Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

four bangers TOW without fear....

Old 03-31-2012, 08:16 PM   #1
Speeeeeeeed
cevaes is a glorious beacon of lightcevaes is a glorious beacon of lightcevaes is a glorious beacon of lightcevaes is a glorious beacon of lightcevaes is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Cesar
cevaes's Tacoma Gallery
four bangers TOW without fear....

ok, so I own a 2011 2.7 Double Cab Tacoma and this weekend had to tow a old 18ft boat, I wasn't sure and to be honest I was really scared about it, Thought that I would be pushing my truck too far so I started to do my research, and i found out that it was a doable thing I don't know the exact weight of the boat and trailer, but its like a 1975 old boat that looks big and heavy.. I was worried about pulling it out of the water on a stiff ramp full of seaweeds without the power of a V6 or a 4x4, but man his truck really surprised me today.. Started to pull the boat and i would let the engine on idle just to see if it would move and it did, on a flat the truck started to pull the boat without me touching the gas, that right there gave me confidence to keep on going, I towed the boat for like 45 miles one way with no issues at all, doing 50-55 MPH and not feeling the truck being overwhelmed, i mean i felt it heavier but nothing too bad, I drove really decent (rare on me) did not push it a lot, just let it take its time to get to speed, DID NOT even felt it weak pulling the boat out of the water...

ohh i forgot, mine is an automatic, so if you have a manual, MUCH BETTER =)

So there you go.. hope this helps clearing doubts =)

Note: I don't recommend doing this, first find out the weight of the boat and then take it from there, there is a 3500 towing limit that should not be exceeded.

I wont do this too often either unless i take the boat to the weight station and if its under the limit ill be fishing every other weekend.

Old 03-31-2012, 10:00 PM   #2
MountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
MountainEarth's Tacoma Gallery
Umm not saying you don't know your truck! But I see TRD decals and those aren't the stock 4 cylinder rims. I'm assuming those are aftermarket?
Old 03-31-2012, 10:03 PM   #3
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
TRD 6 lug double cab 4 banger? That's a first. You sir, have a V6.
Old 03-31-2012, 10:05 PM   #5
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
TRD 6 lug double cab 4 banger? That's a first. You sir, have a V6.
Didn't notice the six lugs either haha
Old 03-31-2012, 10:05 PM   #6
MountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
MountainEarth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
6 lug double cab 4 banger? That's a first.
There's a double cab Prerunner 2.7L. From Toyota... "4x2 PreRunner Double Cab 2.7L 4-Cyl. 4-Speed Automatic - $22,825 msrp ". Aren't the PreRunners all 6 lug? Still that being said, those aren't the 6 lugs usually seen on the 4 cylinders.
Old 03-31-2012, 10:13 PM   #7
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Really? Huh that's weird, then the TRD stickers are fake.

Must be a new, rare package?

Does your truck have a locker? And did the dealership sell it to you as a " TRD Off-Road" model?
Old 03-31-2012, 10:18 PM   #9

Also, can you take a picture of your engine?
Old 03-31-2012, 10:22 PM   #10
Bishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Bishop2Queens6's Tacoma Gallery
You have a 6 lug truck which equals V6 engine.

4 Bangers only have 5 lugs which means there is not possible way you're running those TRD off-road wheels.

If you're engine looks like this:

You have a V6 engine with V6 power and a tow capacity of 6000 lbs.
Old 03-31-2012, 10:37 PM   #12
Mckeown343
Kyle is just really niceKyle is just really niceKyle is just really niceKyle is just really niceKyle is just really nice

Kyle's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop2Queens6 View Post
You have a 6 lug truck which equals V6 engine.

4 Bangers only have 5 lugs which means there is not possible way you're running those TRD off-road wheels.

If you're engine looks like this:

You have a V6 engine with V6 power and a tow capacity of 6000 lbs.
Not True I have 6 Lug and 4 cylinder. Toyota does make a double cab 4 cylinder as well but it wont be 4*4.
Old 03-31-2012, 10:42 PM   #13
Bishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBishop2Queens6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 907taco View Post
My 4 banger have 6lugs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
Not True I have 6 Lug and 4 cylinder. Toyota does make a double cab 4 cylinder as well but it wont be 4*4.
Hmm... I guess they made a change at I4's have 6 lug. I guess its a 09+ change. My mistake.

But the OP does have TRD off road stickers, with TRD off road wheels, and the TRD off road styling scheme. Do I4's come with a TRD off road package?
Old 03-31-2012, 10:44 PM   #14
Self Proclaimed first gen expert :doh:
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Greensystemsgo's Tacoma Gallery
subd
Old 03-31-2012, 10:47 PM   #15
Mckeown343
Kyle is just really niceKyle is just really niceKyle is just really niceKyle is just really niceKyle is just really nice

Kyle's Tacoma Gallery
My Truck is a 2005 and when I bought the truck it came with trd wheels. But my truck is not TRD. Toyota had I4 in double cab I believe starting 2009. And yes they do just had a friend pick up a access cab TRD 4*4 I4.
Old 03-31-2012, 10:50 PM   #16

Yes, Toyota makes a double cab, 4 cylinder Tacoma. But it's a 5 lug. They also make 4 cylinder 6 lugs access cabs. So that is also accurate. But I've never heard of a double can 6 lug 4 cylinder.

CONFUSION
Old 03-31-2012, 10:54 PM   #17

If the OP just posts a picture of his engine this will all be figured out....

Since he may have a TRD OR I4, does it also come with ATRAC and a locker?

Also, didn't they cancel the Speedway Blue color past 2008? Yet he has 09+ rear tail lights....
Old 03-31-2012, 10:55 PM   #18
Mckeown343

Kyle's Tacoma Gallery
For what I know my buddy at Toyota said its special order only, and they are in 6 Lug. All I know is that the double cab might be a little heavy for an I4! Just my opinion
Old 03-31-2012, 10:57 PM   #19
Mckeown343

Kyle's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop2Queens6 View Post
If the OP just posts a picture of his engine this will all be figured out....

Since he may have a TRD OR I4, does it also come with ATRAC and a locker?
TRD does not always mean 6cyl. And yes a picture would be nice to confirm. My buddies ruck has the ATRAC, Locker, Auto Clutch Start everything but in a I4.
Old 03-31-2012, 10:58 PM   #20
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
TRD does not always mean 6cyl. And yes a picture would be nice to confirm. My buddies ruck has the ATRAC, Locker, Auto Clutch Start everything but in a I4.
All TRD's are V6 , no ?