Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

NO MORE LCE HEADERS!!! WTF

Old 03-13-2012, 06:28 PM   #1
treadway47025 is on a distinguished road
treadway47025's Tacoma Gallery
NO MORE LCE HEADERS!!! WTF

I tried to get a LCE header and got an email response saying they no longer will be making them. WTF!!!!
Old 03-14-2012, 05:54 AM   #3
Team 4Runner
wesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedwesrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wes
wesrunner's Tacoma Gallery
What!!? Just for the 2TR or are us 3RZ guys screwed too?
Old 03-16-2012, 06:14 AM   #4
Fresh Taco is on a distinguished road

Name: Craig
Fresh Taco's Tacoma Gallery
That sucks. I just got mine in the mail last week and put it in on Monday, noticeable difference in power. Glad I got my hands on one of the last
Old 03-16-2012, 10:28 AM   #5
Huntr Pat is on a distinguished road

Army: Retired Flight Engineer
Huntr Pat's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Huntr Pat
what else fits and calif legal?
Old 03-16-2012, 10:31 AM   #6
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntr Pat View Post
what else fits and calif legal?
Thorley . I don't think lce was ever Cali legal . And does this really need to be a thread . Get over it .
Old 03-16-2012, 10:34 AM   #7
Huntr Pat is on a distinguished road

Army: Retired Flight Engineer
Huntr Pat's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Huntr Pat
there is a thread on header in the 1st gen a guy installed the lce. or google lce. I just read something on it.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:58 PM   #9
Grab your helmet, this shits about to get retarded
BlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
BlackSeven's Tacoma Gallery
I got a call from Mike shortly after I ordered, it is discontinued, I followed a link out of the DT vs LCE header thread and ended up being able to order it, but it shouldn't actually show up on their website anymore.

He said they're loosing money on the header. I guess they could just raise the price but I think the lesson here is that even if they raised the price people would just go with the doug thorley anyway. Sucks. It seems like the dyno results all showed the LCE was a slightly better header.
Old 03-19-2012, 10:02 PM   #10
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
LCE is cali legal
Old 03-28-2012, 08:45 PM   #11
Hayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shedHayes is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brandon
Hayes's Tacoma Gallery
Where did you get your doug tho rely header from?
Old 03-28-2012, 10:27 PM   #12
delltron is on a distinguished road
delltron's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayes View Post
Where did you get your doug tho rely header from?

I bought mine at URD
Old 03-28-2012, 10:49 PM   #13
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Do you notice power increase with the header ?
Old 03-29-2012, 07:36 AM   #14
delltron is on a distinguished road
delltron's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Do you notice power increase with the header ?
I just installed mine about two weeks ago. So far I am happy with it. I do notice a power increase in the lower rpm range. There's more of a kick to my truck now. Not much change in sound though. Now I plan install a cat back exhaust system but I've heard conflicting thoughts on this. Some say it would increase flow but some say the opposite. Anyone have other thoughts on a doug thorley header and cat back installment......
Old 04-06-2012, 02:49 PM   #15
dustball is on a distinguished road
dustball's Tacoma Gallery
Called LCE. they said to email Mike in sales and put in a request for header. Sounds like when they get a list of enough names to make an order, they will do a short production run of them.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:57 PM   #16
Grab your helmet, this shits about to get retarded
BlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackSeven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
BlackSeven's Tacoma Gallery
Every exhaust I've heard for the 4 hanger sounds like crap. I think ill stick with stock.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:22 AM   #17
Ca. legal

California legal is when truck is drained of all fluids, sitting on blocks, bed filled with compost with soybeans growing.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:30 AM   #18
LCE

Mike with LCE said after they discontinued header, they noticed they still had some flanges sitting on shelves for them. I went ahead and prepaid for the header. when they have enough prepaid orders, they will go ahead and make some more until they run out of flanges and that will be it.
Mike said they are at full production making parts for the older toyota engines which is their bread n butter. the 2tr header sounded more like an inconvenience because to produce it, they had to use same production line and stop producing some other popular parts.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:43 PM   #19
DESTROYERRACER is on a distinguished road
DESTROYERRACER's Tacoma Gallery
thats bullshit!they were the superior header in build quality which is super important to alot of us and now we have to settle for other stuff....wish i coulda ordered one before they discontinued them!
Old 04-23-2012, 02:01 PM   #20
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
Lce great quality. Run it with magnaflow muffler and gained top end.