Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

HELP. Spacer lowered my truck

Old 01-20-2012, 01:04 PM   #21
ArmyTacoGuy is on a distinguished road

Army: Bravo 3/116FA FLNG
Name: Jacob
ArmyTacoGuy's Tacoma Gallery
the shackles work nice i got a buddy with a first gen who did but has better shocks put on it, and he paid like 650 for the front end tho got the kit crap but i know theres ways to get the same thing for less
Old 01-20-2012, 01:11 PM   #22
She's got the jimmy legs
Toyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Toyotacrawler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicNac22 View Post
you should never go the cheap way, its cheap now, but expensive in the long run, the other guys might have better advise, i would have waited till it can be done right. GL
X2, I put a spacer lift on the 2001 Tacoma 4X4 I used to own because I wanted a lift and didn't have the money for a toytec lift or any other brand. I was busting cv boots at a rate of 1 a month. Spend the money, do it right the first time, and you will be happy in the long run. Just my $0.02. I learned the hard way.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:31 PM   #24
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
the stock shackles are upside down. how did you get around that???
Old 01-20-2012, 04:36 PM   #25
welcome to the incredibuild
Twistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Twistedfreedom's Tacoma Gallery
this is going to be interesting
Old 01-20-2012, 04:39 PM   #26
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-20-2012, 04:42 PM   #27
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
you really need these...my advice is to do it right the first time

http://fatbobsgarage.com/i-7254253-t...2005-2011.html

http://fatbobsgarage.com/i-6785101-t...2005-2011.html
Old 01-20-2012, 04:46 PM   #28
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kinkrider101's Tacoma Gallery
You can't lift it 5" can you? Unless you get some long travel.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:11 PM   #29
Hummingbird
Foihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shedFoihdzas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Danny
Foihdzas's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoytoda View Post
the stock shackles are upside down. how did you get around that???
Front shackle is above the frame, rear is like a "normal" shackle i think.... i could be wrong.... but if he achieved 4" of lift using a regular shackle, must be true ... truly dumb...
Old 01-20-2012, 06:49 PM   #30
fsusteve is on a distinguished road
Name: Steve
fsusteve's Tacoma Gallery
I would think that much extension may require shims but I could be wrong there. AAL's and a decent spacer for the front would really be cheap but you'll need shocks or the ride will be crap.
Old 01-21-2012, 01:05 AM   #31

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foihdzas View Post
Front shackle is above the frame, rear is like a "normal" shackle i think.... i could be wrong.... but if he achieved 4" of lift using a regular shackle, must be true ... truly dumb...

there is no front shackle. the front is a pivot mount. the rear shackle is up side down so a longer shackle will lower the rear. the only way he could have done it was to put the shackle on the outside of the hanger...
Old 01-21-2012, 01:14 AM   #32
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
This.
Old 01-21-2012, 01:16 AM   #33
Self Proclaimed first gen expert :doh:
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Greensystemsgo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyTacoGuy View Post
the shackles work nice i got a buddy with a first gen who did but has better shocks put on it, and he paid like 650 for the front end tho got the kit crap but i know theres ways to get the same thing for less
were telling you what youve done is not safe. or recommended. if you want lift, do it proper, at bare minimum procrap or fabshit lift, or a decent midtravelsetup at 3 inches, or long travel. those blocks and your ghetto shackle extender is crap and i wouldnt trust it, especially with my life. doesnt matter what your buddy has or does. there is thousands of people here that will tell you what your doing is a BAD idea.

and finally, see bold. if you know, then why are you asking us?

/rant.
Old 01-21-2012, 01:20 AM   #34

Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
the thing is a 1st gen has normal shackles so a shackle lift is fine...

if you put the shackle on the outside of the perch to make it point down that has to be the most unsafe, craziest shit ive seen on here in a while... we really need to see pics because you could kill somebody but if you figured out a new way to shackle lift a 2nd gen without a flip kit, i wanna do it too
Old 01-21-2012, 10:09 AM   #36
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyTacoGuy View Post
this the only one i got right now, but u can see i just droppes the rear end completely and the bolted it to the schackles not hard only took bout an hour and shackles $20 for total
Moar.
Old 01-21-2012, 11:52 AM   #37
Thorpedo26 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brandon Thorpe
Thorpedo26's Tacoma Gallery
houston we have a problem.

i got four new bilsteins for better ride quality, a new aal for the rear and a 3 inch spacer for the front of my 5 lug for less then $450. i since catastrophic failure soon. but if it works out toats ma'goats.
Old 06-02-2012, 05:57 PM   #39
I'm not 4x4, and have an open diff. So i'm 4x1
Johns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJohns Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Johns Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelson View Post
i has a sneaking suspicion this lift was brought to you by the Home Depot.
Yep. OP how's the ACME lift working out for ya? You still alive?

Old 06-05-2012, 12:09 AM   #40
n0ms is on a distinguished road
Name: Angel
n0ms's Tacoma Gallery
He didn't want to hear it anymore.
That poor truck .