Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

How does this exhaust sound to you??

Old 12-03-2008, 02:38 PM   #1
Ry1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRy1984 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Machinery Technician
Ry1984's Tacoma Gallery
How does this exhaust sound to you??

Ok so I went to a shop to have my stock muffler replaced. Be honest about this, it won't hurt my feelings I like how it sounds, I didn't want anything crazy, then again how crazy can you get witha 4 banger

http://s474.photobucket.com/albums/r...haust_0001.flv
Old 12-03-2008, 02:41 PM   #2
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Me, I don't really care for it. A little ricey. But hey, it's your truck, if you like it, thats good enough for me.
Old 12-03-2008, 02:48 PM   #3
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Well, it is a four banger. Toyota is a Japanese make, even though manufactured in Mexico.

But yeah, I think it falls in that ricer catagory

Nah, sounds ok. I actually heard a little rumble at idle. Probably sounds better when cruising around, but definately will sound as did when you stomp on it.

To tell you the truth, I have not heard any Taco that sounds like a V8, so take that for what it's worth.

Have fun and enjoy
Old 12-04-2008, 04:36 AM   #4
jrsmokestacks is on a distinguished road

jrsmokestacks's Tacoma Gallery
I had a flowmaster original 40 series on my 2.4 tacoma. Was a good deep sound, not rice until 4000+rpm. But the drone in the cab at highway speeds was enough to go crazy.
Old 12-04-2008, 06:57 PM   #5
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
sounds GREAT. kinda like my jardine.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:04 PM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I think thats a great sound for a 2.7.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:09 PM   #7
dabighi has a little shameless behaviour in the past
dabighi's Tacoma Gallery
ya for a 2.7 not bad at all.i like
Old 01-02-2009, 10:32 AM   #9
spdtaco is on a distinguished road
spdtaco's Tacoma Gallery
kind of a noob here, but i didnt care for it. Sounds too close to my neighbors civic. Im thinking about going for a Flowmaster 40 series in my 2.7.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:41 AM   #10
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Not a big fan of the sound... but it's your truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdtaco View Post
kind of a noob here, but i didnt care for it. Sounds too close to my neighbors civic. Im thinking about going for a Flowmaster 40 series in my 2.7.
see above at post #4 - do you like a droning noise in the cab?
Old 01-02-2009, 10:47 AM   #11
spdtaco is on a distinguished road
spdtaco's Tacoma Gallery
haha, perhaps it's because I'm young, but my music will probably drown out the noise anyway. and also, I usually drive with my windows open a few inches, so wouldn't that at least help to get rid of the dullness of the droning sound?
Old 01-02-2009, 11:05 AM   #12
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
it may, but I suspect that you'll still be able to hear it due to the tone of the exhaust note versus music.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:47 AM   #13
Uncivilized Creations Prez
PrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shedPrezidentRedz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Redz
PrezidentRedz's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to PrezidentRedz
Quote:
Originally Posted by gm3bow View Post
I've had a flowmaster 40 on my 2.7L for about a year and I'm fed up with the in-cab noise. Too loud for me. The outside sound is pretty good though, but i'll be swapping the flow out for a quiet muffler.
The Flowmaster Drones because its a bafle Type Exhaust, the Magnaflow or Borla would sound good!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AfojnGrxxY
Old 02-15-2009, 07:02 PM   #15
This is TW. One never knows what is a joke anymore
beastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeastlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ian
beastlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
you wont be disappointed.
Old 02-15-2009, 07:34 PM   #18
Intentionally cosmetically incorrect.
TacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBow is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
TacoBow's Tacoma Gallery
I think it's kinda tuff to stop that resonation with any 4 popper... altho I will admit that I'm fond of the throatyness (is that a word? LOL) that the beastly taco makes. Ry's sounds a little more sporty... like maybe a fella who would wanna run ya light to light. Smoke 'em if ya gots em!