LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

2.7L Access Cab thread

Old 01-20-2013, 11:28 AM   #141
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SocoandLime View Post
Does anyone here have -just- the "Convenience Package" on their 2012? Just the 2.7 (manual or auto, looking for manual) with the 6 foot bed and no other options. If so, do you have the steering wheel mounted controls?

Mine came with the "Convenience package" and has everything but didn't have steering wheel mounted controls, and I feel like it should have included that. Toyota told me to talk to my dealer, who sucks, and see what they say. They said that I'd have to find examples of people with the same options and see if they have the steering wheel controls.
Mine's an '11 with just the Convenience Package it has audio controls but no phone controls on the steering wheel.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:51 AM   #142
SocoandLime is on a distinguished road

SocoandLime's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bash42 View Post
Do you have power windows, privacy glass and keyless entry?

I have the convenience on my '13 and it does have the steering wheel controls. But I believe this was changed once the started including the touchscreen radio in the 2013's as standard.
Yeah I have everything else besides the steering wheel controls.

I see now that when building a '13 they all come with them, but some searching online I've seen the '12s with them too.
Old 01-21-2013, 07:45 AM   #143
daylate dollar shot
dag is on a distinguished road
Name: dag
dag's Tacoma Gallery
Wanting to buy

I've been driving, for work and for fun, a '96 T-100 for the past 13 years. Am now considering getting a Tacoma. It will be almost exclusively for carrying my pop-up slide-in camper. I have an All Terrain Camper, Bobcat model. It weighs 700lbs dry, probably around 1000 lbs loaded with gear, etc. I am planning to build a similar camper and hope to lower the weight by by 2-300 lbs. I am wondering if a 2.7 access cab with 4x4 is sufficient to carrying this weight without being too much of a strain on the engine. My T-100 doesn't mind a bit but it is the 6 cylinder. I am retired(yeah) and plan to spend a great deal of time on the road, but seldom on a paved road. I want to get something that will give me the best possible gas mileage. I don't need to drive fast and I don't get TOO crazy with the off road stuff. I don't want to over work my truck and shorten it's life though. I have 376,000 miles on the T-100 and I hope to get that much out of my Tacoma. 2.7 or should I go with the 6 banger?
Old 01-21-2013, 01:43 PM   #144
SocoandLime is on a distinguished road

SocoandLime's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dag View Post
I've been driving, for work and for fun, a '96 T-100 for the past 13 years. Am now considering getting a Tacoma. It will be almost exclusively for carrying my pop-up slide-in camper. I have an All Terrain Camper, Bobcat model. It weighs 700lbs dry, probably around 1000 lbs loaded with gear, etc. I am planning to build a similar camper and hope to lower the weight by by 2-300 lbs. I am wondering if a 2.7 access cab with 4x4 is sufficient to carrying this weight without being too much of a strain on the engine. My T-100 doesn't mind a bit but it is the 6 cylinder. I am retired(yeah) and plan to spend a great deal of time on the road, but seldom on a paved road. I want to get something that will give me the best possible gas mileage. I don't need to drive fast and I don't get TOO crazy with the off road stuff. I don't want to over work my truck and shorten it's life though. I have 376,000 miles on the T-100 and I hope to get that much out of my Tacoma. 2.7 or should I go with the 6 banger?
Go with the V6. With that much weight all the time, you'll be happier that you have the extra power.

The difference in gas mileage is negligible. With 12,000 miles a year, and gas @ 3.50 a gallon, the difference between 20 MPG and 25 MPG is $420 a year, or $35 a month, or $8 a week. Worth it in my mind.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:02 PM   #145
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS
allmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gideon
allmotorrex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Go with the V6. With that much weight all the time, you'll be happier that you have the extra power.

The difference in gas mileage is negligible. With 12,000 miles a year, and gas @ 3.50 a gallon, the difference between 20 MPG and 25 MPG is $420 a year, or $35 a month, or $8 a week. Worth it in my mind.
U might as well factor in cost difference in the vehicles too then. My truck does fine and I've added about 700 pounds of stuff to it. No its not fast but it wasn't fast to begin with. Having 33" mud tires and 600# of armor and tools and I get right at 20 mpg consistently, Id have to imagine that a v6 would be down in the 14-16 range. Of coarse it all depends on your driving style. But my trucks not fast but its not too slow either and I have no problem cruising at 75 on the interstate.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:53 PM   #146
BuffaloTaco89 is on a distinguished road
Name: Dave
BuffaloTaco89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Does anyone here have -just- the "Convenience Package" on their 2012? Just the 2.7 (manual or auto, looking for manual) with the 6 foot bed and no other options. If so, do you have the steering wheel mounted controls?

Mine came with the "Convenience package" and has everything but didn't have steering wheel mounted controls, and I feel like it should have included that. Toyota told me to talk to my dealer, who sucks, and see what they say. They said that I'd have to find examples of people with the same options and see if they have the steering wheel controls.
I own a 2012 access cab, 6 foot bed 4wd with convenience package, and no it does not have steering wheel mounted controls. The steering wheel controls are a factory installed option on specific trim levels, and I can't imagine a reason why the dealer would have taken them off. Steering wheel controls are not included with the convenience package on 2012 models. If you were to go on Toyota's configurator back in 2012, you would see it appear and disappear from the options list when you clicked between convenience and SR5. For 2013 they were made part of the convenience package though. Some models purchased during 2012 that were listed as 2013's may be causing confusion with people, since they started building 2013's in August.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:10 PM   #147
bash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbash42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
bash42's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloTaco89 View Post
I own a 2012 access cab, 6 foot bed 4wd with convenience package, and no it does not have steering wheel mounted controls. The steering wheel controls are a factory installed option on specific trim levels, and I can't imagine a reason why the dealer would have taken them off. Steering wheel controls are not included with the convenience package on 2012 models. If you were to go on Toyota's configurator back in 2012, you would see it appear and disappear from the options list when you clicked between convenience and SR5. For 2013 they were made part of the convenience package though. Some models purchased during 2012 that were listed as 2013's may be causing confusion with people, since they started building 2013's in August.
Great explanation.

