Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Fuel Filter Location - 2004 Taco 2.7L

Old 02-07-2012, 06:20 PM   #1
scotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scotrinaf's Tacoma Gallery
Fuel Filter Location - 2004 Taco 2.7L

Anyone have a diagram of where the fuel filter is located on this motor? I got up under it and tried tracing the fuel lines from the tank to the motor but with no success...

Pictures would be great, but any information would be appreciated!
Old 02-07-2012, 06:35 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Its under the intake manifold on the driver side....lemmie see if I can find somthing to help
Old 02-07-2012, 06:42 PM   #3
Unprofessional Driver
CUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shedCUtacomaTIGER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

CUtacomaTIGER's Tacoma Gallery
I'd recommend removing front driver side tire to get to it.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:42 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a schematic, with the head, and intake removed: you dont need to remove that stuff to access the filter:

Old 02-08-2012, 04:33 AM   #5
scotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks guys, looks like that is a project for next Saturday!
Old 02-09-2012, 05:11 PM   #6

Thanks for the information guys, was able to get it changed this afternoon... I'm pretty sure it had never been changed... 133,200 miles on truck...

How would I tell if it's the original? It had a Toyota sticker on it...
Old 02-12-2012, 11:44 AM   #7
armyman89 is on a distinguished road
Army: mechanic
Name: mikkel
armyman89's Tacoma Gallery
so removing the driver side tire is the best way to get it off? any tips or tricks on how to get that bugger off would be great guys thanks
Old 02-14-2012, 12:09 AM   #8
1998tacomaowner is on a distinguished road
Name: chris
1998tacomaowner's Tacoma Gallery
dont worry about it its not that bad everyone makes it out to be so hard it took me about 30 min i dident even take the tire off but i think my 3 inch lift helped me a bit some bolts are better to get to them at the top and some from the side hope this helps
Old 02-14-2012, 07:46 AM   #9

I ended up not needing to take the tire off (even though I did), I ended up doing it all from the top side... But, my arms are kind of thin, for a larger person, it might be easier from the bottom side. I found it easier to remove the 2 bolts holding it to the side of the engine block, then put the new one in (make sure it's facing the right way in/out), then put it back on... Too hard to get to the tension bolt that holds it to the bracket.