LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

2.7L Access Cab thread

Old 05-20-2013, 02:09 PM   #181
sumncguy is on a distinguished road
sumncguy's Tacoma Gallery
Im a new guy getting ready to pull the trigger on a 2013 2.7l access cab 4x4 4sp auto. Coming from a Ram 1500 4x2 Hemi. Time to down size for a few reasons. At any rate. Can the folks with a similiar stock setup provide the MPG numbers ?

This is the real reason for the move. 10-13 city and 17-20 on the highway for the Ram if I was nice. Stomping on it in the very least .. sucked it dry.
Old 05-20-2013, 02:30 PM   #182
NorthWoods is a jewel in the roughNorthWoods is a jewel in the roughNorthWoods is a jewel in the rough
NorthWoods's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumncguy View Post
Im a new guy getting ready to pull the trigger on a 2013 2.7l access cab 4x4 4sp auto. Coming from a Ram 1500 4x2 Hemi. Time to down size for a few reasons. At any rate. Can the folks with a similiar stock setup provide the MPG numbers ?

This is the real reason for the move. 10-13 city and 17-20 on the highway for the Ram if I was nice. Stomping on it in the very least .. sucked it dry.
I get 21-22 mpg, most doing 50-60 mpg driving, some 30mph stuff. Only mods are 265/75/16 and a k&n air filter.
Old 05-20-2013, 02:45 PM   #183
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS
allmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gideon
allmotorrex's Tacoma Gallery
I got 25 when my truck was stock with just a drop in filter. That was 70% hwy too. I have 33s now and with a lot of added weight and loss of aero dynamics it put me down to 20. Then I just regeared to 4.88s and it put me back up to 23.5. U can get better then those numbers too cause I drive slowish but I also do 75-80 on the hwy and mostly hwy miles
Old 05-20-2013, 04:31 PM   #184
kcendereurt is on a distinguished road
kcendereurt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I've got a 2012 Taco Access Cab 4x4, 2.7L, MT. Before modest mods my best mileage on the highway was 20 mpg. Now, with ARB front bumper replacement, Bilstein 5100's on the front (set to lift the weight of the ARB bumper), running 245 R16 Hankooks Mud Tires, and very, very modest driving my avg is 17.6 mpg combined, with maybe 18 mpg on the highway. The increase in height dropped my mpg's by minimum 2 mpg. This was expected but, I will trade the 2 mpg's for the comfort of knowing the up front protection is there for deer, raccoons, etc in my path. Overall, the truck is a beast...A slow beast but, at my age, it fits my needs off road and around town. The clutch is another story....Just follow the threads on this site about the clutch.

Lastly, my overall opinion? I would not trade it for my Dodge Cummins diesel I used to have. This thing is built to last 'forever'. I'm very happy with my Taco!
Old 05-20-2013, 09:24 PM   #185
TahoeChris is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahoeChris is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahoeChris is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahoeChris is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahoeChris is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahoeChris is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahoeChris is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahoeChris is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahoeChris is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahoeChris is one of the sharper tools in the shedTahoeChris is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
TahoeChris's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotorrex View Post
Is that stock flex? Truck looks good
No. I have nitro chargers, 885s, and an AAL. Thanks!
Old 05-21-2013, 07:23 AM   #186
TacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jackson
TacomaJack09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

During the winter time I was averaging a measly 19.5 mpg's. Now that the weather has warmed up and the gas has switched I'm getting 22.9 mpg with 80% city/TRAFFIC driving and 20% highway. This is driving modestly through the city and between 55 - 75mph on the hwy but I usually cruise around 65. My truck is completely stock besides some AT's and a cab height camper shell. I usually carry on average 600lbs of camping, fishing, climbing, & kayaking gear with another passenger and a dog. Driving all highway I've gotten in the upper 25's.

I feel pizza cutter tires will bump it up 1-2 mpgs so I can't wait till these AT's burn out.

Hope this helps!

EDIT: I have a 5 speed btw.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:54 AM   #187
092wdtaco is on a distinguished road
Name: Charlie
092wdtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Since everyone has been bugging me to finally put up photos of my 2WD Access Cab... here you go! (Joke) However, it is an excuse to post photos of my little canoeing trip yesterday

My poor pup was underneath it in her kennel, but from all I could tell she was perfectly fine!
Happy Tacoma!
Old 05-21-2013, 04:06 PM   #188
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS
allmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 092wdtaco View Post
Since everyone has been bugging me to finally put up photos of my 2WD Access Cab... here you go! (Joke) However, it is an excuse to post photos of my little canoeing trip yesterday

My poor pup was underneath it in her kennel, but from all I could tell she was perfectly fine!
Happy Tacoma!
damn that lake looks gorgeous
Old 05-22-2013, 01:14 AM   #189
Quote:
damn that lake looks gorgeous
Here's another shot after a short canoe ride

Old 05-22-2013, 10:22 AM   #190
4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future4banger09 has a brilliant future

Name: Alex
4banger09's Tacoma Gallery
Towed 3600 pounds worth of demolished shed to the dump
Old 05-22-2013, 11:24 AM   #191
Papa K is on a distinguished road

