Notices

Just might be getting a Tacoma...again

Old 04-10-2012, 12:22 AM   #61
taco tuesday
squashroll is on a distinguished road

squashroll's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by friction View Post
My 2.7 MT is wound tight as HELL when cruising at 65 to 75 MPH. But I still love it...

Hm, that's no good. how high do the RMPs get at said speeds? Stock gearing and tire size?
Old 04-10-2012, 12:32 AM   #62
taco tuesday

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaBuzz View Post
I have no complaints with the 5-speed manual
Do the rpm's run overly high at highway speeds?
Old 04-10-2012, 06:49 AM   #63
friction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shed

friction's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by squashroll View Post
Hm, that's no good. how high do the RMPs get at said speeds? Stock gearing and tire size?
I'm over 2K @ 60 MPH...I do well around town, but on the Interstate I'm lucky to get 20 MPG.

Everything is stock gearing-wise, but my tires are 265/75/16R. I might considers going back to stock tire size when I'm due for a new set.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:37 AM   #64
Manual Transmission Enthusiast
TacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaBuzz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
TacomaBuzz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Do the rpm's run overly high at highway speeds?
Rpm's are usually around 2K-2500. The 4 cyl's always rev a little higher than a big engine but no worries! My gas mileage is right around 25 Mpg with mixed driving, I'm also running stock tires and it's a 5 Lugger of course.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:46 AM   #65
TacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoDaTugBoat's Tacoma Gallery
My 09 AC 4x4 4 banger gets about 21-22 with me romping on it a good bit. I went up to 265 75 r16's. love this truck.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:55 AM   #66
taco tuesday

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaBuzz View Post
My gas mileage is right around 25 Mpg with mixed driving, I'm also running stock tires and it's a 5 Lugger of course.
Quote:
Originally Posted by friction View Post
I'm over 2K @ 60 MPH...I do well around town, but on the Interstate I'm lucky to get 20 MPG.
Have you guys been over to the '4 bangin, fuel sippin, full tank challenge!' thread?
worthywads, AndrewFalk and others are posting some pretty good mpgs...
Old 04-10-2012, 12:32 PM   #67
TacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDaTugBoat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoDaTugBoat's Tacoma Gallery
Oh, and the 4 banger has a timing chain vs the 6's timing belt. 4 cyl has less lifetime mant too. Stock plugs and wires till 100,000mi! I have comfortably pulled heavy trailers. never weighed them though. guess is at least 3,000lb comfortably.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:43 AM   #68
friction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shed

friction's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Have you guys been over to the '4 bangin, fuel sippin, full tank challenge!' thread?
worthywads, AndrewFalk and others are posting some pretty good mpgs...
Yip yip. I know AndrewFalk has a 5 lug, but his MPGs are amazing. Not complaining as I get pretty good mileage around town, I am just a bit surprised by the HWY miles (worse than city driving unless I go 65 or less on the Interstate).
Old 04-15-2012, 10:24 PM   #69
MotorsportsAustin has a spectacular aura aboutMotorsportsAustin has a spectacular aura aboutMotorsportsAustin has a spectacular aura about
Name: Austin
MotorsportsAustin's Tacoma Gallery
If you get the 6, test drive for sure, especially on uphill or from a dead stop. Make sure it doesn't have the take off to 25 mph vibration (auto or manual). Toyota is reluctant to do anything about the prob. 4 banger with Access cab sounds like a good match up unless you have to have the additional power.