Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

engine cutout only on bumps?

Old 04-08-2012, 10:53 AM   #21
yota new.o is on a distinguished road

Name: joe
yota new.o's Tacoma Gallery
bump: alternator bearings are just fine there is no play at all down there i took the belt off also and it spins freely
Old 04-09-2012, 01:42 PM   #23

So driving to work today the truck acted up again sputtering occasionally at any rpm the only thing I have yet to do is plugs and wires ive fine cap rotor coil fuel filter, I'm very frustrated any ideas at all guys
Old 04-09-2012, 10:59 PM   #25

is it possible that my air intake setup could be causing it. i bought just an adapter plate to bolt to the maf and put a k&n on it?
Old 04-09-2012, 11:06 PM   #26
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
As long as the vacuum hoses are hooked up you should be good but you could test it out if you still got the stock one
Old 04-09-2012, 11:06 PM   #27

another thing how picky are these trucks to sticking with denso parts. i know my buddy at the toyota dealer says only use denso but is that just him trying to get my business or what
Old 04-10-2012, 09:15 AM   #28

bump: put on old intake and nothing changed, i am now off to get new plugs and wires
Old 04-10-2012, 10:39 AM   #29

plugs and wires did absolutly nothing for it now i have a p1300 code?
Old 04-10-2012, 10:45 AM   #31

igniter #1 malfunction
Old 04-10-2012, 04:04 PM   #32
DarkShark is a splendid one to beholdDarkShark is a splendid one to beholdDarkShark is a splendid one to beholdDarkShark is a splendid one to beholdDarkShark is a splendid one to beholdDarkShark is a splendid one to beholdDarkShark is a splendid one to behold

Name: Clark
DarkShark's Tacoma Gallery
Dude I wish I could come give u a hand.
Hope you figure it out soon.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:37 PM   #33

Thanks man I have a new igniter on order but if that don't fix it I'm sending it to the yota dealer its getting sketch to even drive to work
Old 04-10-2012, 07:19 PM   #34
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Its gunna suck when you take it to the dealer and ends up something really simple that's always the case I hope everything turns out okay man
Old 04-10-2012, 09:01 PM   #35

Ya this is irritating luckily with working at autozone as well I can try that igniter before I buy ha ha
Old 04-11-2012, 09:11 AM   #36

could it be that it has jumped timing cause i also notice my rpm gauge is about 500 rpm?
Old 04-12-2012, 06:37 AM   #37
Hard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shedHard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: H
Hard's Tacoma Gallery
I dont think if you jumped timing that it would affect your tachometer. This would be an indication of a loose connection in the ignition system. I assum that since you mentioned the cap and plug wires this is the earlier 3rz with a distributor. I would go through your connections again, maybe looking to see if it changes your tachometer reading so you can find the root cause. If your computer is now throwing a code then that would be a good place to focus on but not neccesarily the main problem.

I know these problems are frustrating but keep at it and you will learn a lot about your car and will have it running like a top again in no time.

Oh and go Ducks.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:22 AM   #38

lol thanks man i just tried a new igniter and it really helped it cut out maybe twice and it was very faint, but my old one tested good. on the drive back home with the old one it was constantly cutting out, and now it has developed this real deep squeek almost a grind coming from the motor, loud enough i can hear it in the cab. saturday im going to take it in to be diagnosed. im thinking this is a sign that it might be timw for a new tacoma.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:55 AM   #39
DarkShark is a splendid one to beholdDarkShark is a splendid one to beholdDarkShark is a splendid one to beholdDarkShark is a splendid one to beholdDarkShark is a splendid one to beholdDarkShark is a splendid one to beholdDarkShark is a splendid one to behold

Name: Clark
DarkShark's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yota new.o View Post
lol thanks man i just tried a new igniter and it really helped it cut out maybe twice and it was very faint, but my old one tested good. on the drive back home with the old one it was constantly cutting out, and now it has developed this real deep squeek almost a grind coming from the motor, loud enough i can hear it in the cab. saturday im going to take it in to be diagnosed. im thinking this is a sign that it might be timw for a new tacoma.
Dont say that yet you just put all that money in your lift. I can understand it make you think that now but when you fix it youll love it again.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:42 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShark View Post
Dont say that yet you just put all that money in your lift. I can understand it make you think that now but when you fix it youll love it again.

if i need a new motor you will be coming over here to help put this in even if i gotta drive over there and bring you here ha ha