Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

2.7L Access Cab thread

Old 07-08-2013, 01:29 PM   #221
Stormtrooper
KCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: LT
Name: Kyle
KCDuran's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotorrex View Post
Yeah I love having a 4 banger. Of coarse I wouldn't mind more power but like u said, gears helped out a lot and I got full armor, mud tires, 4.88s, and drive 80 on the interstate which is 80% of my driving, and I get 22 mpg. Combine that with the reliability of Toyota 4 bangers and I'm a very happy person
that's awesome! I went from 3.75 to 4.10s... I love my taco haha... Ill go for more power when I really need it or get tired of this one
Old 07-12-2013, 09:28 AM   #222
B.S. Goodwrench
KWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shedKWMF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
KWMF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamA View Post
New wheels and tires...many mods all thanks to this site!
Beautiful Ivans!!!!!

Old 07-12-2013, 01:26 PM   #223
Mega Member
Anteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Name: Andrew
Anteupp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah I love having a 4 banger. Of coarse I wouldn't mind more power but like u said, gears helped out a lot and I got full armor, mud tires, 4.88s, and drive 80 on the interstate which is 80% of my driving, and I get 22 mpg. Combine that with the reliability of Toyota 4 bangers and I'm a very happy person
what rpm's are you seeing with that speed I would of guessed 4.88' would be way over geared for 33's. Im really on the fence of re-gearing and getting 35's right now. trying to get as much research in as possible
Old 07-12-2013, 02:11 PM   #224
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS
allmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gideon
allmotorrex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteupp View Post
what rpm's are you seeing with that speed I would of guessed 4.88' would be way over geared for 33's. Im really on the fence of re-gearing and getting 35's right now. trying to get as much research in as possible
I'll just say that people who complain about reving too high with 4.88s and 33s are either used to driving a 6 speed or don't have 4.88s and 33s. Look at your rpms stock, that's with 4.10s and 31s, and raise them 200 Rpms. That's it. At 70 mph, I'm at 2700. At 80, I'm at 2900. I don't know if people think that's high or not but when its only 200 Rpms more then stock then I guess you need to call stock Rpms high as well. Haha

I'm goin to 35s also but honestly I don't want to. I'm goin to because of the off-road clearance but as far as torque goes, 4.88s and 33s and such a HUGE improvement over stock ratio its crazy. Doing 50 in 5th going up hill I can give it half throttle, i never give it full throttle when I drive cause it doesn't seem to change any, haha, and pull up the hill. The truck literally pulls from 1000 Rpms. I can start from a dead stop in 2nd no problem by just slowly letting out on the clutch. I can drive in 3rd at 20 mph and not shake the whole truck when I give it gas. I can drive at 35 mph in 5th and give it gas and just pull back up to speed. I can go half throttle at 80 mph in 5th and easily speed up to pass someone. I can actually reach the trucks allowable top speed on flat pavement, which I think is like 103.

ALL of these things were not things I could do with 4.10s and 33s. I let my buddy drive my truck shortly after I did the gear change and he said 2 things ........ "Damn your truck is slow." Lol he's used to driving a fixed up s2000. And "But it pulls almost immediately. I think you would beat me if we did a rolling 1000 rpm start."
Old 07-13-2013, 01:15 PM   #225
Mega Member
Anteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Anteupp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'll just say that people who complain about reving too high with 4.88s and 33s are either used to driving a 6 speed or don't have 4.88s and 33s. Look at your rpms stock, that's with 4.10s and 31s, and raise them 200 Rpms. That's it. At 70 mph, I'm at 2700. At 80, I'm at 2900. I don't know if people think that's high or not but when its only 200 Rpms more then stock then I guess you need to call stock Rpms high as well. Haha

I'm goin to 35s also but honestly I don't want to. I'm goin to because of the off-road clearance but as far as torque goes, 4.88s and 33s and such a HUGE improvement over stock ratio its crazy. Doing 50 in 5th going up hill I can give it half throttle, i never give it full throttle when I drive cause it doesn't seem to change any, haha, and pull up the hill. The truck literally pulls from 1000 Rpms. I can start from a dead stop in 2nd no problem by just slowly letting out on the clutch. I can drive in 3rd at 20 mph and not shake the whole truck when I give it gas. I can drive at 35 mph in 5th and give it gas and just pull back up to speed. I can go half throttle at 80 mph in 5th and easily speed up to pass someone. I can actually reach the trucks allowable top speed on flat pavement, which I think is like 103.

ALL of these things were not things I could do with 4.10s and 33s. I let my buddy drive my truck shortly after I did the gear change and he said 2 things ........ "Damn your truck is slow." Lol he's used to driving a fixed up s2000. And "But it pulls almost immediately. I think you would beat me if we did a rolling 1000 rpm start."

that's exactly what I wanted to hear... now the real dillemma is do I wanna drop x amount of cash on gears from ECGS I really realllyyyyyyyyyyyy want to I just don't know whats holding me back. Convince me man!

about how much in all are we talking?

