Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

The 2.7L Single Cab Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-03-2013, 10:07 PM   #3941
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Lol, had to get a washer and dryer tonight for my sister.

Leaf springs didnt sag at all. Oh and don't forget about the high clearance bumper that's made entirely out of 1/4" steel.
Old 10-03-2013, 10:09 PM   #3942
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crvnmk View Post
I'm not sure what all I want to do to it yet. Any starter ideas will be greatly appreciated.
Too many ideas to list! Lol. All depends how you wanna go about it.

You can start by finding a colormatched grille or you could start blacking out stuff.

You could get aggressive tires in the same size you have now or you could get a lift and get bigger ones.

First thing I'd start with is removing those mud flaps but some people prefer to trim em
Old 10-03-2013, 10:10 PM   #3943
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchav View Post
Haha thanks! Hopefully I can find the time this weekend to put it on. Hope I don't screw it up seeing as this is my first time.
You'll do fine! Installing a lift is actually pretty simple once you step back and realize what you're doing. Just don't rush it and plan to be on here asking a question in the middle of installing it lol
Old 10-04-2013, 03:52 AM   #3944
wfochris is on a distinguished road
wfochris's Tacoma Gallery
Hey FSU, what's your tint setup?

Looks nice.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:41 AM   #3945
Crvnmk is on a distinguished road
Army: Tank gunner Dco 2-7in 3rd ID
Name: Mike
Crvnmk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
Too many ideas to list! Lol. All depends how you wanna go about it.

You can start by finding a colormatched grille or you could start blacking out stuff.

You could get aggressive tires in the same size you have now or you could get a lift and get bigger ones.

First thing I'd start with is removing those mud flaps but some people prefer to trim em
Rihjt now there is only 2200 miles on it. So i want to just keep braking it in. im not sure how the 2.7l handle a lift.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:43 AM   #3946
B.S. Goodwrench
KWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
KWMF's Tacoma Gallery
I vote factory fog light kit,

I am amazed at the light output of the 55W H11 fog lights on these trucks, they really should have come with fog lights form the factory on all models.

Old 10-04-2013, 08:44 AM   #3947
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Rihjt now there is only 2200 miles on it. So i want to just keep braking it in. im not sure how the 2.7l handle a lift.
Mine was on a 3" suspension lift and 3" body lift at 3,000 miles lol.

Here I am at 37,000 and just on a 3" suspension lift now and still handles like day one. Just a tad slower. But it's a 4cyl truck. Not supposed to be fast anyway b
Old 10-04-2013, 08:45 AM   #3948
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWMF View Post
I vote factory fog light kit,

I am amazed at the light output of the 55W H11 fog lights on these trucks, they really should have come with fog lights form the factory on all models.

I haz fog lights. But they no hooked up lol. Just for looks
Old 10-04-2013, 09:13 AM   #3949
B.S. Goodwrench
KWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KWMF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I haz fog lights. But they no hooked up lol. Just for looks
I did that for about 3-4 days, then wired them in,

They do an awesome job of bringing a lot of light right up to, and assisting the headlights,

Old 10-04-2013, 09:15 AM   #3950
Crvnmk is on a distinguished road
Army: Tank gunner Dco 2-7in 3rd ID
Name: Mike
Crvnmk's Tacoma Gallery
Need more options.

I need a good place to get parts and accessories.
Old 10-04-2013, 09:16 AM   #3951
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
www.tacomaworld.com. You're welcome.
Old 10-04-2013, 09:18 AM   #3952
B.S. Goodwrench

KWMF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I found the South East Toyota part number for my fog light kit and ordered it through my dealer as they gave me a discount since I purchased my truck through them.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:24 PM   #3953
Small and Tall
tacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Drew
tacobell007's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacobell007
Hey guys, just picked up my 06 4x4 5 speed a couple weeks ago and am loving it. Bought it with 55,777 miles on it and a lift kit. The lift is eibach front springs, add-a-leaf, and 5100's all around. Things I have done so far are install my stereo stuff and put a tool box on it. I also got some paint from work to color match stuff on the truck. Here are some pics

My truck and my dad's 05 double cab long bed

Old 10-05-2013, 03:31 PM   #3954
FSUtaco is a name known to allFSUtaco is a name known to allFSUtaco is a name known to allFSUtaco is a name known to allFSUtaco is a name known to allFSUtaco is a name known to all

Name: Cody
FSUtaco's Tacoma Gallery
wfochris, for the windows? It's just the legal limit in FL all around. I then have a glare strip at the top of the winshield too that the guy made the height according to how I sit in the truck.
Old 10-05-2013, 05:07 PM   #3955
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Detailed brittni...for a wheeling trip lol

Looks good . You should leave it like this.

Are those 285's
Old 10-05-2013, 05:12 PM   #3956
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Looks good . You should leave it like this.

Are those 285's
Yes sir. I want 35's soon tho.
Old 10-05-2013, 05:21 PM   #3957
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes sir. I want 35's soon tho.
Same just don't want the spend the $4k for them ( re gear included )
Old 10-05-2013, 05:25 PM   #3958
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Same just don't want the spend the $4k for them ( re gear included )
Well i think I'd just regear and get a locker later on. These 285's just seem tiny. Went wheeling today and should have pics later
Old 10-05-2013, 05:47 PM   #3959
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagen View Post
Sliders on and working on the new bed rack now
Old 10-05-2013, 07:54 PM   #3960
TacoMan1911 is on a distinguished road
TacoMan1911's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody know how much glass tinting costs?

Products Discussed in this Thread