Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

The 2.7L Single Cab Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-01-2012, 01:31 AM   #1601
671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

671taco's Tacoma Gallery
^ True..they would settle. I only got 1.5 blocks and im about an inch higher in the rear with my 885x's..

Anyways, i borrowed my uncles 4runner limited rims off of his 1st gen D-cab so i could prep my rims and have my 33's mounted.

Old 11-01-2012, 03:15 AM   #1602
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
I'd sure like to buy somebody's 1.5 AAL that has "settled" to near zero just to beef up the 3 leaf pack. Not really interested in much or any lift since the front is only "lifted" .5 with taco lean spacers on both sides. That'll be later when I get bored after all the other projects are done, the tires get close needing replacement & I go back with 5100/LR UCA setup again and go 1.75 up front.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:41 PM   #1603
btipsword is just really nicebtipsword is just really nicebtipsword is just really nicebtipsword is just really nicebtipsword is just really nice
Name: Ben
btipsword's Tacoma Gallery
Some updated pics

Old 11-04-2012, 01:51 PM   #1604
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery

Old 11-04-2012, 03:32 PM   #1605
Large Breast Enthusiast
GEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
GEORGE STRAIT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSeven View Post
The AAL's settle, I'd go with the two inch and give in a few months, it will level out after you carry a load in the back of the truck a few times.
I think I will. I kind of like a little bit of rake too on a reg cab.
Old 11-04-2012, 03:33 PM   #1606
Large Breast Enthusiast
GEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 671taco View Post
^ True..they would settle. I only got 1.5 blocks and im about an inch higher in the rear with my 885x's..

Anyways, i borrowed my uncles 4runner limited rims off of his 1st gen D-cab so i could prep my rims and have my 33's mounted.

Looks good man. Gonna look real good with some big tires under there
Old 11-05-2012, 03:50 AM   #1607
671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed671taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

671taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEORGE STRAIT View Post
Looks good man. Gonna look real good with some big tires under there
thanks man, can't wait to see yours higher.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:14 AM   #1608
Large Breast Enthusiast

4 banger guys, what highway speed do yall get the best mpgs at?
Old 11-06-2012, 11:17 AM   #1609
danteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud of
danteisme's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEORGE STRAIT View Post
4 banger guys, what highway speed do yall get the best mpgs at?
Anything over 65 and i dip below 20 mpg. Granted i'm in pa so there isnt a lot of flat roads. I'm also 4x4. I imagine it would be better for a 5 lugger
Old 11-06-2012, 05:39 PM   #1610
clarksas is on a distinguished road
Name: Steve
clarksas's Tacoma Gallery
How were you able to add power locks and windows? I just purchased a 2013 black regular cab and would really like power locks and windows.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:35 PM   #1611
Grab your helmet, this shits about to get retarded
BlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BlackSeven's Tacoma Gallery
Does any one have pictures of a regular cab with bushwhackers flares?
Old 11-07-2012, 08:48 PM   #1612
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Does any one have pictures of a regular cab with bushwhackers flares?
Old 11-08-2012, 03:07 AM   #1613
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
^^^^^^^^^ That's badass, like whatcha done there............
Old 11-08-2012, 07:11 AM   #1614
BlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post
Did you notice if those increase your wheel gap? To me it sort of looks like it does increase wheel gap over the stock flares. But I'm assuming you've got 285/70/17's or 285/75/16 tires.

I really like what homer taco did by cutting out and re-plastic welding them together to make them skinnier.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:34 AM   #1615
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by "wheel gap."
Old 11-08-2012, 09:10 AM   #1616
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by btipsword View Post
Clean, I like the more subtle beauties
Old 11-08-2012, 12:15 PM   #1617

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post
Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by "wheel gap."
Does the bushwacker flare provide any more space for the tire to articulate up into the wheel arch?
Old 11-08-2012, 12:43 PM   #1618
Bullwinkle J. Moose

bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Does the bushwacker flare provide any more space for the tire to articulate up into the wheel arch?
No, not out of the box. For that you'd need a "cut out" style flare, and they only make the "pocket" flare for the 2nd gen.

As with the stock flare, I had to trim with a wood chisel and reshape fender flare plastic with a heat gun to get the maximum amount of clearance possible.

Also, it only offers about 1/2" to 3/4" inch more "coverage" than the stock flare. The "1.75 more coverage" that they talk about on the bushwacker info page is when compared to the stock metal fender, with the original factory flare removed.
Old 11-09-2012, 04:39 PM   #1619
hillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: tommy
hillbilly taco's Tacoma Gallery
Here's a picture of my truck:

Old 11-09-2012, 04:56 PM   #1620
hillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbilly taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: tommy
hillbilly taco's Tacoma Gallery
Mine is 2009 2.7

Products Discussed in this Thread