Notices

Fuses help!

Old 03-25-2012, 11:55 AM   #1
ArmyTacoGuy is on a distinguished road

Army: Bravo 3/116FA FLNG
Name: Jacob
ArmyTacoGuy's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation Fuses help!

ok i have a base model regular cab, everyone's familiar.... i have those big rig running lights on the roof, and connected them to my low beam fuse... no issues but heres the thing i want them to be on when my head lights are off, what i mean is when i got those running day lights, the orange bulbs on the outside edge of the headlights or whatever they're called on. i want them on with those, i noticed they are on with head lights low beam and high beam. but i cant find the fuse for them to save my friggin life! can some one please help, or tell me if there is even a fuse for them, and if not how can i wire it to work like that!!!???? much appreciated
Old 03-25-2012, 12:11 PM   #2
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyTacoGuy View Post
ok i have a base model regular cab, everyone's familiar.... i have those big rig running lights on the roof, and connected them to my low beam fuse... no issues but heres the thing i want them to be on when my head lights are off, what i mean is when i got those running day lights, the orange bulbs on the outside edge of the headlights or whatever they're called on. i want them on with those, i noticed they are on with head lights low beam and high beam. but i cant find the fuse for them to save my friggin life! can some one please help, or tell me if there is even a fuse for them, and if not how can i wire it to work like that!!!???? much appreciated
There are "day time running lights" that use the turn signal bulbs that are inboard of the headlights. Those were an option on an 06. Most likely you don't have those. (turn signal bulbs on constant until you turn the signals on, then one bulb flashes while the other side stays constant)

There are also "parking lights" on the outside edge of the headlight assembly. They come on with the tail lights when you turn the headlight switch one click from the off position.

If you want your aftermarket lights on the roof to come on at the first click from the off position on the headlight switch and stay on when you turn the low or high beams on also, you would tap into the "parking light" or "tail light" fuse. Not sure how its marked, but it's located in the fuse panel behind the coin tray to the left of the steering column.
Old 03-25-2012, 09:08 PM   #6
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Let us know when you start blowing fuses or burn your wiring harness out.

I hope you aren't installing larger fuses.
Aux lighting needs to be on it's own fused supply switched by a relay.
You can actuate the relay from your headlights or DRLs or a switch, but running the lights directly is asking for BIG problems.