Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

The 2.7L Single Cab Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-15-2012, 03:30 PM   #1601
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
My 2010 silver single cab has front/rear black bumpers..
Old 12-15-2012, 03:32 PM   #1602
It burns when I pee....
ABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shedABA180 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
Wonder if any of you single cab folks have had luck with subwoofer installs..I'm running 12's right now and the enclosures I have are hitting the bench seat release levers.

If you are using them, please post dimensions of your enclosures..help a brother out!
Old 12-15-2012, 03:37 PM   #1603
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotagirl 05 View Post
Did the truck come with the black bumper?? The single cabs are very rare where I live, only 1 other besides mine, I certainly get lots of looks when going just because of that!! Kinda makes it just that more special I guess, lol Nice truck by the way, not much sand were I'm from, kinda jelous
Base models have black bumper and grille.
SR5 moves to chrome for the rear bumper and grille... not sure what trim level introduces the body-colored front bumper and moves the rear to body colored.

TRD Sport adds body colored grille (and skewp).
Old 12-15-2012, 05:12 PM   #1605
Scooter WCT has much to be proud ofScooter WCT has much to be proud ofScooter WCT has much to be proud ofScooter WCT has much to be proud ofScooter WCT has much to be proud ofScooter WCT has much to be proud ofScooter WCT has much to be proud ofScooter WCT has much to be proud ofScooter WCT has much to be proud ofScooter WCT has much to be proud of

Name: Scott
Scooter WCT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
Base models have black bumper and grille.
SR5 moves to chrome for the rear bumper and grille... not sure what trim level introduces the body-colored front bumper and moves the rear to body colored.

TRD Sport adds body colored grille (and skewp).
Single cabs stopped the SR5 package for the model year 2011

-2011 Source Book-
"SR5 Package (SE) is deleted for Regular Cab 4x4
models (7503 & 7504)" (7503 is the model code for the 4x4 Single Cab and 7503 is the model code for 4x2 Single Cab)

and I went back as far as 2008 (as far as my source books go) and there was never a TRD package available for the Single Cabs. I've seen some, so I thought they were available, but maybe those people just bought the stickers. I am only going by what my Toyota training website provides me. I wasn't w/ Toyota back then. (started in 2010)
Old 12-16-2012, 09:31 AM   #1606
MIAtaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Brian
MIAtaco's Tacoma Gallery
My 2010 base 3" lift with mb wheels and 235/75/15 Goodyear wranglers and custom exhaust
Attached Thumbnails
The 2.7L Single Cab Thread-image.jpg  
Old 12-16-2012, 10:58 AM   #1607
All right. I believe ya. But my Tommy Gun don't!
disc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

disc0monkey's Tacoma Gallery
5lug Ready for mid travel
Old 12-17-2012, 12:13 AM   #1608
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Any 4x4 on ?

Can you see when you shift into 4lo if the Auto LSD light comes on ? It's on the left side of the dash .
Old 12-18-2012, 07:24 AM   #1609
(Not the real George Strait)
GEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
GEORGE STRAIT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleCabGuy View Post
I know my mpgs will go up but im kinda looking for numbers. How much faster do the trucks feel when lowered? Stuff like that
I don't think the 2.7 could ever feel fast.. I have the auto with 265's and its slow as phuck. I would just regear
Old 12-18-2012, 09:08 AM   #1610
disc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

my setup feels fine with good MPGs, i have light 245/75s
Old 12-18-2012, 09:46 AM   #1611

Quote:
Whats your setup?
well i have a 2.5" lift on a RC 2wd 5lug 5spd 4.10s with light aluminum wheels. but it will be the same as a stock height 6lug. key for speed with the 4cyl is to keep the truck, and especially rotating masses, as light as possible.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:46 AM   #1612
It burns when I pee....

ABA180's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't say "fast" but I'm happy with my stock 2.7..I drive over 300 miles a week so keeping fuel in the tank is more my need than speed. Down the road I wouldn't mind waking it up a bit..what would people say is a good way to get a little extra HP?
Old 12-18-2012, 10:07 AM   #1613
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Can someone put their truck into 4 lo . Does the vsc light come on or auto LSD
Old 12-18-2012, 11:12 AM   #1614

Quote:
Im already a lifted 6 lug. Im going lowered now. Im just tryin to see how much its gonna cost and what the perormance is like on em
Lowered like back to stock?
Old 12-18-2012, 11:44 AM   #1615
Kavik
Kavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rylan
Kavik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No like lowered. I have all stock parts but im more into the street scene So i wanna go lower and have some stance.
I have some 2" drop blocks that you could start with that came off when I put on my 3" drops. Take a look over at the street truck section, the first two threads are loaded with info.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:51 AM   #1616
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No like lowered. I have all stock parts but im more into the street scene So i wanna go lower and have some stance.
LOL . FFS
Old 12-18-2012, 12:09 PM   #1617

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavik View Post
I have some 2" drop blocks that you could start with that came off when I put on my 3" drops. Take a look over at the street truck section, the first two threads are loaded with info.
he can't use those. he is SOA. IMO sell the 6lug and get a 5lug its geared right, lighter, and cheaper. easier to lower too.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:55 PM   #1618
Kavik
Kavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shedKavik is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rylan
Kavik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Nahh keeping the truck forever. Gonna keep all the lift parts so if i ever wanna go wheeling i can lift it again. Pretty much looking to buy a lowering kit to use during winter/fall. Then il throw my lift and tires back on during summer and beach seasons
That sounds like a plan. I wish I could have the best of both worlds.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:01 PM   #1619
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blang
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
later

http://forums.importtuner.com/

edit:
Quote:
Nahh keeping the truck forever. Gonna keep all the lift parts so if i ever wanna go wheeling i can lift it again. Pretty much looking to buy a lowering kit to use during winter/fall. Then il throw my lift and tires back on during summer and beach seasons
that sounds more like a pain in the ass.. but thats just me. i know i wouldnt wanna be doing that for each season.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:20 PM   #1620

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacokid09 View Post
later

http://forums.importtuner.com/

edit:

that sounds more like a pain in the ass.. but thats just me. i know i wouldnt wanna be doing that for each season.
sounds like a lot of effort. i mean unless youre made of money, invest your work into something more useful. no offense.

Products Discussed in this Thread