Old 03-05-2012, 08:23 AM   #1
2.7bluetaco is on a distinguished road
Name: jacob
2.7bluetaco's Tacoma Gallery
fender flares

Should I take off my stock fender flares? Wonder how it looks
Old 03-05-2012, 08:31 AM   #2
If i asked my dad for money, He'd knock me out
Bfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Bfoster133's Tacoma Gallery
Old 03-05-2012, 09:36 AM   #3
friction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shed

friction's Tacoma Gallery
Look at especk's build:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...b-ome-4x4.html
Old 03-05-2012, 09:39 AM   #4
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
You will have holes in your fenders. There are about 8 clips per flare that go in holes in the fender to secure the flare.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:43 AM   #5
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.7bluetaco View Post
Should I take off my stock fender flares? Wonder how it looks
Why?
Old 03-05-2012, 10:32 AM   #6
Clearance issues I did it anyway. It actually looks sick. 33s r sticking out now
Old 03-05-2012, 10:36 AM   #7
friction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shed

You just did it in the last 2 hours?
Old 03-05-2012, 10:37 AM   #8
Yep looks good
Old 03-05-2012, 10:43 AM   #9

Pics sir.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:44 AM   #10
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.7bluetaco View Post
Clearance issues I did it anyway. It actually looks sick. 33s r sticking out now
I wondered because your profile says you have 265/70/16s.
So what did you get, & where are the pics?
Old 03-05-2012, 11:07 AM   #11
give me a min or 2 n il get some pics posted
Old 03-05-2012, 11:34 AM   #12
Talking

front view
Old 03-05-2012, 11:35 AM   #13
i cant get it to post but ul just have to trust it looks good lol
Old 03-05-2012, 11:41 AM   #14
Longtime Toyman

Some custom cut fender flares to fit 35"s
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
The flares were modified by a body shop. They took 2" out of them. It basically involves cutting them, then patching the pieces together and filling in the gaps, then gluing them with a high strength adhesive. The product my guy used was a 3M something or other. It's about 150 a tube and he used a few tubes. It also cures pretty fast so you have to have a special pneumatic gun and know what you're doing.
I traveled about an hour each way to get them done. Made the drive a few times. With the cost of the flares, 600, gas and random crap (clips, paint, glue, epoxy, angle grinder, cut off wheels) it was probably closer to 700+.
The tabs for the clips and the spacer things are really hard to get right. They accidently knocked off a few so I epoxied them back on. The fronts are about perfect. The rears have a gap so the rubber seal/strip deal has a gap. It looked like shit close up so I got a tube of black silicone and went to town. I just painted it all so I'm gonna pull off all the tape and plastic and check it out tomorrow. It won't look as good and clean as the factory lines but I'm hoping it's better than the gap.
These were there first set and I don't blame them. I doubt the other guys on here who have similar fenders have the same problem.
As I know of currently, Max (theduck911), Eric (relentlesstaco) Anton(all.on.black) and n0rth have these types of fenders along with me. I believe the guy who did theirs doesn't anymore, with the exception of maybe n0rth. The guy who did mine said he'd do others but he'd charge more now that he's done mine.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:14 PM   #15
Saweeeeet