Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

4 cyl advantages?

Old 03-11-2012, 04:02 PM   #21
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by especk View Post
u can be really hard on the skinny pedal and dont need to worry about breaking driveline components!

And for those of u with 33s... get 4.88s
Referring more to longevity of trans and such
Old 03-19-2012, 12:09 PM   #22
wags is on a distinguished road
wags's Tacoma Gallery
Overall lower costs to operate. Period.
Old 03-19-2012, 12:35 PM   #23
Team 4Runner
wesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wes
wesrunner's Tacoma Gallery
You only have to buy 4 spark plugs at a time!
Old 03-21-2012, 12:50 AM   #24
I LOVE MY TACOMA!
AnJ is on a distinguished road
AnJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesrunner View Post
You only have to buy 4 spark plugs at a time!
Good point! Haha!
Old 03-25-2012, 09:19 PM   #25
Manual Transmission Enthusiast
TacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
TacomaBuzz's Tacoma Gallery
First time around, I bought into the typical v6 4x4 fanboy superiority attitude discrediting the 4 cyl. second time around, I used my head and got the 4cyl 5 lug because I don't off road , commute over 400 miles a week, and use my truck for home improvement and recreational use only. The 4cyl requires less spark plugs, longer intervals, less oil, better Mpg's and reliable as hell. Honestly there's nothing that I dislike. Gas prices are only headed in one direction.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:25 PM   #26
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed

worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaBuzz View Post
First time around, I bought into the typical v6 4x4 fanboy superiority attitude discrediting the 4 cyl. second time around, I used my head and got the 4cyl 5 lug because I don't off road , commute over 400 miles a week, and use my truck for home improvement and recreational use only. The 4cyl requires less spark plugs, longer intervals, less oil, better Mpg's and reliable as hell. Honestly there's nothing that I dislike. Gas prices are only headed in one direction.
Congratulations, smart decision.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:29 PM   #27
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
I have a v6 manual trans and wish I had gotten the 4cyl.

There, I said it. Someone quote this, you won't hear it everyday.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:30 PM   #28
MadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant futureMadTaco461 has a brilliant future

Name: Mike
MadTaco461's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by especk View Post
u can be really hard on the skinny pedal and dont need to worry about breaking driveline components!

And for those of u with 33s... get 4.88s
Unless you are a 5 lug first gen.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:32 PM   #29
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
I have a v6 manual trans and wish I had gotten the 4cyl.

There, I said it. Someone quote this, you won't hear it everyday.
Another great reason, the 6-speed stick is poorly gear both low and high among other complaints, while the 5-speed stick on the 2.7l is a proven winner.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:38 PM   #30
TacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthywads View Post
Another great reason, the 6-speed stick is poorly gear both low and high among other complaints, while the 5-speed stick on the 2.7l is a proven winner.
I can't understand why so many people claim the 5 speed manual transmission is clunky. Sure it was clunky at first, but now I can shift smoothly even going from 1st to 2nd. it's a learning curve and just takes a little practice to learn the right technique.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:58 PM   #31
I LOVE MY TACOMA!
AnJ is on a distinguished road
AnJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaBuzz View Post
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So far I'm loving everything about my 4cyl.
Old 03-25-2012, 11:18 PM   #32
shit happens then you die
jobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shedjobrien is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Josh
jobrien's Tacoma Gallery
Only complaint is the tranny should've gotten a 5 speed
Old 03-26-2012, 03:28 PM   #33
Landscape Photographer
harleyg has a spectacular aura aboutharleyg has a spectacular aura aboutharleyg has a spectacular aura about

Name: Harley
harleyg's Tacoma Gallery
I got the auto PreRunner and have been extremely happy with my truck. No regrets about not going with the 6. I commute 75 miles per day and the mileage counts. While the 4 does not throw me back in the seat, it has far more power than I expected when I bought it. I have driven it high into the Sierra without issues. I am very satisfied with my choice.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:39 PM   #34
adrstout is on a distinguished road

Name: Adam
adrstout's Tacoma Gallery
I have the 4 speed auto in an AC 4x4. It moves along just fine. Do I think a 4 speed auto is kind of pitiful these days? Yes. 5 forward gears should be the minimum. But, honestly, I really don't have any complaints. It keeps me in the right part of the power band 99% of the time.

20+ MPG in a 4 wheel drive is awesome too.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:46 PM   #35
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
The best engine that I have ever seen was a Toyota 4 cylinder ... the old 22R.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:51 PM   #36
The only easy day was yesterday
West31 is on a distinguished road

Name: Westin
West31's Tacoma Gallery
I would say if your getting the 4cyl like me put in a new performance ship which can add on some more hp and torque. Overall if your not hauling or anything the chip can increase a mile or two per gallon and with prices these days it pays itself. http://www.ebay.com/itm/380266158876...84.m1423.l2649
Old 03-26-2012, 04:30 PM   #37
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by West31 View Post
I would say if your getting the 4cyl like me put in a new performance ship which can add on some more hp and torque. Overall if your not hauling or anything the chip can increase a mile or two per gallon and with prices these days it pays itself. http://www.ebay.com/itm/380266158876...84.m1423.l2649
Serious post or a joke?
Old 03-26-2012, 06:02 PM   #38

Quote:
Not to ruin your post man but those chips don't do shit for performance. just a gimmick. you can squeeze out a tiny bit more power with an AFE pro dry air filter and removing the secondary air filter.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:11 PM   #39

Quote:
Total bullshit dude.
Old 03-26-2012, 06:42 PM   #40
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Those chips only work when you pair three of them together.