I hope no one bought a 2012 thinking it was a '13. Lol
Old 01-22-2013, 06:10 AM   #148
Malachi is on a distinguished road
Malachi's Tacoma Gallery
Decided to go with 265s. I was nervous about mpgs and they did go down quite a bit. But its still 16-19 and you know what, looks great and runs great and the mpgs arent that bad. I can live with it. But when i was gettin 22 once in a blue moon, that was rad too.
Here she is
Attached Thumbnails
2.7L Access Cab thread-image.jpg  
Old 01-22-2013, 07:51 AM   #149
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS
allmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shedallmotorrex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
Decided to go with 265s. I was nervous about mpgs and they did go down quite a bit. But its still 16-19 and you know what, looks great and runs great and the mpgs arent that bad. I can live with it. But when i was gettin 22 once in a blue moon, that was rad too.
Here she is
Looks great man!! And put a drop-in filter in your air box and u will get that mpg back. I got 3 mpg back with a K&N filter
Old 01-23-2013, 05:57 AM   #150
TacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jackson
TacomaJack09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Here she is

I'm averaging 19.5 MPG and I'm completely stock... Damn winter gas and city driving!
Old 01-23-2013, 06:52 AM   #151
Malachi is on a distinguished road
Malachi's Tacoma Gallery
K&N it is then. Thanks man.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:20 AM   #152
Stormtrooper
KCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: LT
Name: Kyle
KCDuran's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotorrex View Post
Looks great man!! And put a drop-in filter in your air box and u will get that mpg back. I got 3 mpg back with a K&N filter
Totally agreed! I put a drop in K&N in the stormtrooper and now I average 20-21.7 MPG in town
Old 01-24-2013, 06:34 AM   #153
TacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomaJack09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jackson
TacomaJack09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
K&N it is then. Thanks man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCDuran View Post
Totally agreed! I put a drop in K&N in the stormtrooper and now I average 20-21.7 MPG in town

Sounds like I'll be doing this as well!

Anyone running a AFE Dry Filter? Just wondering if there's much of a difference between K&N and AFE. The K&N you have to oil every once in a while, right? That's how my old one was on my '97.

EDIT: Have you guys removed your Secondary Charcoal Filter too? I've seen this mod around, not sure if it really helps or not.
Thanks!
Old 01-24-2013, 07:57 AM   #154
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaJack09 View Post
Sounds like I'll be doing this as well!

Anyone running a AFE Dry Filter? Just wondering if there's much of a difference between K&N and AFE. The K&N you have to oil every once in a while, right? That's how my old one was on my '97.

EDIT: Have you guys removed your Secondary Charcoal Filter too? I've seen this mod around, not sure if it really helps or not.
Thanks!
I've actually wondered that too. But isn't that filter in the cab behind the glove box!? How would this improve anything performance wise!?

And yeah I clean and oil my K&N every oil change.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:27 AM   #155
Resident Chubby Chaser
GEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Air Force: Certified Beer Drinker
Name: Mike
GEORGE STRAIT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotorrex View Post
I've actually wondered that too. But isn't that filter in the cab behind the glove box!? How would this improve anything performance wise!?

And yeah I clean and oil my K&N every oil change.
The secondary filter is in the airbox in the engine compartment.. its that charcoal filter which is after the main filter.. it's very restrictive. I think you're thinking of the cabin air filter for the a/c
Old 01-24-2013, 10:38 AM   #156
Stormtrooper
KCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shedKCDuran is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: LT
Name: Kyle
KCDuran's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEORGE STRAIT View Post
The secondary filter is in the airbox in the engine compartment.. its that charcoal filter which is after the main filter.. it's very restrictive. I think you're thinking of the cabin air filter for the a/c
Speaking of which does anyone really like this? More power, less MPG? Thinking about going this route... also anyone have a link to the how-to?
Old 01-24-2013, 02:25 PM   #157
GROVE ST. MOTORSPORTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEORGE STRAIT View Post
Yeah good call. And that's why I don't know what u referring to because I don't have the stock box
Old 01-24-2013, 03:03 PM   #158
Resident Chubby Chaser
GEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedGEORGE STRAIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Air Force: Certified Beer Drinker
Name: Mike
GEORGE STRAIT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCDuran View Post
Speaking of which does anyone really like this? More power, less MPG? Thinking about going this route... also anyone have a link to the how-to?
Do it! I did it before I got my AFE cold air intake.. my MPGs went up a little bit and i noticed a slight butt dyno difference. Cant hurt anything..

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/per...r-removal.html
Old 01-28-2013, 11:03 PM   #159
2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2011TacomaSR5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
2011TacomaSR5's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dag View Post
It will haul it just fine, I've towed 2580lbs with mine before. Given it wasn't a rocket, but as long as the wind isn't blowing and I wasn't in hilly country, I hold 70 just fine.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:13 AM   #160
Papa K is on a distinguished road

Papa K's Tacoma Gallery
Hello - not new with owning toyota's but new to the site. Finally pulled the trigger and got a 2013 4X4 Tacoma access cab last week. Question about the entune system Radio/CD system. Can't seem to find specs on power output. (watts per channel) Anybody know?

Products Discussed in this Thread