Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

The 2.7L Single Cab Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-22-2014, 11:24 AM   #5701
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTaco View Post
Lol at this convo. The truck is slow regardless. At my elevation the stock horsepower will theoretically drop around 108 hp @ 5200rpm. Its a suck fest no matter what you do here. I could care less about keeping up with another car but struggling to maintain the minimum at times just blows.

I have debated selling it and getting a used FJ for a long time. Its still an option...the power would be nice and I don't need the truck bed any more with the motorcycle sold. An FJ with the URD SC.... I believe you can fit 35's with little to no cutting as well.

Do it ! I couldn't picture having to drive into a strong head wind feeling every day . Ouch
Old 03-22-2014, 11:27 AM   #5702
Bad decisions for days...
avw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
avw4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Where will you live then? Back seat if the fj?
Old 03-22-2014, 11:28 AM   #5703
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kase
SingleCabGuy's Tacoma Gallery
I couldn't picture having to drive over mountains and hills
Old 03-22-2014, 11:29 AM   #5704
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Do it before you dump more money into it .
Old 03-22-2014, 11:30 AM   #5705
BabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Infantry
BabyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
Plus FJ's just look so damn sexy when equipped with armor and lift...

Definitely wish I would've got one when I was shopping for the taco.
They look amazing. Not a lot of people like them but I think they look awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Do it ! I couldn't picture having to drive into a strong head wind feeling every day . Ouch
Its rough, luckily I don't leave town other than to wheel/camp so its not to bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by avw4x4 View Post
Where will you live then? Back seat if the fj?
Lol, rip out the back seat and build a platform. Some math have maybe brought up a flaw in my taco living plan though .
Old 03-22-2014, 11:33 AM   #5706
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Just remember a single cab 4x4 is bad ass . Set up right with regear and maybe with some boost is beast .
Old 03-22-2014, 11:35 AM   #5707
DerpWerx Fab
SingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shedSingleCabGuy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Just remember a single cab 4x4 is bad ass . Set up right with regear and maybe with some boost is beast .

Maybe even lowered !

Hahahahaha
Old 03-22-2014, 11:40 AM   #5708
BabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
No it would be bad ass as well. I think all the parts will transfer except the bed rack and I believe the suspension. Maybe the sliders as I believe they are only slightly longer. Ill go ahead with the re gear and see if it helps at all. If not I will probably jump into a used FJ.
Old 03-22-2014, 11:46 AM   #5709
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
At least you have your group buy going on gears ? How much are you looking at front and rear through ecgs swap
Old 03-22-2014, 11:49 AM   #5710
Gears, install kits, rear locker, and compressor is $1715. Installed it will be around $2500.
Old 03-23-2014, 03:39 AM   #5711
Maineiack is on a distinguished road

Maineiack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTaco View Post
No it would be bad ass as well. I think all the parts will transfer except the bed rack and I believe the suspension. Maybe the sliders as I believe they are only slightly longer. Ill go ahead with the re gear and see if it helps at all. If not I will probably jump into a used FJ.
Ill take the iron man lift off your hands...
Old 03-23-2014, 01:32 PM   #5712
DerpWerx Fab

Uh oh

(The check engine and traction light)
Old 03-23-2014, 01:35 PM   #5713
darrinhutch is on a distinguished road
Name: darrin
darrinhutch's Tacoma Gallery
is that 22 thousand or 220 thousand?
Old 03-23-2014, 01:36 PM   #5714
avw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

avw4x4's Tacoma Gallery
220 miles on that tank of gas is my bet

What threw the CEL? You let the girlfriend give it a whirl by herself?
Old 03-23-2014, 01:37 PM   #5715
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrinhutch View Post
is that 22 thousand or 220 thousand?

It's got 52.000 miles. First time those 2 lights ever came on. Gonna get it scanned later but am so curious to why they came on lol.
Engines running on all 4 cylinders so idk what the prob is
Old 03-23-2014, 01:37 PM   #5716
Haven't shared a photo in here for a bit.

grayreef by BabyTaco, on Flickr
Old 03-23-2014, 01:37 PM   #5717
Blueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
Blueitrgsr's Tacoma Gallery
The 2.7L Single Cab Thread

Truck looks sweet man!! Jealous of where you live it all seems so gorgeous.
Old 03-23-2014, 01:37 PM   #5718
DerpWerx Fab

Quote:
Originally Posted by avw4x4 View Post
220 miles on that tank of gas is my bet

Correct. But the point of the pic was that my check engine light and traction light both came on randomly
Old 03-23-2014, 01:39 PM   #5719

avw4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Correct. But the point of the pic was that my check engine light and traction light both came on randomly
Yup I have my bet on that too lol
Old 03-23-2014, 01:39 PM   #5720
Blueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueitrgsr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
Blueitrgsr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Uh oh

(The check engine and traction light)

Looks like a Christmas tree!!!

Products Discussed in this Thread