab) I was trying to hook up to some trails and get to a camp spot that I had stayed at several years before.... the real problem was it was midnight and dark as shit

needless to say I got caught up in some decent off roading.
Now, I am no noob when it comes to driving trucks off road been doing it for a while for both my job and for personal reasons
I got my self on a sweet little diddy called the La Sal Pass road... needless to say I found my self in 4lo first gear going up mile after mile of rocky nasty sexy trail.
my truck is compleatly stock except for a topper, the sweet ass 30 clutter catcher from autozone and my ARE mid rise topper... and a ten of ten ply Danapro ATM's
the little reg cab worked like a champ, why did i not turn around you ask? because the trail dropped off the side of a hill and was too narrow. so i was stuck going up and up
these trucks handle some decent grades and a lot of crap we throw at them with nothing but a set of good tires and a driver with some common sense who is willing to go slow.
needless to say , I was impressed with the truck and any ideas of lifts and bigger tires were dashed. if I can handle 20 inches of standing snow and moab at midnight what do i really need?
a set of damn bright off road lights thats what, my head lights were pointing at the sky that my was my only real problem

reg cab taco 4x4 one very bad ass and capable truck... just how it is.
+1
Old 06-25-2013, 05:54 PM   #2629
Peanut butter mini time
Phil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
Phil Dammit's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
x2. Sposed to sell my datsun this week and first thing im buying is a locker and gears
There goes your fuel econ
Old 06-25-2013, 06:03 PM   #2630
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Old 06-25-2013, 06:06 PM   #2631
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Too low . Unless 35's
Old 06-25-2013, 06:25 PM   #2632
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Would f'n suck I'd bet
Old 06-25-2013, 06:39 PM   #2633
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
I'd say 60 mph on 31's would be 3,000 rpm . With 4.88's. you'd go through the gears so fast .
Old 06-25-2013, 08:19 PM   #2634
Peanut butter mini time
Phil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
I'd say 60 mph on 31's would be 3,000 rpm . With 4.88's. you'd go through the gears so fast .
I'd say higher rpm then that, stock is 3.07. And a constant locked locker will eat up mpgs
Old 06-25-2013, 08:54 PM   #2635
josh843's Tacoma Gallery
You know, I've been stalking this board for a very long time and there are some geniuses on here and then there are people that shouldn't have a license on here.... Let alone a breeding certificate
Old 06-25-2013, 09:43 PM   #2636
Peanut butter mini time

Quote:
Woah stock isnt 3.07? Stock is 4.10 for me.

And it wouldnt be constant locked, itd be an ARB air locker
My B, youre 6lug. And why not just swap for the elocker? Can pick up an axle for the price of an arb.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:59 PM   #2637
Cajun Yota
Beaureguardbull is on a distinguished road

Name: John
Beaureguardbull's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh843 View Post
Found a few more

[url=http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/337311/cat/500]
Thats sexy brah... Just plain sexy!
Old 06-26-2013, 01:21 AM   #2638
TL;DR BOSS
hour is a jewel in the roughhour is a jewel in the roughhour is a jewel in the roughhour is a jewel in the rough

Name: Brandon
hour's Tacoma Gallery
^Hey thanks

I have no idea what to do with this thing. After you mentioned Tundras.. I've looked and built them online multiple times a week. Fawk, 17mpg and adequate power > 18mpg and nada. Sucks to think of forefitting mods for a new truck, sucks more to think about continuing to spend money on something I'll ultimately part with. Thought I'd keep her forever, seriously- even if I had a kid, still keep the taco.. Idunno, I may hold off until Toyota offers a better dual vvt 4cyl tacoma and get an access or double cab.

Old 06-26-2013, 07:31 AM   #2639
All right. I believe ya. But my Tommy Gun don't!
disc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

disc0monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hour View Post
^Hey thanks

I have no idea what to do with this thing. After you mentioned Tundras.. I've looked and built them online multiple times a week. Fawk, 17mpg and adequate power > 18mpg and nada. Sucks to think of forefitting mods for a new truck, sucks more to think about continuing to spend money on something I'll ultimately part with. Thought I'd keep her forever, seriously- even if I had a kid, still keep the taco.. Idunno, I may hold off until Toyota offers a better dual vvt 4cyl tacoma and get an access or double cab.
curious what you're comparing 17mpg and 18mpg
Old 06-26-2013, 07:40 AM   #2640
All right. I believe ya. But my Tommy Gun don't!
disc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

disc0monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagen View Post
The ride feels amazing off road with the new suspension. I used to get tossed all over but now it feels smooth in most situations. Still a bench seat so I still get tossed some. Worth upgrading suspension if you have the money and you plan on going offroad quite a bit. I certainly don't regret putting money into the suspension.
I agree with you too. hell i dropped decent coin on my suspension. i was just saying overall capability. My point is the truck will get you where you need to go.

Aftermarket suspension won't toss you around as much, hammer the chassis, maybe won't scrape the undercarriage as badly. Maybe you over heat the shocks and you need to go slower.

Products Discussed in this Thread