Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

The 2.7L Single Cab Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-26-2013, 09:02 AM   #2641
All right. I believe ya. But my Tommy Gun don't!
disc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

disc0monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
Srsly? Are you like trying to say that stock suspension is all you need to take on trails? If so, what kinda trails are you going on? Flat roads?

On offcamber and serious trails , you need the gained uptravel and droop that comes with the new suspension so you can keep the tires on tbe ground as much as possible.

You need the new suspension to gain ground clearance and fit bigger tires.

Id love to see someone take an all stock reg cab on the trails me and my friends go on.

Theres even a part of the trail where only people with lockers could make it while everyone else had to winch up it

Im not saying the reg cab isnt a nice truck but lets be realistic here
How much bigger than a 265/75 do most people go without major cutting?
The auto-LSD will work. The stock truck will do most things maybe not as easy and gracefully as modded one. Lets be honest with ourselves it the tire that give the most added capability.

Yeah that .75" of added travel in front and the extra inch or two most people get in the back is a real difference maker...

It's nice to have but honestly how often will that be the difference in real world situation of not making it somewhere or finding an easier line?
Old 06-26-2013, 09:24 AM   #2642
disc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Have any pics on what kinda wheeling you do?
listen, what i do with this truck has nothing to do with our conversation

with that out of the way, the difference between me and you is I use my truck to get from point A to point B. I don't give a puck how I get there. the truck is used to carry shit to a camping spot, mtbs, firewood, etc. My hobby is not the actual driving the truck off road. That is how this convo started, the guy being impressed how his stock truck got him from point a to point b.

You are overly concerned on how it gets there, the sport and hobby of going on the trail. again not the point of the convo.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:47 AM   #2643

Quote:
This is the kind of wheeling we do Attachment 219996Attachment 219997Attachment 219998

The gained flex and bigger tires is very much need as well as lockers.
yes very cool trucks and i respect what they are doing, you really dont think a stock 4x4 reg cab with 265/75s wont make it through that?
Old 06-26-2013, 09:55 AM   #2644
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blang
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
This is the kind of wheeling we do Attachment 219996Attachment 219997Attachment 219998

The gained flex and bigger tires is very much need as well as lockers.
alright, well where is yours? haha
Old 06-26-2013, 10:26 AM   #2645
Peanut butter mini time
Phil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
Phil Dammit's Tacoma Gallery
This site is dying like custom tacos
Old 06-26-2013, 10:59 AM   #2646
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: RM/ET2(SS) veteran
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Here's a question.

My sway bar end links are pretty fucked up from being lowered.

Does anybody else's make a popping noise when turning at speed?

I'm pretty sure I can just replace them to get rid of the noise.

I haven't tried taking it off. I should probably just do that.

I'll do that, never mind.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:15 AM   #2647

doesnt autozone have energy ones on the shelf? try those if they have the right length.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:16 AM   #2648
Kavik
Kavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rylan
Kavik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Dammit View Post
I went over there recently and it is a ghost town.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:38 AM   #2649

Quote:
Thats why i asked for pics of your wheeling so you could prove me wrong and change my mind but still then, i do not.
my trucks not stock tho...
Old 06-26-2013, 11:48 AM   #2650
Peanut butter mini time
Phil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhil Dammit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
Here's a question.

My sway bar end links are pretty fucked up from being lowered.

Does anybody else's make a popping noise when turning at speed?

I'm pretty sure I can just replace them to get rid of the noise.

I haven't tried taking it off. I should probably just do that.

I'll do that, never mind.
Dumb question, that is all.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:49 PM   #2651
SuazoYota is on a distinguished road

Name: Spencer
SuazoYota's Tacoma Gallery
Reg Cab desert pics Dos Wheel Drive

Trip out to Oriflame Trail and Canyon Sin Nombre. Its not an eventful trip in 2wd if i dont get stuck somehow someway!

up to the bumper im so stuck, good times i tell ya whut

this was like powdered sugar soft! you either love it, hate it or both!

i love my Rg cab
Old 06-26-2013, 07:33 PM   #2652
josh843 is on a distinguished road
Name: Josh
josh843's Tacoma Gallery
kinda off topic but still rc related, anyone over think about taking the back seat out of 03-05 4runner? and putting in 2nd gen tacoma? has the fold down armrest, the bottom would fold up for better storage/access under seat, 60/40 instead of bench, cup holders pop out the end of console, adjustable head rest, and fabric and martial are very similar and would match interior. not better than buckets but would be better than the bench, i think the back might not be as tall but its just a thought
Old 06-26-2013, 08:05 PM   #2653
josh843's Tacoma Gallery
also found these from another board, i think it YT, i think this is going to be my next purchase, champagne reg ca sr5, either prerunner or 4x4, I'm in the market so if anyones selling a 2nd gen reg cab sr5 message me

Old 06-26-2013, 09:02 PM   #2654
Peanut butter mini time

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh843 View Post
also found these from another board, i think it YT, i think this is going to be my next purchase, champagne reg ca sr5, either prerunner or 4x4, I'm in the market so if anyones selling a 2nd gen reg cab sr5 message me

I have a bumper for one.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:54 AM   #2655
Maineiack is on a distinguished road

Maineiack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Dammit View Post
Old 06-27-2013, 06:40 AM   #2656
bzzr2 is a splendid one to beholdbzzr2 is a splendid one to beholdbzzr2 is a splendid one to beholdbzzr2 is a splendid one to beholdbzzr2 is a splendid one to beholdbzzr2 is a splendid one to beholdbzzr2 is a splendid one to beholdbzzr2 is a splendid one to behold
bzzr2's Tacoma Gallery
that nice champagne truck is a pre-runner with a 4 inch lift if i recall correctly.. looks good but i'm sure it doesn't do much being a 2wd
Old 06-27-2013, 06:46 AM   #2657
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Wasn't it desert sand mica?
Old 06-27-2013, 07:01 AM   #2658

Quote:

does that have a spindle lift? how high is that?
Old 06-27-2013, 10:41 AM   #2659
Maineiack is on a distinguished road

Maineiack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
kinda off topic but still rc related, anyone over think about taking the back seat out of 03-05 4runner? and putting in 2nd gen tacoma? has the fold down armrest, the bottom would fold up for better storage/access under seat, 60/40 instead of bench, cup holders pop out the end of console, adjustable head rest, and fabric and martial are very similar and would match interior. not better than buckets but would be better than the bench, i think the back might not be as tall but its just a thought
I was wondering if you could just take the seats from an automatic RC and bolt them into the Manual one.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:54 AM   #2660
josh843's Tacoma Gallery
Yea I'm pretty sure it was a forerunner with a spindle lift too I think but I could be wrong about the spindle lift, I dunno what size but its so clean and simple I had to save it, wasnt a big fan if that color but its grown on me a lot after finding that truck, he's over on total tech board. Beautiful truck though

Products Discussed in this Thread