Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Fast Taco

Old 02-23-2012, 05:28 AM   #1
apiag671 is on a distinguished road
apiag671's Tacoma Gallery
Fast Taco

I wanted to find out what I could do to my 2010 4cyl Taco to make it a speed demon? Turbo, intake, blowback valves (for the cool ass sound), etc....
Old 02-24-2012, 07:00 AM   #3
You don't belong on this sentence. I was asking for some positive feedback.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:26 AM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpedo26 View Post
4cyl truck and speed demon dont belong in the same sentence
x2, you bought a pickup truck with a small engine and expect it to be fast?? Maybe you should have purchased the X-runner or a sports car instead...

A turbo will help your cause but if you want a speed demon, you started with the wrong base vehicle.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:38 AM   #5
Darthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Darthyota's Tacoma Gallery
its funny cause many a 4cyl turbo tacoma is faster then an x-runner an you can always do all the suspension an brake mods to a 4 cyl 5 lug that you can do to the x-runner so you would have a lighter better handling truck then the x-runner not to mention better balance and power to weight ratio. hell i think even the "x" brace that makes an x-runner an x-runner will bolt up same with the front braces
Old 02-24-2012, 06:21 PM   #6
scotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shedscotrinaf is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scotrinaf's Tacoma Gallery
Just curious, but why turn a 4 cylinder into a "racer", isn't the point of the 4 cylinder to get better gas mileage?
Old 02-24-2012, 06:31 PM   #7
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
I-4 Engine, get your local shop to make you custom headers, slap on a turbo and you're set
Old 02-25-2012, 12:55 AM   #9
Darthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedDarthyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Darthyota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotrinaf View Post
Just curious, but why turn a 4 cylinder into a "racer", isn't the point of the 4 cylinder to get better gas mileage?
Why not have both? If you can keep your foot light even with a turbocharger or supercharger you will still get good milage usually better then n/a but only if you dont mash the gas every chance you get
Old 02-25-2012, 01:26 AM   #10
Foward momentum
tx novice is on a distinguished road

Name: Ron
tx novice's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthyota View Post
its funny cause many a 4cyl turbo tacoma is faster then an x-runner an you can always do all the suspension an brake mods to a 4 cyl 5 lug that you can do to the x-runner so you would have a lighter better handling truck then the x-runner not to mention better balance and power to weight ratio. hell i think even the "x" brace that makes an x-runner an x-runner will bolt up same with the front braces
Faster than a NA x-runner only . Not a blown one ! The x-brace will also fit a pre-runner
Old 02-25-2012, 08:35 AM   #11
01TacoBuz has a brilliant future01TacoBuz has a brilliant future01TacoBuz has a brilliant future01TacoBuz has a brilliant future01TacoBuz has a brilliant future01TacoBuz has a brilliant future01TacoBuz has a brilliant future01TacoBuz has a brilliant future01TacoBuz has a brilliant future01TacoBuz has a brilliant future01TacoBuz has a brilliant future

01TacoBuz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpedo26 View Post
4cyl truck and speed demon dont belong in the same sentence

Anyone can go fast long as they have the cash to do what is needed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nREp8zOiVV0
Old 02-25-2012, 08:42 AM   #12
Thorpedo26 is on a distinguished road

Name: Brandon Thorpe
Thorpedo26's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by apiag671 View Post
You don't belong on this sentence. I was asking for some positive feedback.
just saying its kinda redundant to mod the 4 to out quick a 6 or 8. However if I plan to keep my 4 cyl forever I may look into some type of future turbo diesel. If it becomes a LTtoy truck
Old 02-25-2012, 08:47 AM   #13
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery
Probably thinking of all the 4cyl Vtec type racers. Can be done.
Old 02-25-2012, 02:18 PM   #14
Thanks for the feedback guys!
Old 02-26-2012, 02:59 AM   #15
Taco noob
.28 is on a distinguished road

Name: miguel
.28's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to .28
This would probably be a good start..

http://www.urdusa.com/Forced-Inducti...duct_info.html