TACO GOVERNED AT 98?? WTF

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 02:18 PM   #1
ArmyTacoGuy is on a distinguished road

Army: Bravo 3/116FA FLNG
Name: Jacob
ArmyTacoGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Unhappy TACO GOVERNED AT 98?? WTF

i was driving back today from Fort Myers and had my buddy in the truck, we got an opening on i-75 and he said punch lets see how fast the 4 banger will go and i hit 98 and she just stayed there? is there a way to remove the govern or get it to be able to go over 100? or should it be able to stock or what?

Old 01-12-2012, 02:22 PM   #2
That Guy
CaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shed
CaptainFun's Tacoma Gallery
Taboo topic bud. This won't last long.

Old 01-12-2012, 02:23 PM   #3
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery

Old 01-12-2012, 02:24 PM   #4
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve o 77 View Post
WHAT HE SAID!!! ^^^

Old 01-12-2012, 02:24 PM   #6
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

read
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sit...e-conduct.html

Old 01-12-2012, 02:24 PM   #7
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
ibtl
AND HIM^^^!!

Old 01-12-2012, 02:26 PM   #8
I'm a zit. Get it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyTacoGuy View Post
i was driving back today from Fort Myers and had my buddy in the truck, we got an opening on i-75 and he said punch lets see how fast the 4 banger will go and i hit 98 and she just stayed there? is there a way to remove the govern or get it to be able to go over 100? or should it be able to stock or what?
but on the real (before this gets locked), maybe you should just happen to go out to a legal raceway right now, and just happen to get the exact same results as you just had on the public highway, and you just happened to come back in a few minutes and make a thread about it, you could probably get some answers without your thread being locked.

but maybe it's just all the 2.7's got in her.

Old 01-12-2012, 02:28 PM   #9
braaap

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwheeler17 View Post
but on the real (before this gets locked), maybe you should just happen to go out to a legal raceway right now, and just happen to get the exact same results as you just had on the public highway, and you just happened to come back in a few minutes and make a thread about it, you could probably get some answers without your thread being locked.

but maybe it's just all the 2.7's got in her.
no way it will do well over 100 without a governor.

On a closed course though.

Old 01-12-2012, 02:28 PM   #10
That Guy
CaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaptainFun is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Aside from being highly illegal. These trucks are not designed for racing let alone being able to perform emergency maneuvers at those speeds.

Are your tires even rated for triple digit speeds?

Either way, grow up Peter Pan.

Old 01-12-2012, 02:29 PM   #11
I'm a zit. Get it?

Quote:
no way it will do well over 100 without a governor.

On a closed course though.
hmmm. i figured it would, but i don't know anything about disabbling a governor so that's all i had to contribute

Old 01-12-2012, 02:30 PM   #12
braaap

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwheeler17 View Post
hmmm. i figured it would, but i don't know anything about disabbling a governor so that's all i had to contribute
well there's no point in disabling it. Like said above, driving a truck at those speeds is completely stupid and dangerous.

Old 01-12-2012, 02:31 PM   #13
That Guy
Quote:
well there's no point in disabling it. Like said above, driving a truck at those speeds is completely stupid and dangerous.
This.

Besides is a 4 cylinder engine pushing a 2 ton brick... What did you expect?

Old 01-12-2012, 02:32 PM   #14
I'm a zit. Get it?

Quote:
true. hypothetically speaking i got my 4.0 up to 115 on an abandoned stretch of highway (before i bought it ) and it felt like it had a little more to give. hypothetically of course.

but i don't do the stupid shit i did in high school anymore so as long as it gets to 80mph im happy.

Old 01-12-2012, 02:40 PM   #16
That Guy
Mods in 3... 2... 1...

Old 01-12-2012, 02:51 PM   #18
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
as others said, against forum rules.

Closed Thread