Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > 4 Cylinder

Notices

does anybody WORK their truck?

Old 04-23-2012, 05:32 PM   #21
RogerRZ has much to be proud ofRogerRZ has much to be proud ofRogerRZ has much to be proud ofRogerRZ has much to be proud ofRogerRZ has much to be proud ofRogerRZ has much to be proud ofRogerRZ has much to be proud ofRogerRZ has much to be proud ofRogerRZ has much to be proud ofRogerRZ has much to be proud of
Firefighter: Deputy Chief
RogerRZ's Tacoma Gallery
I look after logging crews in the woods, so this is what my truck does all week:

This is what it does on the weekends: (I won't say how much it weighs, but it gets hauled up and down the road doing at least the posted limit, and it's a KZ Spree 261RKS)

Old 04-24-2012, 07:40 PM   #22
tan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtan4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rick
tan4x4's Tacoma Gallery
After an ATV rider rolled his rig on top of him while offroading
Last Chance canyon, I rescued his rig,
while he was on his way in an ambulance.

Old 04-24-2012, 07:56 PM   #23
Small and Tall
tacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Drew
tacobell007's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacobell007

Hauling maple and oak logs cut to roughly 18 inches in length and ranging from 6 to 8 inches in diameter. Usually have something in the bed whether its wood, sports gear, or just something that needs to be moved.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:06 PM   #24
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Not mine, but I'd say that Taco got a workout...

Too bad we don't have close-up shots of the carnage. I find it interesting the left tailgate latch held, but the left hinge (which is a solid cup) popped out.

Old 04-24-2012, 08:07 PM   #25
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
Definitely used it to help move some folks. Had a 275 lb guy stand on the tailgate like it was a diving board - it obviously doesn't suffer from the weak tailgate like the early second gens did. I've had it mounded up with duck dekes/carts/camo/waders/bags/guns a couple times.

Still can't bring myself to haul mulch in it though.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:27 AM   #27
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
One possibility is that the left hinge cup actually separated from the tailgate (i.e. two torx screws stripped out), but even that requires tremendous forces.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:34 AM   #28
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post

Too bad we don't have close-up shots of the carnage. I find it interesting the left tailgate latch held, but the left hinge (which is a solid cup) popped out.

I can't even figure out how he had the lumber loaded to end up like that , and where is the rear crossbar on his rack ?
Old 04-25-2012, 12:36 AM   #29
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IgnorantlyAlberta View Post
Hows this?Attachment 148498 its not much weight but it looks funny.
You need a headache rack , I can haul 20' lumber on mine
Old 04-25-2012, 12:38 AM   #30
Lord of War

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I can't even figure out how he had the lumber loaded to end up like that , and where is the rear crossbar on his rack ?
Lumber was loaded diagonally "artillery style", supported in the front by the rack's front crossbar. Rear end of the lumber was in the bed, butting up against the bottom of the tailgate. Would've been OK if driver watched overhead clearances...
Old 04-25-2012, 12:41 AM   #31

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Lumber was loaded diagonally, supported in the front by the rack's front crossbar. Rear end of the lumber was in the bed, butting up against the bottom of the tailgate. Would've been OK if driver watched overhead clearances...
Why the fuck would you ever load it like that , with boards that long , when he could have put them flat up top , lol

Where the hell is the back bar of his Kargomaster rack ?

When I take long ( 20' ) boards when I have my headache rack , I leave the gate up and have 4 or 5' out back too .
Old 04-26-2012, 09:59 PM   #33
Swamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSwamp Donkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Swamp Donkey's Tacoma Gallery
I use mine for work. Not sure how much my canopy, SCBA, fire extinguisher, tools, bed liner, etc weigh, but by the looks of my low rider and very sad droopy leaf springs, it is more then this little baby truck can handle. Guess I need a lift! The stock Dunlop AT20's rock in the mud! 30,000 km's on the truck so far in 8 months.
Attached Thumbnails
does anybody WORK their truck?-img_0757.jpg   does anybody WORK their truck?-img_0758.jpg   does anybody WORK their truck?-img_0759.jpg   does anybody WORK their truck?-img_0760.jpg  
Old 04-30-2012, 04:30 PM   #34
WVToyota3214 is on a distinguished road
Name: Tyler
WVToyota3214's Tacoma Gallery
T
Old 04-30-2012, 04:33 PM   #35
WVToyota3214 is on a distinguished road
Name: Tyler
WVToyota3214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4jeep View Post
Does this count?
Hell yeah it does
Old 04-30-2012, 04:40 PM   #36
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
^X2. Winner
Old 05-01-2012, 11:35 AM   #37
Banned
knucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shedknucklehead is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jeff
knucklehead's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Quote:
One possibility is that the left hinge cup actually separated from the tailgate (i.e. two torx screws stripped out), but even that requires tremendous forces.
I have an experiment for the two of you. Grab a piece of paper, and draw two 'X''s on it in the lower corners. Measure the distance between the 'X''s. Now fold the paper left to right. Measure again. Notice that the 'X''s are now closer together.

When the tailgate bent, the width decreased and allowed it to pop off. On top of that, the force was 100% on the bottom of the tailgate.

Mystery solved.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:56 AM   #38
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by knucklehead View Post
I have an experiment for the two of you. Grab a piece of paper, and draw two 'X''s on it in the lower corners. Measure the distance between the 'X''s. Now fold the paper left to right. Measure again. Notice that the 'X''s are now closer together.

When the tailgate bent, the width decreased and allowed it to pop off. On top of that, the force was 100% on the bottom of the tailgate.

Mystery solved.
I have an experiment for you, stop acting like a dick or you wont last long here
Old 05-01-2012, 12:01 PM   #39
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-01-2012, 12:08 PM   #40
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
had to move 15 boxed up bicycles for the shop i work at.