Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

Cleaning parts?

Old 12-09-2008, 05:22 PM   #1
Noobatized is on a distinguished road
Noobatized's Tacoma Gallery
Cleaning parts?

Can you clean the O2 sensor,cat,MAF with chemicals to make them work better?If so what chemicals?
Old 12-09-2008, 05:29 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noobatized View Post
Can you clean the O2 sensor,cat,MAF with chemicals to make them work better?If so what chemicals?
i wouldnt mess with the o2 sensors or the catalytic converter............too much chance in messing them up, even if a product says its ok for them. the maf sensor.....you can use an electronics cleaner/electronic contact cleaner.......works pretty good. i use qd electronic cleaner made by crc. and for the throttle body..........i use seafoam deep creep.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:30 PM   #3
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
i wouldnt mess with the o2 sensors or the catalytic converter............too much chance in messing them up, even if a product says its ok for them. the maf sensor.....you can use an electronics cleaner/electronic contact cleaner.......works pretty good. i use qd electronic cleaner made by crc. and for the throttle body..........i use seafoam deep creep.

X2 on all that. don't mess with the O2 sensors. they're expensive.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:58 PM   #4
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
There's a cleaner made by CRC specifically for MAFs. Don't mess with the O2 sensor, if you are, just go ahead and replace it instead.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:00 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
There's a cleaner made by CRC specifically for MAFs. Don't mess with the O2 sensor, if you are, just go ahead and replace it instead.
true....they have a maf sensor cleaner, and the elec. contact cleaner. i have used both without any problems.