Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Yellow creamy substace found under oil cap

Old 02-22-2012, 07:42 PM   #1
CATpoweredYota is on a distinguished road
Name: Stevo
CATpoweredYota's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation Yellow creamy substace found under oil cap

I recently bought and put on a K&N cold air intake but the directions didnt call for me to install a PCV valve on the new rubber hose coming from the valve cover to the chrome intake. In conclusion ive drove it in ohio for about a month so far and i recently found a yellow creamy liquid under the oil cap should i install a pcv valve? i know if it doesnt reach operation temp it leaves this under the oil cap think the PCV valve would fix my problem?
Old 02-22-2012, 07:46 PM   #2
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
thats just condensation..The engine isnt reaching op. temp for long enough to burn moisture off. Installing the pcv probably wont help
Old 02-22-2012, 07:59 PM   #4
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaholandho View Post
yogurt
man yogurt
Old 02-22-2012, 09:20 PM   #5
CATpoweredYota is on a distinguished road
Name: Stevo
CATpoweredYota's Tacoma Gallery
So just get the truck to operating temp and dont put a PCV valve in the line
Old 02-23-2012, 12:12 AM   #6
MountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
MountainEarth's Tacoma Gallery
Someone spooged in your fill tube. Ewww.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:13 AM   #7
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
No, his truck just came.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:05 AM   #8
jassco has a spectacular aura aboutjassco has a spectacular aura aboutjassco has a spectacular aura about

jassco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CATpoweredYota View Post
So just get the truck to operating temp and dont put a PCV valve in the line
No, you need to get the truck up to operating temperature and then drive it for more then 15-30 minutes each time(depending on moisture amount) to allow time for moisture to burn off. If you only drive it for 5- 10 miles at a time the moisture cant burn off operating temperature or not. Again this isn't a concern either way, so don't worry about it.

Note: This is perhaps an indicator to change the oil a little more frequently. Shorter trips are harder on engine so shorten the oil change frequency to match. This won't get rid of the substance though.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:09 AM   #9
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
It's totaled.

P.S. - Your K&N intake isn't a cold air intake.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:10 AM   #10
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Your truck is going to explode. Stop on the side of the road and immediately turn it off.

Water in your oil is a big problem
Old 02-23-2012, 09:11 AM   #11
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
It's totaled.

P.S. - Your K&N intake isn't a cold air intake.

lolz....at "cold air" warm air intakes
Old 02-02-2013, 05:21 AM   #12
LDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shedLDurchy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LDurchy's Tacoma Gallery
The white substance is similar to mayonaise. Moisture condenses in your crankcase. The running engine with crankcase oil is like a food mixer and produces the white substance. The above comments about getting up to full, normal, engine temperature are correct. Sometimes I just enjoy a drive in my pickup extending some around town errands. Enjoy your truck.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:37 PM   #13
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
lolz....at "cold air" warm air intakes
Agree. People are finally starting to catch on these CAIs do nothing. Often make the intake air warmer.

A snorkel is the closest thing you'll get to a true cold air intake. Short of cooled intake piping.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:41 PM   #14
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDurchy View Post
The white substance is similar to mayonaise. Moisture condenses in your crankcase. The running engine with crankcase oil is like a food mixer and produces the white substance. The above comments about getting up to full, normal, engine temperature are correct. Sometimes I just enjoy a drive in my pickup extending some around town errands. Enjoy your truck.
This and the other comments about not getting the truck up to temperature are not accurate. I've noticed that yellow creamy crap on my filler neck for the last few oil changes now. I've always had it, but the last 3 changes have been a lot worse. I drive 25 miles each way to work every day and do very, very, very few short trips. It may be condensation, but the cure is not getting the truck up to temperature.