Notices

four bangers TOW without fear....

Old 06-07-2012, 06:16 AM   #81
Shooting Bull is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement:
Name: Mike
Shooting Bull's Tacoma Gallery
Talking 2012 Access I4 auto

I just pulled my boat, 2300#,for the first time without any problems. 2012 Access 4 cyl. auto 5 lug. No trailer sway. I was worried it may not have enough weight in the ass, traction, to pull the boat out of the water , but it pulled it out no problem.
Old 06-20-2012, 09:39 PM   #82
trooper12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrooper12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrooper12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrooper12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrooper12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrooper12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrooper12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrooper12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrooper12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrooper12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrooper12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Spencer
trooper12's Tacoma Gallery
four bangers TOW without fear....-imageuploadedbytapatalk1340253304.649461.jpg

I just towed my 18' boat today for the first time, and it did great!!! It weights around 3,500 pounds so it's really pushing the towing capacity. But it did really good. I drove it on a hilly highway and it maintained 55 very easily. And pulled it out of a very very steep and slippery ramp with minimal wheel spin, power was not an issue just traction.

I was worried about it not being being able to make it up that ramp, but it did it!!
Old 06-21-2012, 09:11 AM   #83
Hard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: H
Hard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by trooper12 View Post
Attachment 156717

I just towed my 18' boat today for the first time, and it did great!!! It weights around 3,500 pounds so it's really pushing the rowing capacity. But it did really good. I drove it on a hilly highway and it maintained 55 very easily. And pulled it out of a very very steep and slippery ramp with minimal wheel spin, power was not an issue just traction.

I was worried about it not being being able to make it up that ramp, but it did it!!
I would just use the engine.....rowing that big boat would make me tired.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:30 AM   #84
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
FWIW I back in the day I towed a 16' Chriscraft every week from Pacifica, Ca to Princeton, Ca. with this

all I needed was the hitch and a set of air shocks. Granted it had a 305v8 but it was only 160 hp. I am just trying to show that a Tacoma should handle that boat easily-4 banger or not.
Old 06-21-2012, 02:16 PM   #85
trooper12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrooper12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrooper12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrooper12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrooper12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrooper12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrooper12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrooper12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrooper12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrooper12 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtrooper12 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Spencer
trooper12's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hard View Post
I would just use the engine.....rowing that big boat would make me tired.
Hahahaha I just noticed that! I'm on my phone and I can't change it. I've actually tried to row that boat before, diddnt work at all!!

Fixed it!