Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

The 2.7L Single Cab Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-26-2014, 11:57 AM   #5701
BabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: Infantry
BabyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
haha screw you Kase. If I go far enough back you used to talk about getting a dodge!
Old 05-26-2014, 12:01 PM   #5702
BabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBabyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
haha fuckin with yall anyways. Driving my moms truck to get some diff fluid and hit the gym. The taco has a fun factor to it that this boring dodge lacks.
Old 05-26-2014, 06:17 PM   #5703
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Welp here's what I went with . Though the new RT with a 8 speed was the business. Just couldn't do it with gas prices and bucket seats.

Pic of the RT I could have bought

Old 05-26-2014, 06:21 PM   #5704
The dodge reg cabs are nice but it doesn't feel like you are even the one driving. Just to smooth of a ride. Even when you floor it...just doesn't make me smile.
Old 05-26-2014, 06:28 PM   #5705
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
I liked it . The rt version dash sits lower and has all the nice features . Gas would have been a issue . During the test drive it was constantly below 10. 2-8 lol
Old 05-26-2014, 06:36 PM   #5706
^Truth.

and agree with the gas. My parents are always averaging less than me. Pretty sad when I am on 35's with a giant box on the back catching wind and I am still getting better mpg.
Old 05-26-2014, 08:04 PM   #5707
toyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyodajeff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
toyodajeff's Tacoma Gallery
At least you guys werent looking at getting fords. You'd have to buy a car trailer and haul the taco everywhere as a backup.
Old 05-26-2014, 08:54 PM   #5708
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyodajeff View Post
At least you guys werent looking at getting fords. You'd have to buy a car trailer and haul the taco everywhere as a backup.
If I bought a ford I would just leave it on the lot. Then once a month push it in the maintenance bay and wait for my wallet to get raped.
Old 05-26-2014, 09:00 PM   #5709
avw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
avw4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I had one before this truck, total garbage. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING broke on that POS.

Never again will I buy a vehicle that the engineers didn't even manage to keep the spark plugs in the heads
Old 05-26-2014, 09:11 PM   #5710
single cab is on a distinguished road
single cab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by avw4x4 View Post
I had one before this truck, total garbage. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING broke on that POS.

Never again will I buy a vehicle that the engineers didn't even manage to keep the spark plugs in the heads
Haha I had a 2001 f150 before my tacoma and I was going down the highway when I blew out a cylinder 3 plug. I will never own another ford
Old 05-26-2014, 09:20 PM   #5711
avw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedavw4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

avw4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by single cab View Post
Haha I had a 2001 f150 before my tacoma and I was going down the highway when I blew out a cylinder 3 plug. I will never own another ford
Yeah, sounds like a helicopter when it happens... Always seems to be rear ones too, bastards!
Old 05-26-2014, 09:21 PM   #5712

avw4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
My buddies ranger just lost compression last week in cylinder 2 so he bought a taco lol
Did he check to see if his spark plug was still in that cylinder
Old 05-27-2014, 04:39 PM   #5713

avw4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Today was a good day, new t-case for me and lingerie for the woman

She's not back yet so no shots of the lingerie for you fellas
Old 05-27-2014, 04:41 PM   #5714
vrod671 has much to be proud ofvrod671 has much to be proud ofvrod671 has much to be proud ofvrod671 has much to be proud ofvrod671 has much to be proud ofvrod671 has much to be proud ofvrod671 has much to be proud ofvrod671 has much to be proud of

Name: Brandon
vrod671's Tacoma Gallery
[/QUOTE] She's not back yet so no shots of the lingerie for you fellas [/QUOTE]

dammit
Old 05-27-2014, 04:59 PM   #5715

avw4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Gonna be a long week for sure... Can't wait to get crackin'!

Big thanks to Wyatt at RST!!!
Old 05-27-2014, 05:07 PM   #5716

avw4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
Out of curiosity, how much that set you back? It's not a crawl box right? Just a manual transfer case?
Correct, no crawl box. Twin stick case for $950. My t-case actuator shit the bed and rather than shelling out more money on another garbage actuator I decided to go this route. It's not a terribly difficult conversion to the FJ case but I don't have the workspace to do it now. That and Wyatt clearly knows what he's doing more than the majority or all of us...

The crawler is roughly $1600 and I could always add it later, just no money for it now.
Old 05-27-2014, 05:12 PM   #5717
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Manual selector would be good on a higher milage vehicle . Crawl box you should have 37's +
Old 05-27-2014, 05:14 PM   #5718

avw4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Or anything with a locked front diff on IFS.

I'm not planning on going that route though
Old 05-27-2014, 05:16 PM   #5719
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah 35's is about the max our drive train can handle
Old 05-27-2014, 07:43 PM   #5720
Roughly mounted the CO2 and ran some air lines. Ill be running wires and filling the tank up tomorrow! Hoping this goes smooth

Products Discussed in this Thread