Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

newbie here with header question

Old 12-10-2008, 07:14 PM   #1
hondarida122 is on a distinguished road
hondarida122's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation newbie here with header question

I have a stock 08 tacoma 2.7l 4 cylinder. I just bought a K&N intake and magnaflow catback exhaust plus a urd short shift kit. I was wondering how much more power can you expect from Doug thorley's header and how hard is installation. I'm not going to bolt up the exhaust until I make up my mind on what to do. Thanks
Old 12-10-2008, 07:16 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondarida122 View Post
I have a stock 08 tacoma 2.7l 4 cylinder. I just bought a K&N intake and magnaflow catback exhaust plus a urd short shift kit. I was wondering how much more power can you expect from Doug thorley's header and how hard is installation. I'm not going to bolt up the exhaust until I make up my mind on what to do. Thanks
you should get a fair amount of power from the header, and since its a 4 banger, install shouldnt be too bad either!
Old 12-11-2008, 07:00 AM   #3
Dafuq
Who Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ricky
Who Dat Popcorn's Tacoma Gallery
You should see a 12hp and 11tq increase.

Old 12-11-2008, 08:11 AM   #4
hondarida122 is on a distinguished road
hondarida122's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation

thanks a bunch it's on the way .
Old 12-12-2008, 06:57 PM   #5
Railwayrog is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: Retired Chief Electricians Mate
Railwayrog's Tacoma Gallery
I just installed DT headers I bought off this board. Not tough if your mechanically incline.
Don't reuse the stock bolt/spring set up like I did (hardware didn't come with it). You'll have to buy nuts and bolts for the header to bolt up to the middle pipe flange.
Good Luck
Roger
Old 12-13-2008, 10:25 AM   #6
Zebra is on a distinguished road

Zebra's Tacoma Gallery
so where do i get the new bolts and what size bolts do i need?
Old 12-13-2008, 11:32 AM   #8
Zebra is on a distinguished road

Zebra's Tacoma Gallery
do these bolts need to be torqued?
Old 12-13-2008, 12:05 PM   #9
Railwayrog is on a distinguished road
Coast Guard: Retired Chief Electricians Mate
Railwayrog's Tacoma Gallery
I tried on the different Taco boards for a list of torque specs, no luck.
With that size stainless nut and bolt you can tighten it nice and tight, I might have used lock washers in addition to the flat washers I used.
I worry about torque settings too, especially on my dirt bike (I have a list of torque specs. for the dirt bike).
Old 12-13-2008, 01:59 PM   #10
Dafuq
Who Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shedWho Dat Popcorn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ricky
Who Dat Popcorn's Tacoma Gallery
If you bought it from URD, the header will come with bolts required for the header, you dont need to buy them.