I find it funny that im reluctant to drop cash on such an important issue I have with my truck, yet I have LT front and rear withal the bells and wistles wtf
Old 07-13-2013, 04:10 PM   #226
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS
allmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteupp View Post
that's exactly what I wanted to hear... now the real dillemma is do I wanna drop x amount of cash on gears from ECGS I really realllyyyyyyyyyyyy want to I just don't know whats holding me back. Convince me man!

about how much in all are we talking?

I find it funny that im reluctant to drop cash on such an important issue I have with my truck, yet I have LT front and rear withal the bells and wistles wtf
Are you 2 or 4wd? Using tapatalk so I can't see.

But rear 3rd member is, and don't quote me on this, $625 plus a $275 core charge and front clamshell is $550 plus $400 core charge. So $1850 up front then you get back $675, so $1175 for 4.88s front and back. And here's my sales pitch ...........

You are LT right? So I assume that you try and go fast? Well imagine if you actually could go fast!! Ever hit some whoops and got slowed down a lil bit then dropped a few f bombs cause you couldnt get back up to speed as fast as u wanted!? Ever wished that you didn't have to back up a half mile to get enough speed to hit a jump fast enough to lift the tires an inch of the ground!? Ever get tired of being laughed at because your truck doesn't produce the torque to pull u up a hill from a dead stop!? Well I have the solution for you!!! 4.88 Nitro gears!!

Not only will they give you the torque you crave to keep up your speed while dazzling your friends with death defying, record achieving jump heights but they will also provide you with the warming reassurance that no obstacle is too small and the days of your truck failing you because of having no ass are OVER! You CAN tow that load. You CAN go up a hill on the interstate without having to down shift. You CAN pull your dumbass buddy out of a quicksand pit. None of this is possible without 4.88 gears. Stop holding yourself back. Do you wanna be a slow, torqueless loser your whole life!? NO!!! You're better then those stupid 4.10s! Now go out there and conquer every obstacle that has ever told you no!! This is your DESTINY!!!!!!!
Old 07-13-2013, 04:27 PM   #227
TailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shedTailDrag is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TailDrag's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Are you 2 or 4wd? Using tapatalk so I can't see.

But rear 3rd member is, and don't quote me on this, $625 plus a $275 core charge and front clamshell is $550 plus $400 core charge. So $1850 up front then you get back $675, so $1175 for 4.88s front and back. And here's my sales pitch ...........

You are LT right? So I assume that you try and go fast? Well imagine if you actually could go fast!! Ever hit some whoops and got slowed down a lil bit then dropped a few f bombs cause you couldnt get back up to speed as fast as u wanted!? Ever wished that you didn't have to back up a half mile to get enough speed to hit a jump fast enough to lift the tires an inch of the ground!? Ever get tired of being laughed at because your truck doesn't produce the torque to pull u up a hill from a dead stop!? Well I have the solution for you!!! 4.88 Nitro gears!!

Not only will they give you the torque you crave to keep up your speed while dazzling your friends with death defying, record achieving jump heights but they will also provide you with the warming reassurance that no obstacle is too small and the days of your truck failing you because of having no ass are OVER! You CAN tow that load. You CAN go up a hill on the interstate without having to down shift. You CAN pull your dumbass buddy out of a quicksand pit. None of this is possible without 4.88 gears. Stop holding yourself back. Do you wanna be a slow, torqueless loser your whole life!? NO!!! You're better then those stupid 4.10s! Now go out there and conquer every obstacle that has ever told you no!! This is your DESTINY!!!!!!!
So rad.
Old 07-13-2013, 07:00 PM   #228
Mega Member

Coast Guard:
Anteupp's Tacoma Gallery
Yea im 4wd and im fuckin SOLD!!!!!
Old 07-14-2013, 09:04 AM   #232
Stormtrooper
KCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KCDuran's Tacoma Gallery
Do you mean the orange yellowish thing? That's a valve for adding a resi in the future I turned it in so it won't show lol

I don't know about the full pack though, I may want more lift the future.
Old 07-14-2013, 02:35 PM   #233
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCDuran View Post
Do you mean the orange yellowish thing? That's a valve for adding a resi in the future I turned it in so it won't show lol

I don't know about the full pack though, I may want more lift the future.
Yeah. Haha and I'm confused by your leaf pack comment. I read that meaning you don't want a full leaf pack because you might lift your truck higher. You can buy a leaf pack based on what lift you wanna achieve
Old 07-14-2013, 03:10 PM   #234
Stormtrooper

KCDuran's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah. Haha and I'm confused by your leaf pack comment. I read that meaning you don't want a full leaf pack because you might lift your truck higher. You can buy a leaf pack based on what lift you wanna achieve
I'm just saying in the future I would like a 4" lift (definitely not this tacoma) and if I wanted to raise the rear I'd need whole new leaf pack
Old 07-16-2013, 07:04 PM   #238
Mega Member

Coast Guard:
Anteupp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes sir.
when I order my stuff from ECGS I need to get the Tacoma 8.4 Non ELD/ T100/ Tundra 3rd right?
Old 07-21-2013, 10:33 AM   #240
Stormtrooper

KCDuran's Tacoma Gallery
Okay so my friend helped me with the cutting upfront so I didn't have to take it to a shop! Love mid travel on the 4 banger... I took it into Firestone for the alignment and they thought I had a prerunner... They were shocked when I told them it's a 5-lug 4 banger hahaha