Papa K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Happy Tacoma!
Get rid of the coleman and get an Old town canoe
Nice Pics BTW....
Old 05-22-2013, 02:10 PM   #192
KnoxTac0713 is on a distinguished road

Name: Justin
KnoxTac0713's Tacoma Gallery
First post. I miss my 07 2.7 manual AC 4x4 so I want to reminisce and post a pic here. Baby due in a couple of months so my wife "made" me get a DC. Negotiated on some 10's and 11's but dealers are so proud of them I spent a little more and bought a 13. I miss the AC though. It was more fun to drive. Nothing done to the 13 yet. 07 only had 265/70/16 tires (upgrade from stock) and black tail lights.
Attached Thumbnails
2.7L Access Cab thread-07taco1.jpg   2.7L Access Cab thread-07taco2.jpg  
Old 05-22-2013, 03:32 PM   #193
Gus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gus 524's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4banger09 View Post
Towed 3600 pounds worth of demolished shed to the dump
How'd she do?
Old 05-22-2013, 04:07 PM   #194
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnoxTac0713 View Post
First post. I miss my 07 2.7 manual AC 4x4 so I want to reminisce and post a pic here. Baby due in a couple of months so my wife "made" me get a DC. Negotiated on some 10's and 11's but dealers are so proud of them I spent a little more and bought a 13. I miss the AC though. It was more fun to drive. Nothing done to the 13 yet. 07 only had 265/70/16 tires (upgrade from stock) and black tail lights.
I'm new here too. Welcome! Nice looking truck! Saw you're from Knoxville and thought I'd say hey! I'm currently in Oregon but am moving to Nashville here in about 3 weeks. I'm excited to see that side of the country.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:12 PM   #195
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnoxTac0713 View Post
well damn. Is it bad when you go from a 4banger to a v6 and u miss the 4banger!? haha and look at the TN thread

Quote:
I'm new here too. Welcome! Nice looking truck! Saw you're from Knoxville and thought I'd say hey! I'm currently in Oregon but am moving to Nashville here in about 3 weeks. I'm excited to see that side of the country.
Its green ...... and muddy! Nashville aint bad, depends on what part of town. Plenty of offroad parks within 1-3 hours of Nashville
Old 05-22-2013, 05:09 PM   #196
KnoxTac0713 is on a distinguished road

KnoxTac0713's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks for the welcome. Nashville is a really fun town. A lot to do. Bonus if you like country music. Knoxville is a college town. The Vols will be making their way to OR this fall for a game.

Quote:
well damn. Is it bad when you go from a 4banger to a v6 and u miss the 4banger!? haha and look at the TN thread
Thanks again for the welcome. It was fun to drive but I'm quickly becoming accustom to the back up camera and touch screen radio. And blue tooth and steering wheel controls... Maybe I don't miss it as much as I thought. Just can't wait to get new tires. Creeping around the site has also made me want a few other things too.
Old 05-25-2013, 01:23 AM   #197
2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed2007 tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: LEEEEEEROOOYYY JENKINS!
2007 tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Happy Tacoma!
That's awesome. I really like your truck and love it in use.

What did you use to protect the paint from the canoe?
Old 05-25-2013, 01:45 AM   #198
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007 tacoma View Post
That's awesome. I really like your truck and love it in use.

What did you use to protect the paint from the canoe?
Thank you! I just got it a few weeks ago. Haven't done a single thing to it yet. That day I folded a towel over and stuck it right where the canoe would sit before setting it on there. I don't know about the long term use of that how it would hold up, but for a few times I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem. I was told from a friend using pipe insulation around the canoe is a great way to protect the paint.
Old 05-25-2013, 11:14 AM   #199
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS

Quote:
Thank you! I just got it a few weeks ago. Haven't done a single thing to it yet. That day I folded a towel over and stuck it right where the canoe would sit before setting it on there. I don't know about the long term use of that how it would hold up, but for a few times I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem. I was told from a friend using pipe insulation around the canoe is a great way to protect the paint.
That's actually a great idea. It's cheap and u can get it at Home Depot or wherever and it holds up pretty well
Old 05-26-2013, 04:59 AM   #200
Goosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoosedog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Goosedog's Tacoma Gallery
Preaching to the choir

So I was nervous about a 4cyls' power but I pulled the trigger anyway. I had been reading here how Tacoma owners, especially in the mountains, would regret the smaller engine and wish for two more cylinders. I had test driven a V6/auto and was impressed but then I thought thats not what a compact pickup is for. I came off a 4.6L Ford E250 for work and thats what this Taco will replace. I'm not gonna miss the van or its poor milage.

After driving the SR5 around these NC mountain roads all weekend, I couldn't be happier. This thing zips around like a sportscar, climbs dirt like a jeep and hauls everything I want it to...and the gas needle has hardly budged.

I had an '82 Toyota pickup with a 4banger back in the day and loved it, this '06 is the refined evolution. Awesome little truck that more than delivers. Oh and thanks to all you TW guys for this fine site with all its helpful info.

Products Discussed in this Thread