1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Starting Negotiations?

Discussion in '4 Cylinder' started by TNDrew, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Feb 17, 2012 at 9:40 AM
    CUtacomaTIGER

CUtacomaTIGER Unprofessional Driver

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    '01 4X4 SR5 Chrome Stepside
    Black Wheels Tow Hitch w/4 Pin Weathertech Floor Mats Flowmaster Deck Plate Mod Window Tint Rear Diff Breather Mod Blacked out Badges Window Rain Guards Bed Liner
    if that's the case i'd consider it. but 1800 bucks worth of warranty is quite a bit. doubt that much would go wrong on a tacoma.

also if you get it. if there was something relatively cheap ($100-$300) to fix that went wrong, i'd prob pay out of pocket so you get the 1500 back.

lastly id try to figure out if tsbs are covered under it or not. since there have a been a few on the 2nd gen tacomas and maybe more to come for your model year. tsb i'd think come out early enough that your truck would still likely be under original warranty but maybe not. so if the extended covers it you'd be set.

2. Feb 17, 2012 at 8:38 PM
    TNDrew

TNDrew [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Chattanooga, TN
    Vehicle:
    '12 Reg Cab 4x4 Silver
    WeatherTech DigitalFit Liners, Bench Seat Angle Fixed, Fog Lights (Nokya 2500k HyperYellow bulbs), aFe ProDry drop in, DeeZee bed mat, UWS black low pro tool box, Marathon Seat Covers (ordered should arrive mid-May). iSimple iPod adapter, Blacked out badges, SockMonkey WhiteTail Toyota Horns decal, LED Dome and License Plate Lights (LEDSolutions), Black Headlight Mod,
    Well... Limbaugh Toyota in Birmingham Alabama was close to winning some business... the guy said if i was going to pay my state taxes in tennessee that 19,500 would be a doable sales price... so I asked him if that was my sales price out the door minus the tax or if there were gonna be some other non mentioned fees ... i guess he took offense to this and in his next email told me 24,000 was the best he could do... I already had a quote by him of 22,851 tax tag and title... Dirty business tactic

3. Feb 18, 2012 at 7:38 AM
    wolftree

wolftree Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma 4x4 Regular cab automatic trans,
    Rear Leaf TSB, Bilstein 5100s, extra leaf added
    TNDrew,

The salesman switching around is why I mentioned having them give you the total dollar cost of alll fees, destination, taxes, any options. You want from them ONLY the price it will take for you to take possession of the truck. Example, $22,000 out the door, that is the only number you want to hear.

Do not be afraid of going to the salesmanager and requesting another salesman, if you can't work with one. This does several things, but most of all, it tells the dealer you are serious and you don't want any bullshit. The next salesman will know in advance to talk straight to you.

4. Feb 18, 2012 at 9:01 AM
    TNDrew

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Chattanooga, TN
    Vehicle:
    '12 Reg Cab 4x4 Silver
    WeatherTech DigitalFit Liners, Bench Seat Angle Fixed, Fog Lights (Nokya 2500k HyperYellow bulbs), aFe ProDry drop in, DeeZee bed mat, UWS black low pro tool box, Marathon Seat Covers (ordered should arrive mid-May). iSimple iPod adapter, Blacked out badges, SockMonkey WhiteTail Toyota Horns decal, LED Dome and License Plate Lights (LEDSolutions), Black Headlight Mod,
    Thanks wolf tree,
    I wrote their sales manager and promptly had an email back from the previous salesman apologizing. I sat down last night with a salesman and asked about an upgraded tire and his response was, " my advice would be just to drive the ones on it. because no dealer will upgrade tires. you're just buying 2 sets of tires, might as well drive those for a little while."

5. Feb 19, 2012 at 5:58 AM
    Flyinhigh

Flyinhigh Well-Known Member

Member:
    GA
    Vehicle:
    2018 SR DCSB 4x4
    Drew sorry it took so long to get back to you but I finally returned your
    Pm. Let us know what happens.

6. Feb 20, 2012 at 11:58 AM
    whitetaco2012

whitetaco2012 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    ultracool
    Louisana
    Vehicle:
    2012 super white regular cab I4 4x4
    tint, wet okole seat covers, low profile antenna, sound system, black rims, LEDs, battery, Kn air filter
    I just bought one.

This is just my thoughts but I think its better to do it in person.

Go to the dealership and don't say anything. Go through the song and dance test drive whatever. The sales guy wants to check your credit and that you have a job. He doesn't want to waste time on your cause he working for bread money.

If all is good you get to finance office. Here is where they will try to upsell you everything including extended warranty, road side assistance, payment insurance, gap insurance, tire insurance, mechanical insure. Be strong and just reject everything. This can add thousands to your initial costs. Next know who your financing through and the rate and total amount (bottom line).

Now after they put in all the leg work. Say I don't like the figures and walk.

No if they let you walk your getting their best deal. If they stop you
    and say something like "is there anything we can do to earn your business?"

I think you said you have cash. Tell them I'll give you 20K cash for the truck. Even if they don't accept you can walk and always go in the next day and say you changed your mind and your max is 21 or 22.

7. Feb 20, 2012 at 6:42 PM
    TNDrew

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Chattanooga, TN
    Vehicle:
    '12 Reg Cab 4x4 Silver
    I don't have cash. Im financing through my credit union though and already have the pre approval and everything. so i don't have to deal with going through that there

Products Discussed in

To Top