Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

four bangers TOW without fear....

Old 03-31-2012, 11:59 PM   #21
is one of the sharper tools in the shed
truckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedtruckboattruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: evan
truckboattruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
All TRD's are V6 , no ?
second gen yes.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:00 AM   #22
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I think the OP has a V6 TRD Offroad
Old 04-01-2012, 12:00 AM   #23
Dustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Dustyroades's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
But I've never heard of a double cab 6 lug 4 cylinder.

CONFUSION
It exists, but only in Prerunner form.

But I've never heard of a TRD 4 banger. Seems OP either has a V6 or fake TRD decals.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:02 AM   #24
SoCal Tacomas
Jerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shedJerez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roderick
Jerez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes, Toyota makes a double cab, 4 cylinder Tacoma. But it's a 5 lug. They also make 4 cylinder 6 lugs access cabs. So that is also accurate. But I've never heard of a double can 6 lug 4 cylinder.

CONFUSION
Yup...Toyota makes 4 cylinder double cab short bed prerunners or 4x4s now...
But the one in the pic looks like a TRD Offroad...might have added stickers adds 30 hp remember
Old 04-01-2012, 12:05 AM   #25
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
All TRD's are V6 , no ?
Yes.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:05 AM   #26
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Or we are all being trolled.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:07 AM   #27
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Bingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cevaes View Post
Mine is a SR5 too, those are ebay stickers didnt like the plain look but the suspension is alright i dont have any complaints so far..
Old 04-01-2012, 12:08 AM   #28

But it's still a double cab 6 lug 4 banger. I didn't know those existed.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:10 AM   #29

You learn something new everyday right?
Old 04-01-2012, 12:16 AM   #30
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/4-c...ml#post3538573

read post 11.

You guys are harsh. I'd like to think the guy would know what engine he has under the hood.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:19 AM   #31
Dustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Dustyroades's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joes06tacoma View Post
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/4-c...ml#post3538573

read post 11.

You guys are harsh. I'd like to think the guy would know what engine he has under the hood.
Funny how many people think you can't get an I4 with 6 lugs, a double cab, or "TRD wheels". However OP should remove his decals to avoid future confusion on the forum
Old 04-01-2012, 12:20 AM   #32
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
Have you been in the 2nd gen section before?
I hang out here WAY too much!
Old 04-01-2012, 12:21 AM   #33
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
4 banger prerunners and 4 banger 4wd truck have 6 lugs. Those are the only 4 bangers with 6 lugs.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:47 AM   #34
MountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
MountainEarth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaholandho View Post
I spose this would be a good tactic when trading in as I would think only 50% of the dealerships would actually catch this

LOL

Mystery solved. An I4 double cab PreRunner with TRD wheels and Ebay TRD decals. As for the guy who said his buddy got an I4 access cab TRD 4x4 ... I wish. I'd be all over that ... especially if they bump up the I4 to the HP in the Highlander (187). As for now, a TRD I4 doesn't exist.
Old 04-01-2012, 07:16 AM   #35
Speeeeeeeed
cevaes is a glorious beacon of lightcevaes is a glorious beacon of lightcevaes is a glorious beacon of lightcevaes is a glorious beacon of lightcevaes is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Cesar
cevaes's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry for my delay in responding i just woke up
its funny what custom decals from ebay and a set of rims can do =)

Toyota started making this model in double cabs 2011, when i bought mine i had to wait 2 weeks because it was coming from japan they were only 20 in the whole state of FL, now with this gas prices they all over the place =)

here is the proof

last picture is the first day i bought it
Old 04-01-2012, 07:18 AM   #36
Speeeeeeeed
cevaes is a glorious beacon of lightcevaes is a glorious beacon of lightcevaes is a glorious beacon of lightcevaes is a glorious beacon of lightcevaes is a glorious beacon of light
cevaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Really? Huh that's weird, then the TRD stickers are fake.

Must be a new, rare package?

Does your truck have a locker? And did the dealership sell it to you as a " TRD Off-Road" model?
The only package i have is the SR5 Package
Old 04-01-2012, 07:21 AM   #37
Speeeeeeeed
cevaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
Ive never seen chrome mirrors either. Must have checked the "mystery trim package" when ordering it. Toyota clearly took random parts from different models of Tacoma's and added them all to one. It is probably a 5 spd too.
All of it came out of ebay, i added everything, Look at my post when i first got it, and i think it is a 5 speed that im not sure
Old 04-01-2012, 07:21 AM   #38
Speeeeeeeed
cevaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaholandho View Post
But...Ive never seen someone Troll with a picture of their truck, boat and themselves in the thread.
Thats not me, not my boat either =)
Old 04-01-2012, 09:43 AM   #39

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cevaes View Post
Sorry for my delay in responding i just woke up
its funny what custom decals from ebay and a set of rims can do =)

Toyota started making this model in double cabs 2011, when i bought mine i had to wait 2 weeks because it was coming from japan they were only 20 in the whole state of FL, now with this gas prices they all over the place =)
They make this unicorn in Japan ? All the other Tacomas are made in Texas and Mexico .
Old 04-01-2012, 09:48 AM   #40
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by joes06tacoma View Post
You would be very surprised about how little people know about their own vehicles.