Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Just pulled the trigger on an LC Engineering header 2trfe

Old 01-28-2012, 01:44 PM   #1
Yes
rjg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RJ
rjg's Tacoma Gallery
Just pulled the trigger on an LC Engineering header

After reading the majority of positive reviews, I finally ordered a new LCE 2nd generation header. It's only money right?
Old 01-28-2012, 08:02 PM   #2
Yes
rjg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrjg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rjg's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks to everyone and their information. I hope to put it on by next week and post results.
Old 01-29-2012, 06:48 AM   #3
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:06 AM   #4
tacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alex
tacomalex's Tacoma Gallery
You won't be disappointed.

The hardest time I had installing them was just having to reach in at weird angles with a wrench to tighten all the bolts. Other than that it's cake.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:42 AM   #5
Yes

rjg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomalex View Post
You won't be disappointed.

The hardest time I had installing them was just having to reach in at weird angles with a wrench to tighten all the bolts. Other than that it's cake.

Thanks for the info. I hope to run several tanks of gas thru it to see what kind of MPG I get. Plus any changes in my commute on hills.
Old 01-29-2012, 08:40 AM   #6
tacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomalex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Alex
tacomalex's Tacoma Gallery
I would give you some numbers if I could.. But with the way I drive and all the extra weight/bigger tires I just like to keep myself in the dark..
Old 01-31-2012, 08:36 PM   #7
Midway is a jewel in the roughMidway is a jewel in the roughMidway is a jewel in the roughMidway is a jewel in the rough
Name: Brandon
Midway's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

You'll love them! I've had mine for a few months and very happy with the results.

Old 02-01-2012, 06:25 AM   #8
Yes

rjg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midway View Post
You'll love them! I've had mine for a few months and very happy with the results.

Very nice. Mine will be shipping on Friday. I got a call from them yesterday advising they were just ceramic coating a new batch of them.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:05 AM   #9
Git-r-Done
muleyhunter is on a distinguished road

Name: Trevor
muleyhunter's Tacoma Gallery
good move buddy!
Old 02-08-2012, 01:54 PM   #11
A-TRAC Equipped
speedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
speedydave's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed for updates......
Old 02-08-2012, 09:34 PM   #12
tacOslim is on a distinguished road
Name: jimmy
tacOslim's Tacoma Gallery
these headers are for the 4banger ? how much do they cost ? and what are some other options ?
Old 02-09-2012, 07:01 AM   #13
Yes

rjg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacOslim View Post
these headers are for the 4banger ? how much do they cost ? and what are some other options ?
Yes they are for the 2.7 - (2005-2010). This is the one I ordered:

http://www.lceperformance.com/Street...-p/1041055.htm

And the Doug Thorley:

http://www.lceperformance.com/Doug-T...-p/1046080.htm

Should have mine Friday evening.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:15 AM   #14
danteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud of
danteisme's Tacoma Gallery
are you still running the stock exhaust?
Old 02-09-2012, 07:53 AM   #15
Yes

rjg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by danteisme View Post
are you still running the stock exhaust?
Yes I plan on keeping the original exhaust.
Old 02-11-2012, 02:55 PM   #16
schwegs89 is on a distinguished road

Army: PFC 114th Infantry Charlie Company
Name: Adam
schwegs89's Tacoma Gallery
Hey I see that the headers are for up to a 10. Are their headers out for a 2012 yet? Thank you for your time
Old 02-11-2012, 02:57 PM   #17
Yes

rjg's Tacoma Gallery
I got the header and installed it last evening. It took about 1.5 hours and I didn't run into any problems.

I went for a 3 mile ride right after the install. I noticed an improvement going up an incline from my house. There is no more slight lag shifting into 2nd at 2500. Now I was in 4x4 since we were in the middle of getting snow and this secondary road was snow covered and icy.

Today on my normal commute, again in miserable weather, the truck does pull better on hills. I only have around 25 miles so far. I haven't been able to wind the engine up due to the poor weather. However, I did rev it to 5k and it does have a growl sound at that RPM.

I am going to fill the truck up soon and see what kind of mileage it does on the next tank.

At this point, there is a noticeable improvement at lower RPM's. Looks good so far.

Pic of the installed header:

Pic of the old manifold:

Old 02-11-2012, 02:58 PM   #18
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
How do they sound?
Old 02-11-2012, 03:16 PM   #19
Yes

rjg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigahshark View Post
How do they sound?

I didn't notice much of a difference at idle. I have the factory exhaust and a drop in AFE filter. It does sound good revving.

Quote:
The hardest time I had installing them was just having to reach in at weird angles with a wrench to tighten all the bolts
Yes, the header pipes get in the way of at least 2 studs. An offset 12mm wrench would have helped.
Old 02-11-2012, 04:08 PM   #20
Yes

rjg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by schwegs89 View Post
Hey I see that the headers are for up to a 10. Are their headers out for a 2012 yet? Thank you for your time

Not too sure if there was any change to the 2012. Give LCE a call. They are nice people to talk to.